Tolko Industries Ltd
Happiness score is 54 out of 100
View all Tolko Industries Ltd reviews

Tolko Industries Ltd

Tolko Industries Ltd Employee Review

Good job, fast paced keep up or get ridiculed.

Worked for Tolko for 10 plus years. good pay and benefits. Toxic workplace and management treats their workers poorly. Eg sometimes we had to work a whole overtime on our scheduled Friday off. Then trade our overtime day for a standard straight time day. After signing an averaging agreement. Which is illegal by labor laws in B.C. If you said anything about it, the company would make an example of you and hand you a broom or a spray bottle. I never said anything personally but I had seen it happen to others. It is also shift work so work and home life is not balanced. Good pay, good benefits and sustainability. When I resigned , I was running most of their veteran positions even holding records numbers for some of them as well. They refused to give a reference of any kind after 10 plus years of service. They handed me a letter of employment which stated that I was terminated. I had to speak with their HR department to get it rectified to I resigned. Good pay, good benefits......has a worse work environment than oilfield rigs. Most politically rampant toxic place I have ever worked.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

29 September 2022
We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We welcome hearing about the areas where we can make positive changes and will make sure your feedback is shared with the appropriate people. Should you choose to work with us again, we hope we can provide you with a better experience.

Same role

Depending what shift your on there is some great employees and management, definitely need to pull your own weight and have respect for yourself and others with a can do attitude to make it! There is shifts for work life balance with garenteed minimum 40 hour work weeks! I wake up happy to go to work!

Pros

Stedy work

31 October 2022
Thank you for your review! We love that you love working here and appreciate your feedback. We're happy to hear you like the shifting options. Our values guide everything we do - we're glad you've experienced that firsthand in your role!
Same roleSame location

Not worth your time toxic environment/MGMT

Worked at tolko lavington worst time of my life. The shift work is bad the put downs from management even upper management. The pay was alright for doing mindless unskilled work but overall not worth it. You can make more doing so many other things that don’t destroy your soul. The sawmill is decrepit and unkept urine stains on the floors in the bathrooms hygiene not up to par. Don’t ever get injured or you will be crucified treated like a toddler. When your wrist hurt so much from throwing “strips.” it’s Pretty cold in the winter time and uncomfortably hot in the summer AND Don’t trust them.. ever.

Pros

You get paid

Cons

Shift work, mindless

31 October 2022
Thank you for your review. Even though it's a challenging process, we are passionate about improving our business and would have liked the opportunity to address the issues you experienced. We're sorry you didn't have a positive experience and wish you all the best in your future.
Same location

Depressing

I have been at the tolko Lavington for ten years now. It was an delightful company to work for in the beginning but that has changed. Management is absolutely terrible. The plant manager talks down to employees there all of the time and it somehow it gets looked past. The turn over rate has dramatically increased and people just don’t want to work there anymore plain and simple. It’s depressing, everyone is stressed out because too many people have quit or have gotten fired and it leaves the rest of us to pick up the slack. I would never recommend this career path to anyone ever again. You only live once, why live it miserably.

15 November 2022
Thank you for your review. We want your experience at Tolko to be a good one. If our employees are unhappy, we want to work on solutions that ensure they have a positive and fulfilling career experience. We will share your feedback with the appropriate team members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tolko Industries Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement