Tolko Industries Ltd
Happiness score is 54 out of 100
View all Tolko Industries Ltd reviews

Tolko Industries Ltd

Tolko Industries Ltd Employee Review

Evolving workplace with old habits

Experience depends greatly on dept or shift. My experience was good but seeing other areas who had a tough time due to incompetent leadership. Poor middle management causes recurring issues and staff shortages. Pay is solid for area with good benefits.

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

29 September 2022
Thank you for your positive review! We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience. If you have any suggestions for ways we can improve our business, please share them with your local HR Representative.

Same location

Very laid back atmosphere until things go wrong

Tolko are a great company to work for but some Leads and Supervisors destroy the morale of the workforce. There is a culture of micro-managing and bullying in some departments. Supervisory positions are filled by whoever wants the position instead of looking for the best candidate.

29 April 2022
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We'd like the opportunity to make improvements and would love to hear more about what we can do. Please contact your local HR Representative to discuss the issues you've identified.
Same location

Team leads and area supervisors problem

The company and the benefits that comes with the job itself is top notch zero complaints about it,. the main issue is the management of some team leads and area supervisors are horrible to work with, they feel so entitled to their position they forgot that they are supposed to be the one to help the production team first, all they care about is their bonuses that they just ignore the needs of their crew members,. might as well abolished their positions, they are that irrelevant

Pros

good benefits, good salaries

Cons

Long hours, horrible team leads and area supervisors

11 January 2022
Thank you for your constructive review. We’re pleased to hear that you enjoy working for Tolko! That being said, we’d like to address the issues you’ve identified, so we ask that you please come speak with your local HR Business Partner. We’d love to ensure that Tolko continues to be a great place to work!
Same location

Turnover extremely high, culture not definable.

If you have a company that has 25-35% turnover you need to stay clear!Company hires people with little or no education/skills they then teach them to check boxes. Employees that have little or no understanding of what each checked box entails go on to create additional stress and form a culture based on fear and ignorance.

Pros

Pay is great and safety is exemplarily.

Cons

Depressing workplace culture, no continuity.

11 January 2022
Thank you for sharing your opinion. Safety is our top priority and we’re happy to hear you experienced that firsthand. We truly care about our employees and are proud to provide opportunities to individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Our goal is to be great, which is why we put so much effort into improving all aspects of our business, from improving employee retention and engagement, to implementing standardized training programs and executing capital improvements projects, and everything else in between. We hope should you decide to return to Tolko in the future, we can provide you with a better experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tolko Industries Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement