Tony Roma's Employee Reviews

Great place to learn, Great people, Great environment,
KITCHEN MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2018
I started my Career with Tony Roma's. I worked through every level at Tony Roma's starting as a dish washer and working my way up to kitchen manager. Over my time there I creating 12 years of memories and accomplishments. I learned what I needed to put me on the path to become a cook and one day a certified chef.
Pros
Felt like family
Cons
Very long days
great people and good work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 March 2018
the coworkers were good and the work was good clean store good food i learned lots of good stuff from the amazing staff the management help out lots same with the coworkers overall a very good store
Fun work place, learned a lot.
Waitressing, open and closed (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
Took orders, brought drinks, made sure customers were happy. Customers were very friendly and it was a great staff team. The management could be better. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with such fun people.
Pros
50% off lunch menu
Cons
Staff could have been treated better
Amazing management and great coworkers
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2018
Wonderful place to work at. Hours are great and you always time off that you request. Staff members are always willing to help each other and train new hires.
terrible but fun
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 January 2018
Terrible management but hey you cant always get that... Was feeling under paid with tip out all the time being a server, seniority would pick when they'd want to work over anyone else and they get holidays before anyone. not saying that's wrong but "seniority" shouldn't be working a shift a week when some are working 30-45 hr. Not very busy ever so days went by slow... thank god for hourly.
Pros
free food
Cons
managers
Solid entry level work
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 January 2018
A good job for those looking for a first job with good hours and good work life balance for students. Very few cons but the work shifts are long at about 7-8 hours on a Saturday
Fun Workplace
Host/Server/Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 January 2018
Typical work day come into work open and serve customers that come into the restaurant. I've learned a lot with communicating with people. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with fun, hard working coworkers.
Productive work place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 October 2017
Needed more hours to help pay for bills very fun place to work miss it but not enough hours great people to work with miss it they treated u like family
Fast-paced environment.
Server (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2017
Great people and great food.
Learned the whole menu.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Hardest part of the job is that customers can sometimes be rude.
Great people, hard work
Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2017
Just about everyone there is enjoyable to work with. The kitchen manager is bit hard headed, but she gets things done.
I learned a lot and advanced quickly here
Definitely one of my hardest jobs, but it's also where I excelled the most.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Intense work
Great place
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2017
I had the best time working here. Friendly staff, free meals, flexible with availabilities. Loved working here. One of the only kitchen jobs that lets you have a break.
Pros
Free food
Cons
fast paced, high stress while being a fun environment
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC25 July 2017
This location is no longer open but at the time it was a great place to work, even with having the many responsibilities and long work hours as management. At times it can be a very fast paced and highly stressful environment as can any food service job.
Coworkers areamazing, atmosphere is generally fun
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK9 July 2017
The people who work at Tony Roma's are incredible, the management is lacking. Typically slower paced, you will experience a variety of situations here.
fun place
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 June 2017
got to learn a lot. good people to work for. a very flexible schedule with another job. good management and employees. free parking was offered on a weekly basis.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
Great part-time with flexible hours
Hostess/ Expo/Bartender/ Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2017
The mangers were very helpful with getting more hours or allowing some time off for personal reasons. Room for advancement and growth. Many jobs available throughout the restaraunt. Excellent experience.
Fun people to work with, good atmosphere.
Front of house manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 June 2017
On a typical work day I would be working 10-13 hours a day 5-6 days a week. I've learned how to work though other to get the job done. hardest part of the job was working though other to get the job done, but at the same time, to be honest I liked it.
Pros
pros, free meals and drinks(pop)
Cons
cons, works very long hours, and 5-6 days a week
Wonderful Staff and Flexible Hours
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2017
So far my experience at Tony Roma's has been amazing. The staff is friendly, and I can get pretty much any day that I want off.
Fun and interesting
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2017
A typical work day as a hostess was seating people in section rotation and taking take out orders. There was a bit of light cleaning to be done daily. Management wasn't the greatest, the managers didn't seem to be on the same page all the time and things that mattered to one manager, didn't matter to another. My favorite part of the job was interacting with the guests and with fellow co-workers. The hardest part about the job was learning the computer and putting together take out orders because there was so much to remember.
Tony Romas
Server (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON31 January 2017
Great staff, comfortable environment, let us expand our skills and practice more, they teach about teamwork and what it means to be apart of a team, typical day we clean and tend to our guests.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
No flexibility
different
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 December 2016
was a challenging and different job that I started, was exciting and pewrfect for someone who doesn't have kids, I really learned a lot of customer service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tony Roma's. Our community is ready to answer.