Toronto District School Board
View all Toronto District School Board reviews

Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Review

Productive and fun environment

As a summer student for the TDSB I was able to work within various environments with a diverse community of people, while at the same time remaining with my assigned group of coworkers on a daily basis. While the job was quite demanding on occasion, my coworkers made my job at the TDSB feel like home. During my 5 years at the board, management switched over every year, and each new manager was always welcoming and easy to talk to. If my workplace environment ever got uncomfortable on a rare occasion, I was treated with the utmost respect by management. The hardest part of this job was the demanding physical labour and problem solving skills. This job really required me to be able to move large pieces of furniture across schools, and work at a fast pace. While some days were quite demanding, I always felt respected and appreciated for the jobs I was assigned to do. The most enjoyable part of the job were the friendships I have made and continue to keep. This position really did go to show that the people around you and their positive attitudes really are a key role in a workplace environment and can positively impact the efficiency and happiness of a company's employees.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Nice to work around children

Takes time to learn the different aspects of the job requirement but once you understand its easy. It involves just more that cleaning to be exact.

Pros

Sick days and vacations

Cons

Handling incidates
Same role

Straight forward

Pretty straight forward tasks to complete at steady pace. No over the shoulder supervision which allows you to work in a stress free environment. Mostly working alone but sometimes working with others during the summer break
Same location

One doesn't teach for the glory

The TDSB is notoriously difficult to work for. The best part of any day is working with children. However, the culture of the school board is less than positive and no matter how dedicated the staff, leadership is what matters and can make true lasting changes.

Pros

The kids

Cons

Divisive policies; underfunding; poor planning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2