Tom Harris Cellular

Tom Harris Cellular Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
Sales is the number one priority in this company, if you do not reach targets you will not bonus. The bonus is what makes working at this company worth it. There are opportunities for growth in management if you are driven and successful in sales. Lots of overtime and are never closed for holidays.
If you want a career, this is a great place to start. Awesome training and opportunities. The only thing stopping your success would be you!

If you’re interested in sales and the telecom industry, contact your local Tom Harris Cellular.
It was a great job, they teach you a lot and give you plenty of chances to advance your education and career. The only reason i chose to leave was because i had an opportunity to go into university full time in order to advance myself and get a chance to work in HR.
I had the misfortune of working for a location in Calgary. The management team was deceitful, incompetent and unfair. They once docked 100s of $ off the pay of a single mother because she was understandably late for a single shift. Heartless and callous management that only cares about the bottom line.
Really great environment with good help easily accessible and good teamwork attitude. Good workplace culture.
Senior management is easily accessible and easily approachable.
I have been with this company for nearly 8 years and have worked in several locations. I have had the pleasure of learning from some of the brightest and most competent people in the industry.
Tom Harris Cellular pays on performance. You work hard and you get rewarded for your efforts. I won my first trip in less than 6 months of working here. Since then I have won several more trips and LOTS of other prizes.

They have a very good management training program which you should try to get into even if your long term goals are focused elsewhere.

They really stress the "growth of their people." So if you want to move up they will certainly help you. You're not just a number in this company. I personally know every executive manager on a first name basis.

They do expect a lot out of their employees but I expect a lot out of myself. Therefore I have no problem with that. It's a fun work culture. With a young and positive spirit.

I have worked for quite a few multi-national companies and even made a lot more money with other companies but never had a better work environment.

Management is open minded and easy to get a hold of. The company is always willing to listen to your suggestions. If they make sense for the business, they will implement them.
Pros
Caring Management Team and Owners, Great Perks and great benefits
Cons
Sometimes having to work with staff who don't appreciate where they work.
I've always had good managers but with Tom Harris ive seen the managers go above and beyond, they care about the employees more than you can imagine. The money is good, the health benefits are unreal, the hours are reasonable but the coworkers you'll get are easy to get along with and funny, cant say ill ever regret working here
Pros
Great cowkrokers
Cons
A typical day is making peoples days better. I have learned a lot about phones (cool tricks). Managment is great theyre motivating and fun to work with.,
Pros
Taking turns buying coffees for staff
Cons
Amazing co-workers, amazing managers, I work with great people. It is like a family. The customers sometimes get out of hand, but our superstar manager is always looking out for us, making sure all is well and that the customers needs are satisfied. I am going to miss the people I work with. There is also much room to move up! They are always looking to help us work our way up in the business and to meet our goals. Truly a great company.
Our vision:

To be so remarkable that our customers recommend us to others.

And this vision is striven for 100% of the time.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, amazing phone plan.
Cons
Customer Service
Efficiently explained and reviewed customer contracts
Answered customer questions and addressed service issues and complaints

Easily handled technical tasks such as transferring data and minor repairs

Completed customer payments with full account review

Collaborated in a team enviroment to to ensure work is evenly distributed, customers are efficiently served and revenue opportunities are maximized

Completed daily operating tasks such as cash-outs, customer calls and merchandising
There is high management turnover in this city as well as high turnover for employees, which was commented on by many long-time clients of this business. Pay is good but the structure keeps changing and targets are becoming more stressful to reach.
Hours are long and only one half hour break is provided for a meal in an 8.5 hour day.

The hardest part of the job is that with few employees in the store, we are expected to not only hit top targets each month but also do a lot of administrative tasks that one would think the manager should be doing. The added stress of all this together makes for quick burnout.

If one isn't skilled in separating work/life then it's very easy for this job to take over your free time as well due to the personal nature of your connection with clients.

If you're able to handle all that, though, you can easily become a Senior Sales representative with a good record of hitting your top targets, and there is a lot of support from the management team to advance if you take the initiative to reach out.

There's also a support team in the form of a chat group with other stores so that if you or your coworkers are having trouble with something, you can reach out and crowdsource which was a really nice aspect of the job. The community and culture of the company was a pleasant part of the work experience.
Pros
Employee cell phone plan, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Long hours, stressful, high-pressure
Great place to work with good support and great benefits.
alright place of work. Employees are fun to work with, but management was barely a thing and bonus/sale structure was a nightmare. Turn over rate is blinding. There is barely enough staff and booking time off was extremely difficult.
Cons
Bonus/commission structure was unrealistic. Terrible communication with higher management.
They tell you your commissions will be good but they’re horrible, minimum wage for a job that eats away at your wellbeing, very incompetent management & awful work environment
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Bad pay
A good company with good people. Tom Harris Strives to hire from within and has some great training programs.

Lots of good incentives, including trips, gifts and bonuses.
Pros
Free Devices
FUN PLACE TO WORK LOTS OF BONUS AND GREAT SET UP ON TV. Everyone was awesome to work with and I enjoyed my time there I wish nothing but the best. BYE
The company has a strong feeling of family, they work hard to deliver that to the team and continue to drive strong results through amazing customer service.
Pros
Work life
Cons
I LOVED working for THC. Very well organized, true to what they say and promiss you. The 170th was where I worked for 1.5 years. Would go back ANYTIME! Super friendly and understanding staff, management was awsome.
Pros
Everyone was amazing
Cons
Open sundays
It's great experience in the beginning of my career in Canada. It's start-up and survival job, and great to be around in the food industry. Had great time and amazing team work.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Fantastic company to work for when you're young. It's fast paced and exciting, bringing new challenges every day. They take care of their employees and train well.
Pros
Great culture and people
Everyday is a learning curve.Sometimes the days are busy dealing with lots of clients whereas some days are not so busy and the best way to utilize that free time is to learn new technologies and complete some training part which is an interesting part of the job.The co-workers are very friendly and helpful.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tom Harris Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.