Toronto Community Housing

Toronto Community Housing Employee Reviews

Fast paced

Worked there for 5 years. Good working environment with co-workers. Left for a different opportunity with another company. Barring a car accident, and an assault on the job, it was a great experience.

Just 5 minutes from home. Very alive place to work.

Although I am retired, I do miss my job. I always looked forward to the day knowing every day was different from the next as we were a satellite office. All clients came to our office to pay rent, questions of many types, such as rental increases, rent review question, maintenance requests or complaints. Also I dealt with tenant disputes, which I take pride in my ability to resolve most cases. If I felt the need for support I would either involve my co-worker or manager, depending of the seriousness of the dispute. The diversity of clients and their background taught me a great deal of cultures from all over the world. The difficult part of the job was managing your time lines such as completing rent calculations, renting units in a timely manner, and completing payroll data for the Superintendents. We conducted many evening meetings with tenant reps from each building on a monthly basis, which I enjoyed immensely. Knowing your client was a must to me

Pros

Time flexeblity

Cons

Can be very stressful, juggling

Rudderless ship

Horrible top down management that never listens to the front line staff who bear the brunt of the anger of tenants, leading to the staff becoming bitter and even more unhelpful. The whole model needs reworking. Why not more cooperative style housing instead of the bureaucratic nightmare that is the current reality?

Great employment experience

I enjoyed my time with TCH completely My Director was supportive, staff were well versed and the organization was great I would return to work there at the drop of a hat I really appreciate the experience with the multicultural learning experience and supportive upper management

Pros

Atmosphere and great eduction opportunities

Cons

very fun place to work as a teen who was looking for a summer job

very chill workplace however when work needed to be done it was done no questions asked, i was definitely a more mature person when i left youth worx then when i came in

TCHC has a good work-life balance, especially at the level under manager level. The pay and benefits are good as well. Colleagues are very kind and supportive. I recommend.

great first job

great first job it was a good learning experience there was a lot of grunt work but i feel like it was probably worth it. the pay was good, overall not a bad place.

Selfserve - only good for management (managers and their families and friends)

Not a typical place on earth, the least and corrupted work place I have ever seen. inconsistency in pay, run by family and friends. Management rob in many ways with the help of vendors, suppliers etc. Could not be proven, perfectly documented , auditors never analyze anything in details maybe they are also supporting and receiving kick backs. most of the managers in FM do not have any formal education.

good

i give my best job in teaching . i responsble for childrens future life very good . i am tamil teacher in MA BED five years experinece . in teaching

Good place

Good place to get new skills as a camp counselor. teach kids basic base ball skills Friendly environment

Not a great place to start your career but good people

Lots of bureaucracy and red tape to get vendors paid. I only enjoyed the company for the people and the fact that it wasn't located south of Bloor, sometimes we beat the rush by leaving early.

Relaxed work environment if you get along with your coworkers

It is really hit or miss depending on your coworkers and location you are assigned to. If you care about the people you're working with sometimes the short comings from the company and funding for the programs can get discouraging.

Productive and very supportive team

Good working environment and collaborative team work and excellent management. Learnt working in existing occupied buildings food facility for growth

engaging and rewarding place to work

I was employed as a community animator. This was a very unique position that provided me the opportunity to be involved in various community events and initiatives.

growth and benefits

great place for benefits for a family and long term growth. Working with tenants can be difficult but not impossible. once you understand that they are people and should be treated with respect then you will have no issues working here.

Tchc

TCHC is a great place to work. The workers are friendly and hard working. The benefits and courses they offer are beneficial to all staff. I look forward to the company activities offered.

Productive & Fun

Arrive in the morning and prep with our team Learned different ways to communicate and also different ways to help others learn Management was amazing

Productive and also Fun

•Arrive at 3:50pm and prep for the day •learned how to work on a team •management was amazing •multicultural •not enough hours nor space •someone is always there to listen if you need to talk to them

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Short hours

Great place to work for

I love working at TCHC, all my co-workers and my supervisor is very nice, supportive and respectful. Lots of opportunities for advancements. Proud to be a part of TCHC community.

it was a fun job

this was a great work environment! learned a lot from those that worked around me. i would recommend this job to my friends and family. ........................

Productive work site

The job would start in the morning with kids coming in with huge smiles and activities planning throughout the whole day. These activites would be so much as to go to the park, gym, or trips. Overall the experience for working at Toronto Community Housing is enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Community Housing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement