Tom Harris Cellular Employee Reviews

Worked here for over half a year and still love it
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Parksville, BC1 November 2018
I've always had good managers but with Tom Harris ive seen the managers go above and beyond, they care about the employees more than you can imagine. The money is good, the health benefits are unreal, the hours are reasonable but the coworkers you'll get are easy to get along with and funny, cant say ill ever regret working here
Pros
Great cowkrokers
Cons
Fun and great enviroment place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Parksville, BC31 October 2018
A typical day is making peoples days better. I have learned a lot about phones (cool tricks). Managment is great theyre motivating and fun to work with.,
Pros
Taking turns buying coffees for staff
Cons
I have never been as happy with a job as I was with working at Tom Harris Cellular
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sechelt, BC24 October 2018
Amazing co-workers, amazing managers, I work with great people. It is like a family. The customers sometimes get out of hand, but our superstar manager is always looking out for us, making sure all is well and that the customers needs are satisfied. I am going to miss the people I work with. There is also much room to move up! They are always looking to help us work our way up in the business and to meet our goals. Truly a great company.
Our vision:
To be so remarkable that our customers recommend us to others.

And this vision is striven for 100% of the time.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, amazing phone plan.
Cons
Customer Service
Great place to work with lots if room for growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC7 September 2018
Efficiently explained and reviewed customer contracts
Answered customer questions and addressed service issues and complaints
Easily handled technical tasks such as transferring data and minor repairs
Completed customer payments with full account review
Collaborated in a team enviroment to to ensure work is evenly distributed, customers are efficiently served and revenue opportunities are maximized
Completed daily operating tasks such as cash-outs, customer calls and merchandising
High management turnover, but great coworkers
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coastal BC Region30 July 2018
There is high management turnover in this city as well as high turnover for employees, which was commented on by many long-time clients of this business. Pay is good but the structure keeps changing and targets are becoming more stressful to reach.
Hours are long and only one half hour break is provided for a meal in an 8.5 hour day.

The hardest part of the job is that with few employees in the store, we are expected to not only hit top targets each month but also do a lot of administrative tasks that one would think the manager should be doing. The added stress of all this together makes for quick burnout.
If one isn't skilled in separating work/life then it's very easy for this job to take over your free time as well due to the personal nature of your connection with clients.

If you're able to handle all that, though, you can easily become a Senior Sales representative with a good record of hitting your top targets, and there is a lot of support from the management team to advance if you take the initiative to reach out.

There's also a support team in the form of a chat group with other stores so that if you or your coworkers are having trouble with something, you can reach out and crowdsource which was a really nice aspect of the job. The community and culture of the company was a pleasant part of the work experience.
Pros
Employee cell phone plan, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Long hours, stressful, high-pressure
Tom Harris Cellular
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver22 May 2018
Great place to work with good support and great benefits.
Great place for someone who is competitive and very sales driven
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 May 2018
alright place of work. Employees are fun to work with, but management was barely a thing and bonus/sale structure was a nightmare. Turn over rate is blinding. There is barely enough staff and booking time off was extremely difficult.
Cons
Bonus/commission structure was unrealistic. Terrible communication with higher management.
Bad pay and incompetent management team
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC31 December 2017
They tell you your commissions will be good but they’re horrible, minimum wage for a job that eats away at your wellbeing, very incompetent management & awful work environment
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad pay
Good Company
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 October 2017
A good company with good people. Tom Harris Strives to hire from within and has some great training programs.

Lots of good incentives, including trips, gifts and bonuses.
Pros
Free Devices
Good
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 June 2017
FUN PLACE TO WORK LOTS OF BONUS AND GREAT SET UP ON TV. Everyone was awesome to work with and I enjoyed my time there I wish nothing but the best. BYE
Strong team
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC25 May 2017
The company has a strong feeling of family, they work hard to deliver that to the team and continue to drive strong results through amazing customer service.
Pros
Work life
Amazing people
Senior sales/Key Holder/Store manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 May 2017
I LOVED working for THC. Very well organized, true to what they say and promiss you. The 170th was where I worked for 1.5 years. Would go back ANYTIME! Super friendly and understanding staff, management was awsome.
Pros
Everyone was amazing
Cons
Open sundays
Fun stuff is the food industry
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2016
It's great experience in the beginning of my career in Canada. It's start-up and survival job, and great to be around in the food industry. Had great time and amazing team work.
Pros
Free Food
Great Place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 July 2016
Fantastic company to work for when you're young. It's fast paced and exciting, bringing new challenges every day. They take care of their employees and train well.
Pros
Great culture and people
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2016
Everyday is a learning curve.Sometimes the days are busy dealing with lots of clients whereas some days are not so busy and the best way to utilize that free time is to learn new technologies and complete some training part which is an interesting part of the job.The co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Best Job in terms of culture and management support
Sr Sales Wireless Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2016
I love my current job in terms of representing TELUS. I love every single day at job. The culture at Tom Harris is phenomenal and friendly. Expect same level of support and management in my next part-time job.
Pros
Great perks like demoline, RRSP contribution, Incentives, culture
Cons
Great place to work for people into cellular phones and gadgets
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC25 June 2015
Sales in a cellular industry that doesn't seem to slow down. Always get to play with new phones before their release. Can make monthly commission bonuses and sales contests are great!
Pros
Sales contests
Cons
Dress code
Money
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2015
At the beginning Tom Harris is great for new programs and new incentives. It was all about doing good for the customer while still looking for ways to be profitable. But as time rolled on it seemed that the profit was all the company really started to focus. It was more concerned on how the matrix looked rather then viewing your performance with the customer to see them satisfied....

My vote? Don't work for them, work for the people who came first... Telus.
Vague standards, Vague Management goals
Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  claresholm, high river13 January 2014
I was found this job extremely rewarding working with the customers, sadly the vague goals and management consistencies.
Pros
money potential
Cons
management inappropriateness
Work Hard, Get Rewarded
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC29 August 2013
Very focused on results (mostly sales related but customer service targets are integrated into targets as well). Positive, young, upbeat team. The organizational culture reflects hard workers being rewarded well (trips, prizes including free cars for top sales reps) and over all a great rewards system. Top performers have the option for advancement into management or business sales.
Pros
Pays well, lots of prizes, up beat
Cons
Results are expected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tom Harris Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.