Toronto District School Board

Toronto District School Board Employee Reviews

Canada310 reviews
Fun and Productive place
it was a great experience over all , surrounding atmosphere was really very good and energetic for me. i have learnt lots of things from my Superiors , he was very calm and enthusiastic.
Productive paced environment
a typical day at work involved dealing with elementary children.Staffs and students are amazing. Safe place to work, if you enjoy working with children. I would definitely recommend anyone to work at tdsb.
TDSB Grounds Crew Summer Student Job
This job is great for university students – great pay, decent hours, and not too strenuous work. I enjoyed the summer I worked here but the people can be extremely ignorant.
Produtive
Very on point and productive. Supervisors and Management work well with one another to delegate daily tasks. Uniforms are provided and steel toe work shoes are required.
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
not a lot of communication between shifts
An excellent employer and a fulfilling career
As a part time worker, I was treated with respect and support unlike any I have received in full time positions. The care extended to the students is also given to staff and it created a warm, welcoming work environment where anything seemed possible.
Good job and experience
1. Follow regular teacher’s lesson plans in a way that ensures
consistency and optimal learning

2. Assign classwork and homework as necessary, according to lesson

plans

3. Maintain a well-managed classroom and positive learning

environment
Supply Teacher
I think people are highly aware of what teachers have to deal with now that parents are home schooling during this current crisis. They now understand haveing 30 kids in a room is challenging prospectsa
Teachers and their assistants should be given medals especially in special needs classrooms.
I worked with compassionate, caring and intelligent educators and caregivers while maintaining a happy, healthy workplace. It was difficult sometimes to leave work at work but other than that, it was a pleasant culture overall.
Pros
Spending time with great kids and young adults with special needs
Cons
Can be stressful as when dealing with special needs, you never know what the day is going to bring.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Toronto District School Board?
Very large Management
It is a comfortable place to serve. The job is very much secured. But the job description is not like real job. The operating job is around 15% and 85% is not related with Operating Engineer's job. The job having lot of responsibilities.
Productive and opportunity to work in a team.
I have the only day shift work and routine task to do most of the day. Job is relaxed with minimum supervision, just being honest during my duty time.
Productive workspace
I enjoyed working at the TDSB as a volunteer custodian as it was a productive and easy going workspace. The people I worked with there were very easy to get along with and were always helpful should I have any questions or require a demonstration with new tasks I was assigned.
Committed to student learning
One of the best public educators in our country and their commitment to students and progressive pedagogy is something we should be proud of. I highly recommend working here.
Productive and encouraging work environments, which foster life-long learning
While being an elementary teacher can be difficult, it is also one of the most rewarding careers. At the TDSB, we are encouraged to engage in relevant, equity-based professional development that will translate directly into our worksites. It is an environment that fosters and encourages life-long learning.
Love it
TDSB is the best place to work.
It can be fast paced and stressful sometimes. Management is supportive.

You may end up working on your own though you are a part of the team, but if you thrive in this culture, it is a huge positive. You will feel recognised, valued and appreciated for your work
If you love working with kids, You'll enjoy workign for the TDSB
I work a 8am_4pm daily, as a supply swometimes there are no jobs and its hard. Ensure you have a backup job if need steady income. My day at work is stressful but rewarding becasue the students i work with. AWe need to get paid better thats for sure. Management is very helpful and depepending on the school supportive. The hardest part of the job is having to dseal with behaviors, the enjoyable part is when a student reaches a milestone or is successful.
Pros
short days
Cons
BEhaviors and students abuse
a place to grow
alot of fast pace environment, mange classrooms and office that need to be cleaned. assign jobs to driver that need to be schedule for deliver. Always make sure the customer comes first when delivering
Good Coporate Culture
Good Corporate Culture but the technology needs to be brought up to more advanced level. The managers are heavily involved and motivate the Employees.
Media Reports are true, the TDSB is a backwards organization
A terrible place to work. Always felt like I was expendable and not of the level to even talk to my managers. Constantly lived in fear while there. It was a noncollaborative place where almost no one was happy.
productive place
learned the school culture in TDSB and the management system. Workplace culture is different at schools. The most enjoyable part of the job is the vocations.
It is very rewarding but sometines they are challenges beyond your control,
My typical day is very busy working with children with autism and learning chalenges. We try to administer the curriculum but it can be challenging since all children learn differently.
Pros
Rewards when you see your students graduate
Dynamic, enthusiastic, warm and responsible RECE
I would arrive at work and greet all he children and staff. I learned that children have a mind of their own and we shoudl honor that. The management is always there to listen and assist if I have a question.The children from all background are treated the same including children with "special needs." The hardest thing about the job is not to be able to go out when it is rainy outside. Every day is a new adventure with this lovely children
Pros
be outside and do phsyical activity with the children
Cons
not having enough material at times
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2