TMF Foods - Lou's Kitchen

TMF Foods - Lou's Kitchen Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
If you are into what they are doing the place rocks! If not then at least you will be treated fairly provided that you are honest. It is rare to find ownership that is this genuinely proud of their identity! and
Pros
Leading edge products
Cons
Small business, so be prepared to wear more than one hat, lean.
Very unorganized causing production to fall behind and force you to come in on your days off with less than 9 hours notice. Other positions within the company didn't seem as bad
Lou’s has made some critical improvements in recent years. We now have an innovative, learning, and caring culture. With excellent people all the way through the organization, I believe we’re ready to continue to grow for the next 40 years and beyond. Happy to be a part of it!
TMF has gone through a great transition in the last year

We recently integrated a software to track and review production in every department, with this however came an amazing communication tool that gives not only lead hands the means to communicate with management, but operators and general labourers as well.
At first, a job at TMF Foods is a dream come true, then they lay you off 2 weeks before x-Mas, and after they call you and tell you to call back later for severance information, they cut off your phone and e-mail before you can even make it home. They will also screw up filing your record of employment, wording it as a dismissal instead of a lay offf, thus making the government thinks you were fired and not eligible for EI. Also, if you try to grieve your dismissal and send them a legal letter, they will sign for the letter and review it, but lie and said they never got it. Also, on the day that they laid off the sales team, everyone assumed the conference call was about mouldy ribs, a major issue with the company. Instead, they canned everyone and gave the absolute least they could as severance.
I have been with the company for more then 5 years. Company was previously owned by a private owner and was not a bad place to work out of. After PB bought TMF the company took a new direction. Management started investing in their employees to ensure they are properly trained. They implemented different programs to ensure everybody had a voice in the company to express their opinions and concerns. There is no separation between upper management and general labor and everyone works together to accomplish company’s goals. I have never seen in my entire career so many hard working people with great attitudes. It is a great place with amazing environment to work in. Company consistently gives opportunity to employees within to grow and learn.
Pros
Employees lunches, quarterly gifts for employees for all major holidays, free meat, summer fun activities, bonuses
Cons
Occasionally longer then normal work hours
I have been with company for 4 years now and love working here. The people are fun to work with. Lead hands are understanding with there co-workers. The team work are always positive with eachother. We love singing with eachother and we are like a big family.

We are now going paperless and using iPads.

Great birthday breakfast, bbq and many more fun stuff.
Pros
Great co-workers and management
Cons
Negative people
I have been with TMF for a while now and with the new ownership it has become a different company to work for in a positive way. Upper management is more visible to the employees to hear their ideas and even their complaints. A new operating system called Redzone was implemented to help people on the floor to stay connected throughout the plant making communication and productivity a lot quicker. Every month whomever had a Birthday a group breakfast is put on by our CEO and upper management to which I think is a great show of appreciation. TMF has become a different atmosphere to work for.
Pros
BBQ's, Recognition rewards
I This place is a very nice company to work for. I've become good friends with quite a few people that work here. Work was also accommodated when I needed to leave early to pick up my kids.
Pros
BBQ's, management, people
Cons
early hours
Working as a Customer Service Representative I have to deal with a lot of challenges throughout my day, it can be very stressfull at times.
This is my first time working in Canada for a Food Industry Company and I am amazed on how much I have learned about what goes into making high quality food and the CFIA food safety requirements.

We have a great management team always ready to step in when needed and help wherever necessary.

Most enjoyable part of my job is working closely with the team members and having a few laughs along the way.

TMF Foods provides great benefits, pension and competitive wages.
Pros
All the delicious food
Cons
Weekly hours worked
This company has come a long way over the 9 years i have been here and I have worked all over the plant and we are still growing. YES we have speaker all over the plant and there is music playing for all to hear.

With the launch of new products with new bold flavors and new packaging. We are moving forward and keeping up to date in this technical world.

- going paperless is a start.

- advertising on social media's

- the communication is at an all time HIGH with the I-pads.

There is nothing you can't do as long as you are willing to apply yourself and your willingness to learn, this company will and can show you the way.
Pros
Activities, birthday breakfast, President awards (have to apply )
Cons
Negative people
This place is a very good place to work. Much better than most other production companies. Especially after being sold. New management is more concerned with overall happiness of employees. Best place I've worked, hope to be here for awhile,
Ever since this company was sold it has improved greatly. They invested in machines to make working safer and easier. They increased company barbecues and added a family barbecue at the end of summer. They started playing music in the facility and added a TV to the lunchroom. They give opportunities to people to work overtime and make more money. They're taking suggestions from employees to improve work environment seriously. The turnover rate has dropped significantly since the new management took over. They have also added products that are vegan friendly. There isn't many jobs in this area or job sector that you're going to find that are better than this place.
Pros
Location, work environment, management
There was loyalty when the original owner was there a family atmosphere. When company was bought out I felt like I was just a number an outsider. The authenticity of Lou’s BBQ company was gone!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No leadership, no guidance
work environment is less then desirable, management does not seem to care, salary is not worth the trouble. cold and wet, no leniency. I would not work there again.
Pros
freezer sales
Cons
too many to count
Its a decent place to work and can be interesting job. but the hours were kind of an awful the pay was just above minimum and the ownership were clueless
Pros
not much
Cons
alot
TMF has been under NEW ownership for almost a year and has completely transformed itself. Communication between management & production staff is so much better & I love the lead hand training sessions every Friday. The mood in the plant is uplifting, so many more smiles! Looking forward to more Kareoke at the summer BBQ's. We have a great team here!
Full time hours with decent wage. Never have to worry about losing hours during slow times as there really is not a slow time. If there’s tools or equipment that will make the job easier all you have to do is ask and you shall receive. The management is easy to get along with and are supportive in building your strengths. Coworkers are friendly and it’s like a family feeling.
Pros
Being awarded for hard work
Cons
Hard to think of one
This job is very rewarding and the people are amazing to work with. They encourage independence and allow room for professional growth. Great experience!
Typical labour intensive job with very repetitive tasks. Depending on which area you're working in, it can be bearable or just downright frustrating. Majority of employees working there are either miserable or can barely speak English. Always seemed like the supervisors/management were constantly unprepared or had a good idea of what needed to be done. Just not a great environment to work in, there are a small group of good people who work there but most are just miserable, or stay within there own culture.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
Work load
the other employee can be nice to the other ones and not get mad cause they dint realized the dates don’t appear in the product other than thqt itw a good job to sstarr
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TMF Foods - Lou's Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.