Tom Harris Cellular

Tom Harris Cellular Employee Reviews

Positive work environment

Tom Harris provides a positive work environment with room to grow if you show initiative. They offer a great team feel and extensive and ongoing training to be able to confidently perform the duties required

Pros

Great work life balance

Cons

Pay structure could be more competitive

Not worth it

They treat their employees terribly and don’t pay anywhere near enough for what they go through. The “bonus structure” is impossible to reach and the hoops you have to jump through to keep people happy are awful.

Great company that stands by their guiding principles

Tom Harris Cellular is probably the best company I've ever worked for. They really care to develop their people and the company has a very positive culture. The management is great and the company offers some very exciting incentives. I've met some wonderful people and I'm grateful to be employed by Tom Harris. Highly recommend Tom Harris as an employer!

Pros

Room for growth, great incentives, positive people

Cons

I seriously can't think of any... Maybe not having sick paid days?

Supportive Workplace

I have never worked in a sales based company before as I was intimidated by the competitive nature. Tom Harris Cellular is the complete opposite. Everyone is so incredibly friendly and supportive. They take every step to help you succeed and learn properly. This company lets you grow at your own pace. I would suggest this job to anyone with exceptional customer service.

Pros

Employee Support, Benefits

Cons

Customers Attitude

Excellent Employers with Many Benefits!

Since starting with Tom Harris Cellular in October of 2020, I have always looked to advance my knowledge and they are as invested in me as I am them. They have Tons of opportunities for growth and they are constantly looking to help you grow not only as an employee but as a person. The culture is like one big family, Sounds cliche I know, when you arrive you are welcomed by everyone and get to know your coworkers who are near and far, creating memories and friendships that last decades. Being able to come to a friendly, competitive job every day, really brings the best out of people. I would highly recommend Tom Harris to anyone who is looking to further their abilities whether as sales people, customer service, management and so much more!

Pros

Great Benefits, Amazing Incentives, Recognition

Great company to work for!

Management is very supportive and flexible. They go above and beyond to help us be successful. Team-work atmosphere, everyone helps each other. It is a great place to work.

Pros

Flexible work hours

A company that treats you like family

I have worked for a few companies, and I usually judge a company by how they treat their employees. Every manager and co-worker has been an absolute blast to work with. They go above and beyond to help you and treat you like you are family. Obviously, sales is a fast-paced environment and can be challenging at times, but any good salesperson would tell you that it isn't rewarding if there isn't a challenge.

Pros

Family Environment, management, co-workers

Fast Paced All About Sales

Team work is great, benefits are great. Sales targets are changing constantly making it tough to bonus regularly. Hourly wage is minimum wage. Work-life balance is minimal. Micromanagement daily.

Pros

Benefits and discounts

Cons

A shift is never over on time, often have to stay late due to other coworkers ineptitude

Terrible Company to work for!

Was a Manager of two locations and they provide zero support to their management and staff. The Regional Managers are terrible to work for and with and I recommend staying far far away from this employer.

Pros

If good in sales the money is ok

Cons

Long hours and no support - both stores robbed!

Amazing team mentality and exceptional culture.

I worked for the business team and was shocked at how much everyone goes out of their way to help each other be successful. The onboarding and training was exceptional and the ongoing collaboration is great. Lots of touchpoints and check-ins to make sure I had everything I needed. Pay was pretty good to start and kept getting better the longer I was there. If I didn't have to move for personal reasons, I would've stayed a long time. It was tough leaving the money I was making in the end.

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours

Cons

Takes time to build a customer base

Excellent company due to the people and culture

I'm thankful to work for a company that believes in the development of their people. During my time I started as a sales rep and promoted up to retail store manager and now my current position as an EA. The challenges and obstacles I encountered during my time helped me grow and develop my skills which made me the perfect candidate when the position became available.

Pros

benefits, people, culture

Best Decision I've made

I've been in this industry for a long time and have the benefit of experiencing the more difficult companies to work for. This is not one of them. Tom Harris has been the best experience I've had in this industry. They are a company that goes above and beyond for their employees and keeps their commitments. They put their employees ahead of everything else. If you're looking for a career in the industry, a place to excel and attain more then what you thought possible, this is the place for you.

Excited to be back to work at a great location

After a protracted amount of time off due to Covid, I am excited to be part of the Tom Harris team. Office environment is a great place to work. Experienced and supportive colleagues make for a great environment. I can see myself here for quite some time

Pros

Great work environment

Cons

Tbd

A Workplace Where You Are Treated Like Family

I've worked for many companies over my lifetime. Tom Harris is by far the best employer I've ever represented. This company both allows for and encourages employee growth, and wants to see employees make a career at Tom Harris.

Pros

Excellent Leadership

Cons

Don’t care about their employees

Management wasn’t a thing, there was no coaching, just constantly being put down. The bonus structure was horrible. First job in sales I have had where you don’t get commission on what you sell. Very high turnover rate. The store would be much more successful with a different manager on board. The higher ups were all great though.

Pros

I got let go

Cons

Accepting the job offer

Performance Based

If you want a career, this is a great place to start. Awesome training and opportunities. The only thing stopping your success would be you! If you’re interested in sales and the telecom industry, contact your local Tom Harris Cellular.

productive and fast paced

It was a great job, they teach you a lot and give you plenty of chances to advance your education and career. The only reason i chose to leave was because i had an opportunity to go into university full time in order to advance myself and get a chance to work in HR.

Fast Paced and Extremely Sales Oriented.

Sales is the number one priority in this company, if you do not reach targets you will not bonus. The bonus is what makes working at this company worth it. There are opportunities for growth in management if you are driven and successful in sales. Lots of overtime and are never closed for holidays.

Incompetent and unjust!

I had the misfortune of working for a location in Calgary. The management team was deceitful, incompetent and unfair. They once docked 100s of $ off the pay of a single mother because she was understandably late for a single shift. Heartless and callous management that only cares about the bottom line.

Great workplace - good environment

Really great environment with good help easily accessible and good teamwork attitude. Good workplace culture. Senior management is easily accessible and easily approachable.

Great Company that rewards you for your performance.

I have been with this company for nearly 8 years and have worked in several locations. I have had the pleasure of learning from some of the brightest and most competent people in the industry. Tom Harris Cellular pays on performance. You work hard and you get rewarded for your efforts. I won my first trip in less than 6 months of working here. Since then I have won several more trips and LOTS of other prizes. They have a very good management training program which you should try to get into even if your long term goals are focused elsewhere. They really stress the "growth of their people." So if you want to move up they will certainly help you. You're not just a number in this company. I personally know every executive manager on a first name basis. They do expect a lot out of their employees but I expect a lot out of myself. Therefore I have no problem with that. It's a fun work culture. With a young and positive spirit. I have worked for quite a few multi-national companies and even made a lot more money with other companies but never had a better work environment. Management is open minded and easy to get a hold of. The company is always willing to listen to your suggestions. If they make sense for the business, they will implement them.

Pros

Caring Management Team and Owners, Great Perks and great benefits

Cons

Sometimes having to work with staff who don't appreciate where they work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tom Harris Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9Job security/advancement