Toronto District School Board
View all Toronto District School Board reviews

Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Review

A great place to work in my candid opinion.

My direct Manager plays very vital roles in reaching my evaluations in general. Over all, a wonderful employer as a whole. Job security, good compensation and pension. You are given respect and recognised what you went to school to study plus professional experience. I will recommend this employer anytime and any day to anyone.

Pros

Good compensation. Solid union group.

Cons

I am not aware of any at this time.

5.0Job security/advancement

Same roleSame location

grow professionally in another field or elsewhere!

Oh my, there's a lot to say about this place... First off, being a supply CYW is great experience & money, but do not expect to get a permanent job or LTO easily. It takes time & connections to obtain any one of those. You will supply for YEARS. There is no guarantee of day to day work & you will definitely NEED to get a second & may even third job to make ends meet! In the last few years, the Board has been cutting CYW positions like crazy. The KIP program will be closing at the end of June 2020 & High School Resource CYWs were assigned to work between 2 schools in September 2019. Talk about poor advancement... Another thing is about the schools. Your sanity & work experience will greatly depend on the support and involvement of admin. Some places will treat you with respect & have an understanding of the CYW role. Others do not care & treat CYWs horribly. It is important that you have a VERY good understanding of your duties & stand up for yourself. If you don't, you will be taken advantage of. Lastly, I heed warning to any CYW that applies to work here. This board is one of the very few education system that recognizes the CYW role in a professional capacity in comparison to others. Yet, there is still a long way to go, as there is no official certification for us in Ontario. I highly recommend furthering your education (BSW, MSW, OCT) & go from there. There will be more, better paid opportunities on the horizon for you.

Pros

the experience will prepare you for pretty much ANYTHING

Cons

very inconsistent, positions are being cut, limited long-term career opportunities
Same role

If you love working with kids, You'll enjoy workign for the TDSB

I work a 8am_4pm daily, as a supply swometimes there are no jobs and its hard. Ensure you have a backup job if need steady income. My day at work is stressful but rewarding becasue the students i work with. AWe need to get paid better thats for sure. Management is very helpful and depepending on the school supportive. The hardest part of the job is having to dseal with behaviors, the enjoyable part is when a student reaches a milestone or is successful.

Pros

short days

Cons

BEhaviors and students abuse
Same location

Productive and student centered culture

A culture of quality education, policies are enforced.Great customer service.Continuous staff training and development.Excellent communication medium

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2