Tommy Hilfiger Employee Reviews

Moving up room
Cashier/woman's lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga31 January 2018
The staff here is great and welcoming, great benefits and discount to the point that my whole wardrobe is now Tommy. I was originally hired at a seasonal employee and have been with the company for a year and have become a lead. The management can sometime be questionable but the people there are great to work with.
Pros
Great staff, fun, enjoyable
Cons
Some managers do not do their jobs
Hours are good, but they play favouritism
Men's Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2018
A very convenient place to work especially if you are a student. However, the management is not entirely helpful and the lead associates and floor supervisors are left with a lot of the work. Pay compensation can be improved upon, and unless management likes you, you will not get hours, unfortunately. Otherwise, positive place to work, great work culture, and perfect for students who want an occupation learning retail.
Pros
Amazing discount, great work culture, staff makes work fun and entertaining
Cons
Unpaid breaks, favouritism, 5hr shifts or less have no breaks
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 January 2018
If you are anything like me and doesnt really want to work around clothes, than this job is not for you. The management is good and very organized. Sometimes it would take them a month just to give us our pay stubs,
Fast paced, enjoyable atmosphere.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 January 2018
I've enjoyed my time working here, because of its fast paced environment. Customers are always moving through the store at a quick pace so you need to be on top of your game on a busy day.
Bad environment
Stock Lead (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 January 2018
Horrible management, favoritism is weighed in heavily when making decisions. Employees were treated with little to no respect as mangers abuse power. Complained to the human resources department and nothing was done.
Fun but stressful though
Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 January 2018
Working in retail is fun until some rude customer argues and complains about all the things thinking they are always right. We’re not getting paid enough to deal with that.
Pros
Big discount on clothes
Cons
Low salary
Productive and fun work places
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 January 2018
Amazing employees and managers. They are so understanding and a great group to work with. They give you a lot of opportunities to develop new skills, very organized and all have great attutude.
Pros
work discounts, amazing atmosphere, great team to work with.
Relaxed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2018
Tommy Hilfiger is a place where you must reach your day goal, but is not pressured by management. The team is very encouraging when you need guidance.
Welcoming and fun relaxed environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working within this company and love every single one of my fellow coworkers. This job has helped me develop excellent skills in both communication and cooperative working. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a great retail opportunity.
Very productive environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 December 2017
A typical day at Tommy Hilfiger is to work efficiently with guests that come through the store and help them with their needs.
I have learned how to up sell products as well closing cash registers and opening.
Management is phenomenal. They work with your schedule to the best of their ability to ensure that you are accommodated for. Management is a big reason to which why after I left, I still felt the need to return, and did.
The hardest part of the job was usually during the holiday season as the hours become much longer (leaving the store after 1am or later).
The best part about this job is the people that you work with. Everyone has at some point or another been in the same position and all have an equal understanding of what needs to get done within the store. Everyone works together to help each other.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Long Hours
Poor management
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 November 2017
Before management would internally promote employees based on their performance. Now, there is a lot of favouritism amongst managers and employees, which is strictly unprofessional because they simply only promote their friends in a heart-beat.

Moreover, management doesn't lead by example and constantly demand orders. Rarely, has anybody been rewarded or praised for their performance. A lot of the time, management would barely do any work and constantly yell at employees over the walkie talkie....most of the time they hid in their office unless they are SGMing.

I've been working here for almost 5 years. The environment isn't so great to work in anymore.
Pros
busy
Tommy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON14 November 2017
Good place to work. Managers were amazing and understanding. Team was amazing and the training they give is the best and you feel confident to work there.
Continuously adapting to the industry, but the job can be very repetitive.
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON2 November 2017
Lot's repetitive tasks, no one day will be the same but if you do not enjoy that type of work it will get tedious very quickly. The company is quick to adjust to any mistakes it makes in previous years constantly adapting to current trends in the retail and fashion industry. Upper management is good, but moving up in the company is difficult. Good customers make the job fun and enjoyable, but bad customers will easily trump that feeling.
Pros
Great sale discount.
Cons
Work weekends, holiday season very busy.
Good working environment. Great management and staff.
Customer Service Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 November 2017
Tommy Hilfiger is a great corporation to work for. The management is very understandable and professional. I have learned many skills at this job, like how to handle customers, how to speak to them, how to be organized, how to be efficient and a lot more. The staff at Tommy Hilfiger is great.
Always keeping busy
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 October 2017
I have transferred between two Tommy's and they both keep you very busy. There is never not a job to do whether it is out on the floor or in the back. You are constantly keeping up, especially with tidying! Customers are the number one priority regardless, which is the best part because being able to help them is always amazing. You can also pick up some things among different languages the more you work, as this place is always full of diverse people walking through the door!
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2017
They are flexible with the schedule although the hours aren't that great. Some of the employees that have been working there for longer were rude but overall its not that bad.
Co workers make working there a lot better
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 October 2017
Honestly, the best part about working here would be the co workers and the amazing friendship you develop with them. Obviously the generous discount is a plus but that novelty wears off since its not like you buy clothing every week from there. That's about all the good i have to say about this store. The management gives special treatment and promotes those whom they have a close relationship with even though they may not be the best employees rather than those who truly deserve it. They expect you to go above and beyond your job description and do work meant for those with higher job titles. I believe that if you are being given extra work you should be paid as such. There is so much disorder with the way this place is run, particularly with the departments and the stock room as it is constantly a mess but is rarely dealt with.
not fun
Lead associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 October 2017
not good salary, worst condition and no respect for employees, sometimes you work 5 hours and dont have any break, you dont get an augmentation for your salary
Poor work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 October 2017
I did not feel respected by the other employees and I didn't get to have the same amount of break as the other employees it was very messy in the back and not very accommodating. I was told that I was hired part-time as a high school student for the year but they ended up using me to their advantage over the holiday and then fired me after New Year's. They didn't accommodate my needs what so ever.
Pros
free dinner once
Cons
Long hours, bad management, dirty, short breaks
Terrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 October 2017
Terrible place to work. The best part of the job was the employee discount. Employees aren't valued and there are way too many expectations set out. There as a full time sales person and much time was spent visual merchandising so time was spent away from trying to get sales. Management would be upset if my sales numbers were down. Couldn't win either way.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tommy Hilfiger. Our community is ready to answer.