TNI The Network Inc. Employee Reviews

Good cause
Fund raiser/door to door (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 July 2018
I very much enjoyed going door to door and fundraising for amazing causes. The pay wasnt overwelmingly great but again, it is for a great cause and to really help.
17 October 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of the hard work that you did for us and of course, our non-profit partners!

spunky fun place to work
Entry level marketing rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2018
great place spunky place to work, had fun, entry position or tempory position for students and summer spring weather not that much fun in winter however no desk no time to lazy . great source of exercise. keeps you fit.
Pros
fun, weightloss, exercise. fit.
Cons
winter cold
17 October 2018

Thank you for the review and the hard work! I agree this is a great way to stay in shape and our focus is to make sure that we have fun at work!

Review
assist the local programing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2018
Demanding with a high turn around, employer expects high numbers and does not work with you to achieve this number. If you didn't get the numbers, it wasn't because the customer wasn't interested, it was automatically your fault.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the position is not for everyone. At TNI we do our best to insure all staff get the best experience.

If there is anything we can do to help please feel free to contact our HR department at HR@TNINetwork.com and we will be happy to assist you. Again, thank you for your feedback as it helps us make TNI an even better company to work for!

Environnement de travail productif et agréable
Agente de marketing (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 April 2018
Les supérieurs sont toujours disponibles pour aider les agents. L'ambiance de travail est très agréable
Pros
sorties en équipe, bonne ambiance de travail
Cons
pas vraiment de possibilité d'avancement
18 October 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We believe having an environment where employees feel that they are heard and their Managers provide support is important. There are many opportunities for advancement with TNI, as we believe that everyone has the right to be successful. We not only believe that people can achieve great things, we demostrate this daily.

Terrible
Interview Entry (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 February 2018
Went to an interview and the place was run down. Took 20 mins to wait and finally did some silly group interview. Its all door to door. FORGET THEM! Search other jobs!!!

Hello,

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.  We are sorry to hear your interview experience did not match up to what you had expected.  We do group interviews as we feel that this starts the process of becoming a team right from your first experience and having a strong work culture is essential. We also understand that door to door is not for everyone. If there is any way we can help you further please feel free to contact our HR department at HR@TNINetwork.com.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.

VERY positive and energetic workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 January 2018
Really great place to work . Boss's are very underatanding , if you have an issue with absolutely anything all you need to do is tell them and they will work something out . The overall work atmosphere is just amazing , if you go in feeling down there's no way your leaving without a smile . Any bad reviews are just people with personal issues .
Pros
Bonuses, positivity, friendly
Cons
Winter
18 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share this amazing review. It is great to hear that your Manager is there to support you and that the atmosphere always left you feeling positive. The work you do everyday makes it possible for us to grow and succeed together!

Great place to work through school
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Peachland, BC10 January 2018
Working while going to school was easy because they are very flexible when scheduling. They want you to be happy and do what they need to hold onto the staff they have. Great people and great work environment
18 October 2018

Thank you for your review, I agree, the work environment and the culture here are great! We are happy to have you on our Peachland team!

Outgoing
Canvasser for Sick Kids Hospital (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2017
You learn a lot about how to speak to all kinds of people and gauge their responses. The work environment was definitely friendly and encouraging to be successful.
Pros
Close to home at the time
Cons
I had to pay for travel expenses during work itself. (Gas card)
18 October 2018

Thank you for your review. I agree that this position definitely allows you be a good conversationalist dealing with the public!

Productive and fun work place with great advancement opportunities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
Is was very fun and charismatic work experience.

You learnt self-building customer service representative skills.

You have wonderful opportunities with work place advancement.

The people at the Titan Advertisement Group Inc. office were all wonderful people and very helpful!

Hardest part of the job was learning to deal with the negative customers, and learning to build yourself up.
Pros
Daily challenges
Cons
Dealing with negatives
18 October 2018

Thank you for your amazing review! We really appreciate the effort and are glad that your experience in Edmonton was great and allowed for self-growth! Keep shining bright!

A trickkk!!
SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Everywhere24 October 2017
This is not a Customer Service job it is a Door to Door Sales Rep job and a complete waste of time. They lure you in with a nice job ad saying $20/hr and than try to convince you the job is worth it. Complete bull.

Hello,

At TNI, we specialize in face-to-face acquisition initiatives from residential, to mall kiosks or business-to-business marketing. All of these initiatives are encompassed within the Customer Service Representative position. We are sorry if there was any miscommunication on what to expect with this position, especially in regards to the pay structure.

Great People!
CUSTOMER SERVICE/ MARKETING REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 October 2017
The staff are very easy going and caring. The job overall is fun, it is however very long hours and the work is intense. The managers are very understanding.
Pros
Great people
19 October 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your review. Creating a culture where everyone feels positivity and the ability to grow for success is really important to us. Some days may feel longer than others, but we sure do appreciate everything that you are doing for TNI and on behalf of our non-profit partners! Everything that you are doing is paving your own road for success and we believe that you can do it!

fun energetic job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
always meeting new people and who doesn't like helping children in the process. loved the start to the day, we would all get together and cheer and chant then go out to lunch before we started at 2 pm.
Pros
making lots of children happier
Cons
aweful hours based no free time
Great job if you have previous experience in sales
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 June 2017
A typical day at work isn't bad. You go in, talk with coworkers, practice your pitch, then you go through a group pep meeting. After that you go to lunch with the team you're assigned to (usually fast food), then get dropped off in your territory with a map and canvass until you get picked up. Back at the base you wait until other people show up, do another pep meeting and go home feeling pretty good. Even if you didn't meet your personal goals for that day.

Although if you've had a couple of rude prospective clients, or someone mocked you as you were leaving, it's best to keep those thoughts to yourself. As positive as an environment as this was, the only way to keep it was to purge all bad thoughts the second you meet up with your fellow canvassers again. You're not allowed to vent, despite the friendliness of the environment will lead you to believe.

The pep part will take some adjustment if you're introverted, but you'll get over it after a couple days. However if you're not used to talking to strangers and trying to convince them to be interested in what you've got, or walking for long periods of time, I'd recommend moving on.

Overall even though I didn't work here long, I don't regret it. It was even fun at times. If you want a new life experience to look back on I highly recommend it.

TLDR: This job is for people who are extremely optimistic, used to rejection, can walk for long periods of time, and are used to a working structure similar to door to door sales.
Pros
Great coworkers, upbeat attitude
Cons
Long hours on your feet, can't talk about the negative aspects of the job
Learned a lot about people skills
Official Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Alberta3 May 2017
At TNI I have gained a lot of experience about people and how you can relate to them, amke them feel comfortable and break the ice with strangers. In 3 months I have learnt more than I would have in years working in a solitary environment.
Though it is really cold going door to door during the winter months and only the driver gets to have the car. If I asked to stay in the car to warm up a bit my boss would say go sit on the bus bench... That defeated the purpose of getting warm and sounded really rude as my hands felt frozen...
Pros
Salary based on work
Cons
hard work (cold winter months) going door to door
Tni
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Independence is key
People do not like door to door sales no matter the cause
very multicultural
The hardest part of the job is being on your feet all day with one hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks
The networking is the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Friendly people to work with
Cons
Long days on your feet
Pyramid scheme
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2017
They want you to guilt people into buying their products "World Vision, Because I am a Girl", etc. When I got trained they told me to play on their emotions. If there were kids shoes in the door way, you really play up the kid card. "What would you do if your child was starving in a village?" Horrible. Management in Edmonton also makes fun of employees when everyone has left for the day. You start work at 2- and end at 10. Not a lot of life balance.
Grew stale really quick
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Peachland, BC22 February 2017
Easy Job to do, good team. Just got boring really quick.

Pay was meh, management wasnt really there the majority of the time.

Having internet there was cool too.
Amazing People who work at there top best for the company
Platinum Marketing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2017
This was an awesome job to be helping out kids all around the world loved working here. The staff and manager loved to inspire everyone that worked there loved it. Manager was a pretty amazing guy!!!!!
Pros
Inspiring People
Cons
Cold/Harsh Conditions in winter time
environnement de travail agréable
Agent de Promotion (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 January 2017
Environnement de travail contribue au développement personnel
Pyramid scheme avoid at all costs
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 November 2016
It is important though, that when you do contribute you don't contribute in the wrong way. Many marketing/networking agencies now make profit on "selling" monthly packages of "monthly donations" to charity via door to door sales. The money goes straight to the network inc which they use to pay canvassers at collection agencies a minimum wage or higher and expensive electronics such as IPAD minis which they use to sign people up with an NPO. Of course the money the does not go to the NPO it actually goes to TNI .
Pros
quitting
Cons
long hours, knowledge that you are doing a bad thing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TNI The Network Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.