Toromont Industries Ltd.

Toromont Industries Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Great people
Toromont had a lot of great people which ultimately added to the work environment and the work itself. There wasn't a time where I felt like I would be looked down upon if I had a question on how to do something or tried to learn how to do something new.
Great place to work if you are a doormat
A company that values the job security of the more seasoned employees over the basic safety of the new employees. The more experienced employees micromanage and sabotage you at every turn especially if you are experienced and competent. They will only see you as a threat. If you are somewhat of a doormat and can't really think ffor yourself the pay and benifits are good
Fun and inviting environment
The IT department is an inclusive environment that I have come to enjoy very much. I look forward to speaking to my coworkers about work and non-work related topics. A healthy amount of pressure is put onto you to push you forward but not cripple you into a depressive state.
Pretty sweet gig.
Came in as a summer student not knowing much about the industry. Upper management made me feel very welcomed and taught me specific procedures regarding my duties extremely well. All the employees there were very welcoming and were always positive every day.
Good managment
Good place to work, not very stressful, but great people to work with, HR is run very good, very organized. Good Place to work , but the drive was far for me.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Far away
Not bad
Good older company stable, older management needs to retire, every CAT dealer is the same, so there is really not a lot of excitement, but overall a good place to work.
Pros
Good Managment
Cons
Far from home
Stable Company
Management and employee changes and turnover is frequent. Internal issues are not addressed in a timely manner, Company is more concerned with satisfying their public image. On a positive note, the company is growing in an upward direction and offers lots of job opportunity in the industry.
Pros
Good Benefits, Share Purchase Program
Cons
Structure, Compensation, Work Life Balance
Greater training and amazing colleagues
With the acquisition of Toromont, many people were laid off. I have 9 months of sales experience in the company, and the directors did not know what to do with me after that, as half of the Human Resources staff was laid off.

All in all, great company to work for, it changes you as a professional, and you learn a lot.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Toromont Industries Ltd.?
Okay job paid well
Okay job paid well very good benefits, Management not very helpful. too much B.S.Manager like to hire friends who not very qualified.
Culture is very toxic, and back stabbing.
Best industry to work for
Always feel at home in this work setting. The customers may have a short temper sometimes but it is all worth it in the end. Nothing bad to say about this company after 5 years.
Event planning such as corporate meetings, conferences, golf tournaments and Christmas parties
This was one of the most exciting and rewarding positions I held. I was responsible for several executives who showed me the utmost respect and acknowledgement. Even though the work hours were extremely long, I always felt self rewarded for my accomplishments.
Pros
Free lunch meetings and social gatherings
Cons
Long work hours but with no complaints
Fast paced, productive environment. Advancement is always supported by Management. Work environment is fun, your success depends on your initiatives. Many years of great experience.
Pros
Great stable company with great benefits
Cons
fast paced environment, work/life balance is up to you.
Great Place to work
ITIL process creation
IT Service Management

Creation of a Project Management Office

Process Mapping

People, process, Technology focused
Excellent Work place
This is the ideal company to work with. Management staff is really nice. People who works there are making company environment very friendly to work with.
great place
assembled gas compression skid packages
repetitive work

changing work place

good people

performed tasks that were not part of my trade

good pay
Pros
close to home
Cons
dirty shop
Hard workers
My co-workers were great. Be careful of the decisions you make - you are encouraged to make decisions, but you won't get support from management.
Pros
Access to a lot of cool toys
Cons
Tough commute
People driven profitable company
A great place to work. Diverse work force in many locations within Canada. Dynamic leadership and a market leader with strong involvement in communities where we do business. A strong ethical culture. Financially strong and fundamentally value driven. Competitive pay with good benefits. Overall, a great place to work and learn.