Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

Supply/sna
Sna (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
Great experience you can aquire new skills. Its a diverse work environment. Most staff are enjoyable to work alongside with. Can be stressful depending on class or program.
Pros
You can pick the schools you want to supply in
Cons
No benefits, no sick days, no stability. Little to no room to advance due to sinority
Great
Child and Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2018
Assisted in classrooms, teachers were nice, work environment is fast paced. Class trips were fun for students. Room to grow within the board. Free to run programs
Pros
Working alongside teachers
Cons
Recess duty
Casual but professional and supportive work environment.
Employee Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
The Board is an excellent workplace. Management is very supportive and cordial. I would strongly recommend the Board as a workplace for those wishing to gain excellent work experience in HR and other areas within the organization.
Pros
Work, salary and benefits
Cons
Understaffing in HR areas
Enjoy my career
Parent Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2018
This position has been wonderful and I am only moving on to get closer to home and work on a higher pay scale with more hours.

I work 5 hours a day but only 4 days a week. I have attended many workshops where I have gained many skills. The management was very good at their job and thoughtful with employees. The hardest part of the job was not having enough time to do all that was needed to assist families with the support that was needed. The most enjoyable part was was the connections built with the children and parents as well as the staff I worked with.
I am a fast learner and a good team player
Computer Security Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
To obtain position as a computer networking and technical support professional with strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills who addresses customer support issues quickly and consistently exceeds performance standards for the growth of your organization and myself
Its ok
Painter/Assistant Maintenance Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
Its ok and fun.....alot of stepping on toes. Too many politics. Possible room for advancement. Everyday is a new day. Make it as you make it...take it day by day and go with the flow.
griffin centre
Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  leaside highschool16 January 2018
well educated on mental health and training's. staff are not treated fairly. week supervision would be helpful to help reduce burn out. Staff are very burnt out as an example .
Best
Contracted Services Division, Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
Best place ever to work and learn. There's so much that life has to offer. I enjoyed all the work and programs associated with this cause. Some of the people I wish were still forever friends.
Fun and Productive workplace
Youth Mentor, Focus on Youth (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
Gives the opportunity to meet others and create resources
supervised children while preparing activities
took care of children when injured
CPR was taught
summer job
Pros
Free CPR class
Cons
long hours in the sun
Fun Yet Tiresome
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2017
Working with the teachers and students can be a lot of fun and rewarding but the level that some teachers are educated at may not be high enough. They are surprisingly stupid for teachers.
Pros
Everyone is nice.
Cons
Stupid people
Feels like your back in High School all over again.
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto16 December 2017
I enjoy working for TDSB as. a supply support staff due to its flexible schedule and variety in working with a host of children across the board. Wonderful experience and well worth a career choice.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no stability
Steady work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto ON12 December 2017
Pleasant
Clean
Repetitive - not a lot of variety

in this present position I have learned many skills to take me to different positions.

thank you.
Pros
Permanent
Cons
Little movement
Caretaker/Maintenance Person (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
Learned to deal with the public
Summer cleanup is the hardest part of the job
Meeting new coworkers is the most enjoyable part of the job
Typical day - cleaning and ensuring that the areas are clean and safe for all students
Painting school walls can be exciting!
Maintenance crew - Painting (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
Sanding doors at the same time helping with dumping garbages as well as a bit of painting! Drove around with supervisor to pick up paint! Good environment to make new friends!
Pros
Good Pay!
Cons
Paint Smell!
classroom
Severe Needs Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
Great place to grow and learn. Staff and students are amazing. The people are friendly and treat you like family. It is a caring environment. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if you will return and watch they children to continue to grow.
The school board treats its employee fairly most ofv the time
Subject Teacher (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 November 2017
you teach 3 subjects with some on-calls
you learned to deal with different students and class room management
the work culture at Churchill was very welcoming
the hardest part of the job was dealing with the admin.
the most enjoyable part was dealing with the students
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
job could be very stressful
Every day there is something new.
Emergency Position Person (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
I like when every day there is something new. It's interesting to meet new people, new students every day. It' s never boring. Different location every day...you drive to this school in the morning and you are already expecting that something new and exciting waiting for you today!
Pros
never boring
Cons
Sitting and waiting every morning for the call
friendly environment
Atypical Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 November 2017
the hardest part of the job is: if you're not there full time, you definitely feel disconnected.
Overall you are there for the children, highly rewarding.
Tdsb
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto8 November 2017
Typical large city school board with a wide variety of schools, administrations and students. A strong union culture is present. The major problem is that many initiatives are started but not always completed.
Pros
Diverse culture
Cons
Difficult to advance
Productive and fun environment
Task Force and Caretaking (Former Employee) –  East York, ON31 October 2017
As a summer student for the TDSB I was able to work within various environments with a diverse community of people, while at the same time remaining with my assigned group of coworkers on a daily basis. While the job was quite demanding on occasion, my coworkers made my job at the TDSB feel like home. During my 5 years at the board, management switched over every year, and each new manager was always welcoming and easy to talk to. If my workplace environment ever got uncomfortable on a rare occasion, I was treated with the utmost respect by management. The hardest part of this job was the demanding physical labour and problem solving skills. This job really required me to be able to move large pieces of furniture across schools, and work at a fast pace. While some days were quite demanding, I always felt respected and appreciated for the jobs I was assigned to do. The most enjoyable part of the job were the friendships I have made and continue to keep. This position really did go to show that the people around you and their positive attitudes really are a key role in a workplace environment and can positively impact the efficiency and happiness of a company's employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2