TNG Merchandising Employee Reviews

Business done through emails and to many
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  N/A5 May 2019
Management needs a lot of work with proper rules and consistency throughout because everyone seems to have different ideals and philosophies that aren't necessarily right or professional.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management inconsistencies
need to be improve in job wise
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL3 May 2019
meet great people, no raise. to much to handle for a little pay. drive to places and no repair for your car and they want you to work fast for a little pay. the hours are ok when you have a family and no one bother you about it and then go to work, but the pay is not what i want and i think they should help on vacation time and pay time when you are sick. lots to be done and no thank you.
Very low stress
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ionia, MI15 April 2019
enjoy working on a schedule I set. Just would like more hours. Management is well trained and willing to work with you as much as possible to help you can a full understanding of how the job is performed.
Pros
Low stress, fac paced
Cons
Not enough hours
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  La Quinta, CA8 April 2019
Managers are great explain your job to you thoroughly. 8f you need help management is always willing to explain and even help you. Training is great. The stores we work in are awesome.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Short breaks.
Fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OR25 March 2019
This job was great if you need experience or another job to cover your regular job. I was working here and UPS at night, everything was great! only reason I left is because I got offered a Supervisor position with UPS.
Pros
Early morning hours, Or late night
Cons
Not enough hours
Flexible and easy part time
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WA18 March 2019
Good fit for mostly stay at home mom. Show up, unpack stock and set it up, surveys sometimes, everything is through a smartphone or tablet application.
Pros
Drive time between stores is compensated, you can work for other merchandising companies
Cons
Short days
Low pay, minimal hours
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Reno, NV11 March 2019
Fine as a second job or if you don't really need to make a living. Hours are flexible, but also very inconsistent. I can plan my work day around personal obligations. We are paid while driving between stores, but not reimbursed for mileage.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits, no mileage reimbursement, low pay, inconsistent hours
Overworked but underpaid
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FL6 March 2019
TNG required you to work for very little. I was with this company for 10 years and only made 9.00 an hour. We were expected to use our own vehicles eveeyday, our own phones everyday and no compensation. I just recieved a new manager who was cutting my low hours already down to about 10 hours a week. No one can make a living on that.
Fun work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX18 February 2019
Easy job restocking and able to work at my own pace as long as its finished before a certain time in the evening. Fun to drive around and restock many different stores
Should be highly dependable and likes interacting people
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WA6 February 2019
Read and follow planograms, transfer to different assigned stores and be on time. Best with this job, you manage your own time. Most of the time you have to figure out the situation, no one will help you unless you call your sup or ask help from store managers.
Very poor company to work for. Sub par pay horrible uper management..
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX26 January 2019
very poor company. Upper management gets paid very well but merchanisers who do the hard work required constantly get threatenrd with termination for nearly any particular reason. No possibility for advancement. TNyg is a
Pros
Ease og scheduling your work load for the week.
Cons
Horrible upper management, very poor pay.
Poor management
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MN26 January 2019
In my position I set Books to a planogram and pull books for the client to return. I also manage remote employees.

There was no learning curve. POG’s are pictures of books and I already am familiar with most merchandising apps.

Management is great if you have the right one. Their are stores in MN, SD, and IA that are sending complaints because they are not being serviced appropriately and it just remains the same. They also keep rearranging territories.

Culture is good. Most stores understand that they profit from allowing vendors to do their job. If the products not out it can’t be bought. I am getting tired of hearing complaints about stores that are not in my area, but are the same chain. They believe I can fix it when all I can do is report it.

Hardest part is the constant bending and being on your knees. You place books on the bottom shelf to five feet high.

I enjoy seeing books that are organized and set correctly instead just “get the books out”! If you keep up with your POG on a weekly basis it takes a lot less time on your weekly visits.

The reason I do not agree with the CEO is because their is an apparent problem and nothing is being done.
Pros
There are some good managers
Cons
Need a new district manager and corporate will not listen.
Horrible place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FL22 January 2019
Have only been working for this company for so long because I had an awesome supervisor Now that supervisor has been fired for no reason so it was time to move along.This is one of the worst companies to work for. They do stupid stuff & are so unorganized.They only pay $10.00 an hour to do a lot of work. When I 1st started all we did was magazine's now we have other projects to take care of. There is a chance for extra hours because they can't keep employees. The only good thing about this job is the stores you work in. You always have the same stores so you get to know management,employees & other Vendors/merchandisers.
Pros
The stores you work in
Cons
The job
pay
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Florida30 December 2018
worked there for 5 years ...no breaks
no raises given....they feel $10 is enough no matter how long you have worked there. I have worked there for several years and only get .25 more then when I started. Pay is a joke. No benefits
Pros
work by self
Cons
poor pay...no benefits...no vacation...No sick days.....no holiday pay
Productive and easy work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Climax, GA20 October 2018
Simple work and manageable schedule also easy to learn and the hours were part time and it worked for me for a little while but I needed more hours to work
Very productive workplace
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX16 October 2018
Very flexible hours made my own hours part-time hours I would be done before noon sometime just enough to get things done at home love the job merchandising
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I loved working at TNG it was my favorite job last year
Magazine Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA6 October 2018
TNG is a very productive job to have you dont just do magazines they deal with stocking chips candy and whatever else is needed. You travel to different stores including The stores on the navy base.
Pros
Travel and different projects always something new to do each dayno benifits
Cons
No benifits
Lack of communication
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Moulton, AL21 September 2018
There is no communication in this company. They change your schedule and pay rates without your knowledge or consent. They never tell you any information but claim to have sent emails or texts.
The company was fair
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GA14 September 2018
Most days were very slow
I would have to use my car to travel
they paid very minimal for travel time
They take months to make a person a lead merchandiser
Pros
work when you felt like it
Cons
not very good pay
Do not work in the indiana district
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, IN12 September 2018
Do not work here not in the indiana District they have very poor communication I tried several times threw texting and email and never a response I could not afford to get my phone turned on this month so I have wifi at home and could of used the WiFi at the store but she used that as an excuse to let me go