Toronto District School Board logo
Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

3.9Job security & advancement

Productive Work Place

I've worked in this specific area of the TDSB for almost 4 years now and it's safe to say it is one of my favourite jobs that I've had. With the summer job most co-workers as the same age (university students) we all get a along and with some of the same people coming back year after years we've all grown close and even hang out outside of work.

Long hours, lots of homework and lesson prep. Kids come first.

Teacher is "on" all day with kids. 40 Min. Break at lunch and one or two recesses. The best part was connecting with the kids. Be prepared for teaching in many different ways for different learning styles. Lots of testing FOR learning and OF learning. Lots of record keeping. Phone calls to parents, daily communication in agenda. Marking and remarking, student collaboration. Fun, engaging activities to motivate learning. Report Cards three times a year. Parent interviews when required, at least once a year.

Lovely

I had a great time working with the Toronto District School Board on two occasions, one being a camp councillor and the second being a intern at two schools, including a special needs high school which gave me better insight into the careers that surround working with vulnerable people, especially young people.

Productive place to work

I have learned a lot working with the Toronto School Board, number one being how to work with various people and personality. The culture of the workplace was a good one

Enjoyable experience.

I have worked over 35 years for this board . I have seen a lot of new implimentations that did not really make the job better. I see the administrators that lead the school can make or break the school. More care should be given in hiring administrators for schools. They should be a good fit for the particular community that the school is in.

Pros

Interacting with many people

Cons

A lot of unpaid hours are involved

Jobs at Toronto District School Board