Torch Industries Ltd.

Torch Industries Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
Worst company to work for.
You dont wanna work with this company because its going to be a waste of time. They will cheat on your hours believe me. Shame on this company and the management.
Pros
Cons
Worst management
Bottom of the barrel
They cheat people for hours.
They lie directly to employees about potential money to be made.

There are absolutely zero positives.

Apply at Royal Camps/Horizon North/Outland instead.
Pros
Cons
The entire experience
Great Company!
I have enjoyed my work with Torch so far; the people are amazing - teamwork! My pay is competitive within the current industry for my role; management listens to my concerns and does their best to accommodate me when I have an issue; the hardest part of the job is being away from my family and friends, however the rewards are great when I feel like I'm making a positive difference in the lives of the clients who are also away from their family and friends for long periods of time!
Terrible company
Avoid this place like the plague. Management is horrendous and the pay is terrible. There is a reason why Torch industries is always hiring. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Do your research first
In my opinion this is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. They expect you to work 10-12hours with mainly getting paid for 7-8; the rotations are 4 weeks on (sometimes 6 weeks because they forget to pick you up); the living conditions are horrendous and travel days are 12 plus hours spent squished in the back of a truck without pay.
Time to close the company
It. Is time the company to close down for staffs abuses, For very bad management
Let close this company for as soon as possible,

B.s Company

V

Absolutely horrible place
Never worked for a more unorganized place in my life
The management are absolutely horrible

They work you to the bone

Wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone

A co workers family member died suddenly and they wouldn’t even answer his calls or text to get him

Out so he walked
Torch industries
This is the absolute worst company to work for.

Dont do it. You will regret it, if you like be used and tossed out as garbage then I welcome you to apply
Worst camp company
If you are looking to make money this is not the place. If you don't mind working staying in camp with your hours being cut down to as little as 4 hours a day or sitting in camp with no hours some days then this is the place for you...They literally cut you whenever numbers are down the least bit...had a manager say to me when I questioned him on us working for free doing work etc on our own time and he said...well what else do you have to do in camp....hahaha of course he said that..he is a part owner...so of course why shouldn't we work for free and make him more money...keep looking people unless you are desperate...
Pros
You are fed
Cons
Hours change daily
Do not work for this company
Torch industries is Joke & horrible company to work for , I was sent to camp that was infected with mice & there was mice droppings everywhere , The Food is Terrible.. U work 10 hours get paid for 8hours & too top things off the Payroll didn't know that one of their camps was open , when it came to pay day I didnt get my cheque & when I finally did get paid they ripped me off like common thieves they are
They are the worst company i have ever worked for
So where do I start they wanted to hire me for a year but something wasn’t right so I finally decided to give it a try I had to pay my own way there and my hotel room came off my check would have been nice to know that I could right bad stuff about these criminals but I don’t have all day please don’t work for them even if you are desperate they will rip you off as many ways they can
I’m so disappointed how there staff can treat an employee with the most disrespect and management allowing that to go on in their company be aware
And they always cut hours bring other staff in so they can cut hours and not pay over time and I got hurt told chef she didn’t offer first aid didn’t even ask if I was ok demoted me and treated me like garbage along with rest of her night staff horrible chef/manger at time no good qualities at all