TNR Doors

TNR Doors Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews

Hard Work With Benefits

Be prepared to work really hard and be stressed almost everyday. Company has a high turnover rate due to work load and low pay. Company does have many perks for employees which is a bonus. Probably the best place to work in Barrie but has flaws.

Pros

Staff, Perks, Family culture

Cons

Work load, low staffing, low pay, no advancement.

Think twice

Abandon hope all ye whom enter here. Lowest pay for skilled labour. Very high turn over rate. You'll love answering countless HR related surveys in order to be told your efforts are severely lacking as a production team. Demoralizing waste of energy. Save your resume for somewhere with a Canadian business acumen. You're welcome.

Pros

Its a job

Cons

But not a satisfying one

fast paced enviroment with nice co-workers

good overall work area safety very important nice co-workers upper management needed more clarity alot of the time their was a miss communication between office management and work floor managament

Fantastic workplace if you have the right mindset

I worked for TNR Doors for a little over one year, in my time there I gained many skills and gained experience in skills I already had. I look back at my time there as the best experience I've had at any job to date. The management is fantastic, specifically the steel department lead - best guy I've ever worked with. This company treats its employees like family; never have I experienced such inclusion in a manufacturing position, so many lunches provided for good quality, the CEO right there eating with us and at other times very approachable. I've heard a few of my old co-workers have moved up in the company since I've left as well so it seems TNR is still hiring from within, first. The hardest part of this job was dealing with other departments, specifically assembly. Not trying to bash the guy too hard but seriously he needs to learn how to communicate. The most enjoyable part of this job was the feeling of accomplishment. This is not the type of job where you assemble plastic components and bag them, or throw some metal in a machine and let it do the work for you. Everything is done 100% by hand. After a day of work there I went home and actually felt like I made a difference. I don't know if I left on good terms or not, but I had to leave. Part of me regrets letting a job like this go, but I've recently moved into a field I've wanted to be in since I was a child. However I left the company, and whatever the opinion of me has been since, it doesn't change the way I feel about TNR - this place is amazing and I'll always remember the time I spent here fondly.

Pros

Feeling of accomplishment instead of boredom

Cons

Occasional massive doors

hard but rewarding work

10 to 12 hour shifts, gets dirty cutting metal, You have a deadline but you work at your own pace. Learned more about schematic diagrams and how to read and understand them.

Pros

good employees

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TNR Doors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement