TORONTO CATHOLIC DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable work place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2018
My typical day at work consist of cleaning every classroom, staff room, washrooms and offices in tip top shape. I've learned to develop many cleaning techniques to insure every room is spotless and clean. I get along very well with management if i have a problem they are always there to help me out. The work place culture is very exciting meeting teachers and interacting with kids say hi. The hardest part of my job i'd have to say is trying my best to stay on top of making sure all rooms are clean and ready for the next day. The most enjoyable part of my job is cleaning and making teachers smile knowing that they have a clean room to teach in.
Pros
i work at my own pace
Cons
rooms can take a while to clean depending how dirty the rooms are.
good place to work
supply Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  etobicoke area13 February 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is a great team spirit and great benefits .
The management is great and flexible and provides the possibility to work within different departments with opportunities to more exposure and carrier growth. i enjoy that i'm able to advance and learn so many things at the same time.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
stress
Worked as a leader and supervised kids, leadership role
Summer Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2018
-Worked 8:30-4:30 5 days a week
-Worked with a team of 16
-3 sections: sports, leadership, arts; i worked in the leadership section
-Everyday, i learned new things working with different types of people from different cultures and different educational backgrounds
-Hardest part was angry co workers and kids who caused tantrums
-I enjoyed working with others; meeting new people
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
not paid accordingly
Great Experience
Outreach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2018
You learn a lot and grow as an individual. I would recommend anyone to embark on this journey throughout the summer.You really develop a lot of skills which becomes helpful in the real world.
Enjoyable field to work in
Occasional Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto Catholic District School Board18 January 2018
Each day is a new day with something different and exciting going on. The environment is one where both teacher and students are always learning from one another.
fun workplace
Client support /Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 December 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is a great team spirit and great benefits .
Pros
training provided
Cons
lot of repetitions
Productive experience
MSW Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Productive experience, positive work environment, collaborative team and dedicated professionals, opportunity for professional development. rich learning environment.
Rewarding
EDUCATION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
working in special needs was rewarding, you knew you did a good job when your student was having a good day and looked forward to their day. You are their confidant.
Your really a caregiver, mother, protector, and educator all in one.
It can be difficult working alongside teachers, some may feel you are in the way. And it can be a great co worker relationship.
Your always learning something new. Always pre planning or preparing for a new task or day. Your communication skills are tested between teacher and student. you learn the true meaning of confidentiality.
wonderful experience.
Pros
school hours and school vacation.
Cons
need permanent status to have sick days, each vacation time your applying for unemployment insurance to get paid.
Fun and supportive group
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
Was a very supportive group of Educational Assistants working with children with multiple exceptionalities. Modifying the class work and integrating the children into the classroom.
Productive and fun working environment
Designated Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2017
The Toronto Catholic School Board is a great workplace. It provides opportunities to work alongside skilled professionals. Overall I enjoyed working there.
Nurturing Workplace
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
Nurturing workplace, full of opportunity, fulfillment, excitement, challenge, good benefits, work/life balance, intrinsic and extrinsic motivation is good.
nice people
Systems Analyst ( Sharepoint ) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
people are nice. They have good benefit and pension plan. safe and convenient working location. High job security but pay less. No much space to grow.
Amazing stepping stone to begin my career
EDUCATION80AL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  80 Sheppard Ave East North York M2N 6E819 June 2017
Diverse, respect and peace in everyday work environment.

I've learnt how to work with many different students with a variety of different ,learning abilities.

Multicultural environment and everyone is respect and recognized.

The best part of the job is knowing you made a difference in a students life and assisted in their journeys.

Hardest part, knowing after everything you try, some kids just don't want the help.

Excellent benefits
Benefits
Cons
2 months off
Good environment
Event Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 June 2017
I began at TCDSB as a teenager and quickly worked my way up. They were also very accommodating when I was accepted to a school out of town and allowed for me to work there on my summers off. It is a great job for students to get into the work force.
Head Secretary
Bishop Morocco - Head Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toronto19 May 2017
I have not worked with this board for over 25 years, I can not answer this review.

I basically worked with the principal who was opening a brand new high school. So my job was purchasing entire school inventory and have it all ready for Sept.

I started working in JAN. and the school was opened on time in Sep.
Good
Full time ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2017
Overall good working environment. Benefits and salary were good. Enjoyed working with the students. Many choices of schools from which to choose. All in all would recommend.
Pros
The children.
Cons
Bureaucracy.
Great school, great students, family
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 December 2016
A learning institution that cares about the students, teachers and staff to which I am proud to be a part of. I am confident that if this school continues to trend in the right direction, we will continue to help students grow academically and spiritually.
fun, engaging and inspirational
Serving as an Occasional Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2016
I very much enjoy working for the TCDSB. Working with a team of individuals that manage, care for, and teach young children is very rewarding for me. I have learned how to communicate and resolve problems, taking in and understanding the perspectives of others, organizing and planning the classroom and daily activities, and the ability to work as a leader and also within a team.
Pros
day time hours
Fun experience
Summer Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2016
A typical day at work would include supervising and children with the activities designed for them. Taking turns on lunch shift and looking after the children. Leading the children to the park and supervising during field trips. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the children.
New adventures everyday
Supply Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2016
Fun, exciting, educational and rewarding. Meeting new and friendly people. Always in a new school working with different people. Learning new things on a daily basis.