Toronto District School Board
Happiness score is 80 out of 100

Toronto District School Board: 344 Employee Reviews

Canada344 reviews

Very good.

Very good. Easy to work with others. Best pay in the province. Hard to get a position. Worthwhile advancement. Get a great pension, hokidays, work balance.

Amazing place to work

TDSB is an amazing place to work. Great hours, great benefits, amazing colleagues that are always ready to collaborate and help, and the kindest and most understanding managers. Love it!

Insights into Toronto District School Board

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Productive and Fun Place to Work in

Amazing experience, was a place where I could constantly learn and manage dealing with clients and was a great workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team for sure.

Good work-life balance

Fun work environment with the right people. Only con is the distance to some locations, but overall good experience and amazing pay/hours. Staff at some locations are very easy to get along with, good opportunity for growth

Its school...

Every day is a new day. new challenges and never a dull moment. If you are able to handle stressful situations then this is a job for you. It has changed over the years.

good place to work if you're looking for starter job

Far too many politics involved in an organization that should be focused on education. Unfortunately, those who are supposed to be educated eventually lose in the long run.

Racism is endemic

Racism is endemic in the corporate culture of the Organization. Working there as a person of Color, I experienced it personally and when I sought help, I was ignored! I was broken! I don’t recommend this Organization to any person of Color.

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Racists

Fun place to work with lovely staff caretakers are nice

Nice job cleaning up for the summer, they don't rush and the supervisors are very nice and understanding. Work makes you take initiative to come early and be dedicated

Faculty and staff support students and one another

Faculty and staff engage in ongoing personal learning and always support students, both academically and personally. Emphasizing joy in the process of education for all.

Terrible work-life balance

Pros: summers offlots of vacation timedecent pay after years of workingcons:no life work balanceinsane amount of workloadno one cares about the teachers

Rewarding work with students - frustration with systems

A mix of bright and dedicated colleagues - and stressed out/checked out dead wood. The work with students is always rewarding but it's often only possible in spite of management.

Fast paced and changes moment to moment, day to day.

I am re applying to the school board as it was my dedicated career for fifteen years until recently. I loved the supportive staff and amazing and fascinating students. Truly my dream job!

Pros

Work no weekends or holidays

Cons

Stressful situations and protective gear required upon occasion.

Safe, the staff are caring and kind . It a productive place to work.

The tdsb is a fun and entrusting place to work.I go to work each a without stress ,fear. I would recommend anyone who is looking for work to apply with the tdsb

Pros

depends on the hours worked

Cons

6.5 hrs

Have nothing negative to say about the company itself. People can start a lot of drama For no reason. At least in The trade departments it seemed that way. If you get a good crew it could be amazing, but out of no where they might switch your crew and shift. Other than that no complaints.

Pros

Good benefits, job security, good salary

Cons

Shift changes, slow process for a-list, drama

Fun place to work . Very easy going

Great job if you like to work on your own with minimal supervision. Sweep floors, change garbages , clean bathrooms, scrub/ wax floors, move desks in and out of classroomsReasonable heavy lifting, must be good being on your feet.

Pros

Good pay, full time hours

Cons

Bad hours in spring

The Job was Productive

The job starts by 9am and ends 4pm. We were given enough breaks in between these times. I learnt how to arrange laptop chargers neatly, and also enjoyed team work between the everyone else and I. We had free lunches sometimes and Ice cream was kept in the freezer for us to take anytime we wanted to take it and we were asked to take as many as we wanted and the supervisors always restock the freezer if the drinks and ice creams are finished.

Pros

I had free lunches some times, the supervisors are really good and friendly.

Cons

Nil

Very slow success

Too many levels of position status until you get permanent full time with benefits (takes at least 10 years for most employees I have spoken to. Too many support public workers they hire and can’t even speak english nor know how to operate computer / work with apps. Union for admin is no help at all so don’t waste your money. Very slow in job position promotion. They hire new support employees that can’t even speak english and their hiring procedures is so unfair. Senior Management and senior teachers are so arrogant / very high ego (two faces I would say), etc...

Fun place for some people, not Occasional teachers.

Some schools have happier staff than others. Principals generally like to hire who they like. The white people are more favoured. Some teachers are not friendly to guests in their school. Students can be very mean to Occasional teachers unless the Principal keeps reminding them to treat their guest teachers with respect.

Cons

Healthcare for Occasional teachers

n/a

on boarding an individual is difficult to get through. uniforms are hard to attain. salary is low, perhaps if you are in a divorce procedure it would be a consideration. work pace is ultra slow.

Pros

good pension

Cons

20 to 35% below what a very good HVAC company pays

Productive and student centered culture

A culture of quality education, policies are enforced.Great customer service.Continuous staff training and development.Excellent communication medium

School is under Toronto School Board. Toronto

Rules and regulation are strict and very organized. Have to work promptly and effectively as per the School Board's regulation and procedures.It was a Migration Project to Win 10 operating system. Have to work accurately & promptly and complete the jobs accurately and on time

Pros

Have to bring lunch

Cons

7.5 Hours work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement