Toronto Catholic District School Board

Toronto Catholic District School Board Employee Reviews

Great once you get permanent

Great working environment, but it can take quite a while(5 years +/-) to get a permanent position. It is worth the wait if you can manage it. Lots of opportunities to learn and upgrade skills. Work life balance is fantastic, pay for support staff isn't great- needs Improvement. Great pay equality and transparency.

Workplace was nice at first

Everything started well but as time went on my co-workers became hostil disrespectful and dishonest. The Superiors (Lawyers, Staff and the hiring staff became mean rude and hostil as well). I am sure the Board is fine but unfortunately the Legal Department were very unkind.

Pros

Worked from home

Cons

Colleagues became monsters

If you do not know someone you are out!

You pay Union dues and put on a seniority list that does not even apply. If you have more seniority than someone else you should be sent out to work first as you are above a person on the list. No they send employees relatives and friends before you. That is not right. I have worked for unions before and that is a no no. So why pay union dues if they do not make sure you are working in order of seniority?

Pros

All Cons

Cons

No Hours

Worst

Horrible and treats employee like machines. job insecurity. social media policing. does not respect teachers' well-being and but pays well but its not worth it.

Pros

Cons

Itself

Productive and fun workplace

I learned how much care custodian's put into making sure school's are clean and what custodians do to make sure the hallways, classrooms, gymnasiums etc.

Nice Workplace

Nice people good environment good pay good managment nice facilities good benefit package good pension pleasant staff ok cafeteria good car allowance

Nice people

The company location is very accessible. They have a good team and management. Working there feels like in the government. You get fairly compensated. A good place to work overall.

Good place to be in if you enjoy working with children

Would not have changed my career experience- enjoyed my years. Allowing opportunities for more personal growth, find that they tend to pick and choose who they want to groom for new positions and managers alter qualifications according to the candidates they want hired.

It’s a stressful and rewarding career

It’s not easy to work in this field, because of all the many different needs of each individual child. Some children are very interested in learning and with the input of the family makes a big difference, but there are a lot more challenges today. I can’t only blame society, parents are very important in the Education of their children, and we have lots of different cultures and their ways of teaching. Some cultures put 160 %

This job deals with kids who are somewhere on the spectrum. It takes alot of patience and determination to work in this field.

I learnt alot since doing this job. You have to develop the mind set along with deep patience, courage, understanding and empathy towards all. It is great working with the kids.

Jobs at Toronto Catholic District School Board

See more jobs

Collaborative environment, sometimes stressful though

Teaching ESL class involves lesson planning, designing handouts, implementing PBLA, evaluation learners' abilities in all skills,and keeping learners' records.

Was what i needed at the time

Loved the school I was at, and was good at what I did. Not only lunchtime supervisor, but also volunteered in the office, classroom and library, and also treasurer for parent council for 7 years.

unorganized - starting from interview and onwards

The HR department is very problematic. Filled with unskilled people who made it up without proper education. The head of HR is rude and absolutely incompetent. The level of unprofessionalism is astounding. There was no training nor orientation. The salary brackets are based on vague and based on arbitrary and subjective opinions that do NOT match the job posting. The work is extremely rewarding but it does not balance out the somewhat archaic management culture.

Good benefits

Great place to work with minimum requirements as a facilities member. Great benefits and room to grow with proper certification. Management not always helpful but willing to accommodate!

A supportive, encouraging environment

A supportive, fun environment. Enjoyed teaching a variety of subjects to the students. Staff teamwork, leadership opportunities and positive parents. As a Grade Two Teacher, I teamed up with the Grade 7 Teacher for “Reading Buddies.” I developed and taught the Recorder Co-Curricular program. Students were excited about their Fable Story displays and their Creative Writing in school yearbook.

decent job

as a caretaker its a decent paying job with a pension that somebody with minimal education or skills can get. overall if you aint italian or willing to throw your co workers under the bus and or blow management than you aint on the winning team

I had my own section to clean

The Catholic school board is a great place to work as a custodian I was alone at the school so it was my responsibility to clean and make sure all doors are locked and the alarm is set. total responsibility

Business Culture

I learned that teaching can be one of the toughest jobs and yet one of the most rewarding jobs. The School culture starts from the top town and if there is no support from upper management, it is difficult to do one's job at the utmost proficiency. The culture of the school also needs to be one of spirit and a spirit that is growth minded. Music is one of the areas that needs support and value.

Long Term, mostly permanent.

Good place to work, but very difficult to get a permanant position. I highly reccommend having a second job if you are applying to this board, as it is difficult to live on a supply teachers salary alone.

Reliable job with contract, quiet workplace, safe workplace

Summer contract at Human resources, was given tasks and proper guidance before being left alone. Not many people work therefore not an interactive place. Wasn't really able to grow skills due to inactive period of school boards

Pros

Convenient, manageable tasks, training provided

Cons

Inactive work period

View of the TCDSB

Good place to work, benefits are great once you're permanent. Job security is always in question by the time the school year ends due to redundancies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Catholic District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement