Toronto Catholic District School Board Employee Reviews

Productive place to work at
Student leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2019
Staff is very supportive about student initiatives and always strives to understand how they can further the development of students across the school board.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Student Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2019
Very enjoyable and productive place to work at.The teachers and staff are very supportive of student initiatives and constantly strive for ways to improve the education of students.
not stable
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2018
I Only supply so the work is not steady and there are not enough permanent positions. Overall working with the kids are great. They are fun and lively. I would just like more stability.
Good work environment
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2018
Good work environment for those who enjoy working with others. Great hours with room for improvement & growth within the company. Possible benefit package with work experience.
Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
Pleasant people working with students. Flexible administration, great hours if you have children. Excellent job security and always willing to help you with professional development
Pros
Job security, good pay
Cons
Can be moved schools with short notice
High school job
Media Representative (Former Employee) –  York Mills, ON24 September 2018
.It was great Provided me with the skills and tools to chose what career path i wanted to go down and provided me with financial security during summer vacation
Pros
Great expereince
I appreciate working at the catholic Board
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2018
I work in the all day kindergarten program and enjoy it very much. My day includes assisting and guiding the children in their daily routine. I work together with my team teacher and we program play based activities for the children on a daily basis.
TCDSB is a good employer overall, decent pay, depending on role
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2018
Somewhat slow to change or improve. Hands off management lets you work at your own pace. Good overall, and pay is rewarding for amount of work you put in, at least for most roles.
Good and safe work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
Cleaning and maintaining school buildings.
working with many other cleaning profesionals.
Hardest part of the job was during summer clean up time.
I enjoy working with so many people from all over the world.
Fulfilling
Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2018
Disappointing in there is no room for advancement while in a position of educational assistant. No seniority, no raise and no benefits in 8 years of work as a supply.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
Unemployed for summers off
Productive and enjoyable work place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
My typical day at work consist of cleaning every classroom, staff room, washrooms and offices in tip top shape. I've learned to develop many cleaning techniques to insure every room is spotless and clean. I get along very well with management if i have a problem they are always there to help me out. The work place culture is very exciting meeting teachers and interacting with kids say hi. The hardest part of my job i'd have to say is trying my best to stay on top of making sure all rooms are clean and ready for the next day. The most enjoyable part of my job is cleaning and making teachers smile knowing that they have a clean room to teach in.
Pros
i work at my own pace
Cons
rooms can take a while to clean depending how dirty the rooms are.
good place to work
supply Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  etobicoke area13 February 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is a great team spirit and great benefits .
The management is great and flexible and provides the possibility to work within different departments with opportunities to more exposure and carrier growth. i enjoy that i'm able to advance and learn so many things at the same time.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
stress
Worked as a leader and supervised kids, leadership role
Summer Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2018
-Worked 8:30-4:30 5 days a week
-Worked with a team of 16
-3 sections: sports, leadership, arts; i worked in the leadership section
-Everyday, i learned new things working with different types of people from different cultures and different educational backgrounds
-Hardest part was angry co workers and kids who caused tantrums
-I enjoyed working with others; meeting new people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not paid accordingly
Great Experience
Outreach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2018
You learn a lot and grow as an individual. I would recommend anyone to embark on this journey throughout the summer.You really develop a lot of skills which becomes helpful in the real world.
Temporary work with permanently positive outcome
Food & Nutrition Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2018
The school, teachers and students were all wonderful to work with. They valued our hard work and organization that was put into making the students feel comfortable.
Pros
great food
Cons
Enjoyable field to work in
Occasional Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Catholic District School Board18 January 2018
Each day is a new day with something different and exciting going on. The environment is one where both teacher and students are always learning from one another.
fun workplace
Client support /Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is a great team spirit and great benefits .
Pros
training provided
Cons
lot of repetitions
Productive experience
MSW Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Productive experience, positive work environment, collaborative team and dedicated professionals, opportunity for professional development. rich learning environment.
Rewarding
EDUCATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
working in special needs was rewarding, you knew you did a good job when your student was having a good day and looked forward to their day. You are their confidant.
Your really a caregiver, mother, protector, and educator all in one.
It can be difficult working alongside teachers, some may feel you are in the way. And it can be a great co worker relationship.
Your always learning something new. Always pre planning or preparing for a new task or day. Your communication skills are tested between teacher and student. you learn the true meaning of confidentiality.
wonderful experience.
Pros
school hours and school vacation.
Cons
need permanent status to have sick days, each vacation time your applying for unemployment insurance to get paid.
Job tcdsb caretaker
supply caretaker (Current Employee) –  across Toronto various schools16 October 2017
I learned the cleaning principles in order to keep a healthy environment for the schools. I also learned customer service skills in dealing with management and teachers and principals.