Tommy Bahama

Tommy Bahama Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
I enjoyed some aspects working for Tommy Bahama, I loved my coworkers and the free uniform and discount were nice perks. However, I would rarely get more than 5 hours a week, schedules were only made a week in advance and you had to call every week to get the schedule. Not a good system. The store would rarely be busy, it would get ridiculously boring. Also, none of the newer employees would get trained and the stores layout would change every week so every shift you had to learn where everything was.
Pros
Free clothes, good starting wage
Cons
minimal hours
I didn't have much expectations prior to the interview 2 years ago, which turned out to be the exact right things to do! Tommy Bahama is a place where I "boast" to all of my friends and relatives because of the management team and working environment! The managers are very friendly and supportive, all the while still being really professional. All my fellow co-workers are helpful and easy-going - which makes us a great team! There were some slow days, of course, but overall, this is my best working environment so far and I'm so blessed having a chance to work here!
Pros
Working in a mall, not having to lift heavy stuff.
Cons
Some days are just slow at the mall and you probably don't have many things to do.
Beautiful new concept store in Chinook, has great events and promotions, motto "make life one long weekend", perfect place to shop for a beach wedding or vacation
I worked at Tommy Bahama for over a year. I was constantly coming in hours before openings, i was staying late and i was doing person runs outside of the store for the managers just to help take a load off of the staff. The manager was rude, and would constantly talk down to employees and behind their backs. Tommy Bahama management only cares about themselves and any sales associates are simply replaceable.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Everything Else.
the customers have very very big expectations and the staff is rude sometimes. I worked in the park royal store and the manager (patty) is such a bad human being. also, they only do minimum wage but they have some benefits. I quitted because there are many retail stores in park royal and west van and so there is no need to go through all that pain and agony.
The best place I have ever worked. Staff and management were all friendly and available to help at any time. Benefits and free pieces made uniforms easy, fun and affordable. Management at the Oakville location was kind, fun and able to create a safe working environment. Goals were realistic and incentives were amazing
Pros
Amazing staff and management
Cons
Lack of hours
Tommy Bahama is not bad but they going to close this September i was so happy working with Tommy Bahama with a good team
i always looking for my field which is office job

and i still looking until i found it .
Everything about this company is horrible. You have to wear only Tommy Bahama clothing and I was told that it didn't matter if they didn't have something in my size I was expected to stretch these cotton dresses over my fat and work eight hours feeling like a stuffed sausage. The pay was awful considering what you are expected to do and my managers were very very rude!
Pros
free clothers (very strict rules)
Cons
Tommy Bahama stands for great things. I love the workplace and its a fun environment to work in, with right management that is. The location at Sherway gardens is a nice location to work, besides management, people come and go a lot for that particular reason so if you don't mind a new team member leaving and coming every 2 months its the job for you. Its a place that you should ask many question in terms of training because its non existent. A lot of gossip is entertained in that location. Besides the store manager, the customers are amazing if you build a rapport. The clothes are of high quality in my opinion and the hours are flexible to your schedule and lifestyle.
Pros
Conversation, Building Rapport with Guest, Free Clothes, New Wardrobe
Cons
Management, Slow, Training
Although the job was moderately fun and easygoing, there was no security or proper management. The managers and supervisors were unprepared for each day and were often late.
Pros
Free clothes every few months
Cons
Not enough hours
From the beginning of the shift there is not even a moment that you will be bored or with any task assigned. Very fast paced environment.
I have worked here for a few months now and at first I did like the job but it was more the people whom I worked with that made the experience uncomfortable for reasons that I do not know and could have been avoidable I am sure. The responsibilities are not evenly given in terms of tasks. The middle management or assistant managers are very caddy and are more rude to some then others because they are on a power trip. When you tell management about the problems you are having with co-workers they say they will handle it internally but they don't they call HR and try to get you to get witnesses for your said problem discussed which is unfair to bring other co-workers into a situation that is between yourself and another co-worker. They do not know how to handle many situations within the retail store. Differences are not overseen between co-workers and people cannot get along well during work. It is not a team work environment rather a poison environment for anybody who is relatively new or that they do not like and choose not to like. Overall I would not recommend working here
Pros
Nice Manager, Bonuses each month, Free Clothes
Cons
Management cannot handle situations, co-workers, breaks are not given when it is mandatory, tasks not evenly distributed