Toronto Community Housing

Toronto Community Housing Employee Reviews for Program Leader

Program Leader16 reviews
Canada16 reviews
Arrive in the morning and prep with our team

Learned different ways to communicate and also different ways to help others learn

Management was amazing
•Arrive at 3:50pm and prep for the day
•learned how to work on a team

•management was amazing

•multicultural

•not enough hours nor space

•someone is always there to listen if you need to talk to them
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Short hours
The job would start in the morning with kids coming in with huge smiles and activities planning throughout the whole day. These activites would be so much as to go to the park, gym, or trips. Overall the experience for working at Toronto Community Housing is enjoyable.
Got and insight of the life of children living in various communities. Opened up my mind to see the struggle of what some of these kids have to go through.
Pros
Learned a lot, made some friends
Cons
Children are unpredictable.
I have learned a lot will working for a large corporation, working with the corporation has broaden my perspective on many things. working there everyday was something new, challenging and exciting.
My experience was pretty good, it was a fun work environment that gave positive vibes all around. Would work there again it's a really good choice for a summer job
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
You learn how to be independent and the workers are there to support you. Sometimes you might feel overwhelmed in the job due to coworkers being unmotivated but the management always there to help
Pros
good benfits
Cons
sometimes unorganzied
Great way to build new skills professionally and great ways to build independence on the job. Always room for creativity and the children are always fun to work with.
Really good environment to work in. you feel like your work matters in the grand scheme of things. The people are high energy and that makes you want to wake up & go to work.
It is a good place to work at. You learn a lot and there are a lot of opportunities to move up. They have a great internship program which was amazing and im glad I was a part of it.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Toronto Community Housing?
A regular day at summer camp was tiring, however at the end of each work day when giving our supervisors our feedback it would always be positive never negative. There wasn't any hard part about the job it just was very energy consuming watching kids for the whole day, but it was still fun. My co workers were always fun to work with, but the highlight of my day was always with the kids.
Pros
amazing supervisors
Cons
not allowed to go out for lunch
Co-workers were very welcoming and I gained lots of team work skills. I am very proficient at communication and writing kills because of Toronto Community Housing
dealing with children is always amazing.
brainstorming different ways to keep everyone involved and entertained daily.

very active job and great attention to detail when dealing with the youth.
Pros
interaction
Cons
n/a
What i learned working at the after school program is that you can not deal with every child the same because they take things differently. My co-workers we great, they were just as enthusiastic and interacting with the children like i was. The hardest part of my job was getting the children to finish their homework properly when they see one of their friends playing in the gym because they had finished before them. The parts i enjoyed most is when we have all the children in the gym running games and they all are enjoying themselves.
Pros
trips
Cons
short hours
everyday was a great place to work within my own community by painting murals to give it a certain look and a different feel
Pros
living in the neighborhood
Cons
living in the neighborhood
Every fun environment depending on the position you are in.
very kind people with the same objectives.

Lots of skills developed which are transferred in to you every day life.

Lots of tasks and assignments that are fun and educational.

many opportunities