Tom Harris Cellular

Insights into Tom Harris Cellular

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great company to work for!

Management is very supportive and flexible. They go above and beyond to help us be successful. Team-work atmosphere, everyone helps each other. It is a great place to work.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Amazing team mentality and exceptional culture.

I worked for the business team and was shocked at how much everyone goes out of their way to help each other be successful. The onboarding and training was exceptional and the ongoing collaboration is great. Lots of touchpoints and check-ins to make sure I had everything I needed. Pay was pretty good to start and kept getting better the longer I was there. If I didn't have to move for personal reasons, I would've stayed a long time. It was tough leaving the money I was making in the end.

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours

Cons

Takes time to build a customer base

Poor Management

Tom Harris is first and foremost a retail focused company. Working in their outbound sales department is an exercise in poor training, poor management, high pressure, and a pay structure which is not transparent. You will sell phones, but not get paid for selling phones. You will sell 20K per month, but get paid for only 7K. You will be expected to make thousands of totally cold calls, and be expected to sell 25K-30K per month within 6 months, with NO residuals at all. You will be your own admin, warehousing, product pipeline, order filling, order taking, service dept., and of course sales dept. If you lose track of a phone, which is easy to do with their system, you buy it. If you're absolutely in love with wireless, you'll put up with this, but even still, it's a lousy job. My favorite line at Tom Harris: "There's no money in cell phones." This is their excuse for not paying reps for cell phone sales. I asked them how Apple and Samsung got to be among the most profitable companies in the world selling cell phones if there's no money in cell phone sales. edit: "There's no money FOR YOU, in cell phone sales."

Pros

employees generally nice

Cons

pay structure, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tom Harris Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Tom Harris Cellular