Toronto District School Board logo
Toronto District School Board
View all Toronto District School Board reviews

Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Review

One doesn't teach for the glory

The TDSB is notoriously difficult to work for. The best part of any day is working with children. However, the culture of the school board is less than positive and no matter how dedicated the staff, leadership is what matters and can make true lasting changes.

Pros

The kids

Cons

Divisive policies; underfunding; poor planning

5.0Job security/advancement

Same location

Productive and fun environment

As a summer student for the TDSB I was able to work within various environments with a diverse community of people, while at the same time remaining with my assigned group of coworkers on a daily basis. While the job was quite demanding on occasion, my coworkers made my job at the TDSB feel like home. During my 5 years at the board, management switched over every year, and each new manager was always welcoming and easy to talk to. If my workplace environment ever got uncomfortable on a rare occasion, I was treated with the utmost respect by management. The hardest part of this job was the demanding physical labour and problem solving skills. This job really required me to be able to move large pieces of furniture across schools, and work at a fast pace. While some days were quite demanding, I always felt respected and appreciated for the jobs I was assigned to do. The most enjoyable part of the job were the friendships I have made and continue to keep. This position really did go to show that the people around you and their positive attitudes really are a key role in a workplace environment and can positively impact the efficiency and happiness of a company's employees.

Productive and student centered culture

A culture of quality education, policies are enforced.Great customer service.Continuous staff training and development.Excellent communication medium

School is under Toronto School Board. Toronto

Rules and regulation are strict and very organized. Have to work promptly and effectively as per the School Board's regulation and procedures.It was a Migration Project to Win 10 operating system. Have to work accurately & promptly and complete the jobs accurately and on time

Pros

Have to bring lunch

Cons

7.5 Hours work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2