Toronto Catholic District School Board

Toronto Catholic District School Board Employee Reviews

Canada81 reviews
Nice people
The company location is very accessible. They have a good team and management. Working there feels like in the government. You get fairly compensated.
A good place to work overall.
Good place to be in if you enjoy working with children
Would not have changed my career experience- enjoyed my years.
Allowing opportunities for more personal growth, find that they tend to pick and choose who they want to groom for new positions and managers alter qualifications according to the candidates they want hired.
It’s a stressful and rewarding career
It’s not easy to work in this field, because of all the many different needs of each individual child. Some children are very interested in learning and with the input of the family makes a big difference, but there are a lot more challenges today. I can’t only blame society, parents are very important in the Education of their children, and we have lots of different cultures and their ways of teaching. Some cultures put 160 %
This job deals with kids who are somewhere on the spectrum. It takes alot of patience and determination to work in this field.
I learnt alot since doing this job. You have to develop the mind set along with deep patience, courage, understanding and empathy towards all. It is great working with the kids.
Collaborative environment, sometimes stressful though
Teaching ESL class involves lesson planning, designing handouts, implementing PBLA, evaluation learners' abilities in all skills,and keeping learners' records.
Was what i needed at the time
Loved the school I was at, and was good at what I did.
Not only lunchtime supervisor, but also volunteered in the office, classroom and library, and also treasurer for parent council for 7 years.
unorganized - starting from interview and onwards
The HR department is very problematic. Filled with unskilled people who made it up without proper education. The head of HR is rude and absolutely incompetent. The level of unprofessionalism is astounding. There was no training nor orientation. The salary brackets are based on vague and based on arbitrary and subjective opinions that do NOT match the job posting.
The work is extremely rewarding but it does not balance out the somewhat archaic management culture.
Good benefits
Great place to work with minimum requirements as a facilities member. Great benefits and room to grow with proper certification.
Management not always helpful but willing to accommodate!
A supportive, encouraging environment
A supportive, fun environment. Enjoyed teaching a variety of subjects to the students. Staff teamwork, leadership opportunities and positive parents. As a Grade Two Teacher, I teamed up with the Grade 7 Teacher for “Reading Buddies.” I developed and taught the Recorder Co-Curricular program. Students were excited about their Fable Story displays and their Creative Writing in school yearbook.
decent job
as a caretaker its a decent paying job with a pension that somebody with minimal education or skills can get. overall if you aint italian or willing to throw your co workers under the bus and or blow management than you aint on the winning team
I had my own section to clean
The Catholic school board is a great place to work as a custodian
I was alone at the school so it was my responsibility to clean and make sure all doors are locked and the alarm is set. total responsibility
Business Culture
I learned that teaching can be one of the toughest jobs and yet one of the most rewarding jobs. The School culture starts from the top town and if there is no support from upper management, it is difficult to do one's job at the utmost proficiency. The culture of the school also needs to be one of spirit and a spirit that is growth minded. Music is one of the areas that needs support and value.
Long Term, mostly permanent.
Good place to work, but very difficult to get a permanant position. I highly reccommend having a second job if you are applying to this board, as it is difficult to live on a supply teachers salary alone.
Reliable job with contract, quiet workplace, safe workplace
Summer contract at Human resources, was given tasks and proper guidance before being left alone. Not many people work therefore not an interactive place. Wasn't really able to grow skills due to inactive period of school boards
Pros
Convenient, manageable tasks, training provided
Cons
Inactive work period
View of the TCDSB
Good place to work, benefits are great once you're permanent. Job security is always in question by the time the school year ends due to redundancies.
dedicated
being a leadership is very challenging position. its help me to improve my self and be strong and not afraid off. helping each other help me gain my ability to learned life.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hrs
Horrible
Autism working with autism. If rather clean manouire up for a living.... Oh wait. Staff and pay are just the worst. Work literally anywhere else. Staff have no empathy
Cons
Dynamic place of learning, supportive staff and principal
A typical day begins with greeting twenty two Grade One students, and ensuring that they are settling into the morning routines and are prepared for learning. The teaching begins shortly thereafter, and the classroom becomes a busy and exciting place of learning. I have been teaching for many years but am still learning on so many levels. The students are curious, inquisitive, genuine and honest, and I consider it a privilege to be a part of their educational journey.

Teaching has been a sheer joy for me. The most enjoyable part of my job is actually being with the students and trying to get them to be "the best they can be". I also enjoy the communication and positive interactions with the parents. I am fortunate that I have very positive parent relationships, and that the parents are supportive of the work I do in the classroom.
Tough at times, but all around good
Like most jobs you have good days and bad days. The students like anywhere are mostly good, a few troublemakers here and there. Good principals and staff.
Pros
Days off and benefits
Cons
Some slow days and wondering how things could be better if not for budget cuts
Productive place to work at
Staff is very supportive about student initiatives and always strives to understand how they can further the development of students across the school board.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Very enjoyable and productive place to work at.The teachers and staff are very supportive of student initiatives and constantly strive for ways to improve the education of students.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Toronto Catholic District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2