Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews

Great Staff Terrible Managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 March 2019
I worked at Tommy Bahama for over a year. I was constantly coming in hours before openings, i was staying late and i was doing person runs outside of the store for the managers just to help take a load off of the staff. The manager was rude, and would constantly talk down to employees and behind their backs. Tommy Bahama management only cares about themselves and any sales associates are simply replaceable.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Everything Else.
the most boring job i have ever had
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Park Royal, BC12 February 2019
the customers have very very big expectations and the staff is rude sometimes. I worked in the park royal store and the manager (patty) is such a bad human being. also, they only do minimum wage but they have some benefits. I quitted because there are many retail stores in park royal and west van and so there is no need to go through all that pain and agony.
Amazing!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 November 2017
The best place I have ever worked. Staff and management were all friendly and available to help at any time. Benefits and free pieces made uniforms easy, fun and affordable. Management at the Oakville location was kind, fun and able to create a safe working environment. Goals were realistic and incentives were amazing
Pros
Amazing staff and management
Cons
Lack of hours
i am looking for full time job
Sale Associate (PT) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 August 2017
Tommy Bahama is not bad but they going to close this September i was so happy working with Tommy Bahama with a good team
i always looking for my field which is office job
and i still looking until i found it .
Terrible
Floor supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
Everything about this company is horrible. You have to wear only Tommy Bahama clothing and I was told that it didn't matter if they didn't have something in my size I was expected to stretch these cotton dresses over my fat and work eight hours feeling like a stuffed sausage. The pay was awful considering what you are expected to do and my managers were very very rude!
Pros
free clothers (very strict rules)
Fun environment
Client Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON30 May 2017
Tommy Bahama stands for great things. I love the workplace and its a fun environment to work in, with right management that is. The location at Sherway gardens is a nice location to work, besides management, people come and go a lot for that particular reason so if you don't mind a new team member leaving and coming every 2 months its the job for you. Its a place that you should ask many question in terms of training because its non existent. A lot of gossip is entertained in that location. Besides the store manager, the customers are amazing if you build a rapport. The clothes are of high quality in my opinion and the hours are flexible to your schedule and lifestyle.
Pros
Conversation, Building Rapport with Guest, Free Clothes, New Wardrobe
Cons
Management, Slow, Training
Not nearly what I expected
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canada8 June 2016
Although the job was moderately fun and easygoing, there was no security or proper management. The managers and supervisors were unprepared for each day and were often late.
Pros
Free clothes every few months
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun and enjoyable job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 August 2015
From the beginning of the shift there is not even a moment that you will be bored or with any task assigned. Very fast paced environment.
Little room for growth and co-workers are too nosey
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto22 April 2015
I have worked here for a few months now and at first I did like the job but it was more the people whom I worked with that made the experience uncomfortable for reasons that I do not know and could have been avoidable I am sure. The responsibilities are not evenly given in terms of tasks. The middle management or assistant managers are very caddy and are more rude to some then others because they are on a power trip. When you tell management about the problems you are having with co-workers they say they will handle it internally but they don't they call HR and try to get you to get witnesses for your said problem discussed which is unfair to bring other co-workers into a situation that is between yourself and another co-worker. They do not know how to handle many situations within the retail store. Differences are not overseen between co-workers and people cannot get along well during work. It is not a team work environment rather a poison environment for anybody who is relatively new or that they do not like and choose not to like. Overall I would not recommend working here
Pros
Nice Manager, Bonuses each month, Free Clothes
Cons
Management cannot handle situations, co-workers, breaks are not given when it is mandatory, tasks not evenly distributed