Tom's Family Restaurant Employee Reviews

2.4Job Security & Advancement
Not a fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NY2 January 2019
I really liked my workers but my boss who also owed the place was very rude and constantly yelling at us he was not a pleasant person there prices were really high and they didnt substitute anything what so ever you never got to see your credit card tips and they got mad when you tried to see them you don’t get them until they were in your check
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Bad management
Fast paced, Customer service experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CA9 July 2018
It was a great learning experience. Lots of different customers to interact and converse with. Very fast paced, and quick. Always on your feet and doing something. Never a negative moment, or time to slow down.
Fairly quick paced and relaxed
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Irving, NY10 March 2018
Easy to work for mostly relaxed with management not constantly breathing down your neck. Family oriented where everyone has a pretty good feel for each other.
Pros
good teamwork oriented environment
Cons
sometimes communication
Friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CA20 February 2018
Fast paced and easy to work with employees. Everyone worked together. Managers were understanding and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was trying not to talk to long to the customers. I'm very talkative. The most enjoyable part was that everyone i worked with was nice and very helpful when I didn't understand something.
busy and time consuming
Cahier/Customer Service? waitress (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CA11 August 2017
good customers, consistency cleaning, always restocking and rolling sliver wear, the tips can be good depending on the day. hours and very between full time and part time
the hardest part of the job
Server (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CA20 July 2017
You can never be too sure of who, or what will be the trigger for the manager. It only takes one little and everyone's day will be ruined. Employees need to be treated like people.
Very productive work environment full of customers
waitress (Former Employee) –  Hesperia, CA 9234527 February 2016
Very nice if you like interacting with people and serving them can be very fast paced, sometimes pressuring coworkers are alright as long as you do your job and are good at it everything will be fine, I learned to work at a fast paced job and all the things that come with dealing mainly with customer service.
productuive and fast moving work place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CA19 August 2014
a typical day at work clocking in making sure everything was in place and ready for my shift since i had second shift. i made sure all the employees tried to be on time, help customers, make schedules, clean, close restaurant, and leave everything set for morning shift.
Good Experience
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Homewood, IL9 March 2013
The work is very doable and you catch on to all the tasks you need to within a day or two of work. The most difficult part of the work is memorizing where all the dishes, parts, pans, and other objects go. The hours are very reasonable. The pay was reasonable. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful. The management during my shift was OK. She kept things running smoothly but often neglected her own work (she was also the cook for the night shift) to point out and assess all the employees mistakes and made sure to go off each and every time. She was also very contradictory. The job is very fast paced and you are expected to keep up with the dishes as they come which when busy could amount to four or five pans full (large pans) every 30 minutes.
Pros
paid in cash, hours, co-workers
Cons
management, not enough days
Typical day on the job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Homewood, IL7 June 2012
I am responsible for stocking, waiting on tables, and cleaning my section.