Tlicho Government

Tlicho Government Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Treated fairly
Treated me fairly and educated me in areas I was unsure about, learned many skills that were transferable to other jobs and I enjoyed working there, atmosphere was relaxed.
Great summer job
great started job to get into working full-time while building knowledge about the different types of office tasks needing to be completed. very get experience though.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Unfair
productive
- drive around town and pick up garbages
- water truck

- ground maintenance

- maintain litter and garbage

- do little odd jobs here and there such as painting and cutting grass and whatever else needed to be done in town
fun
usual duties nothing to exciting, would of been nice if there were more hours and have it more mentally challenging co-worker are fun to be around and the employees have great hospitality.

thanks
Very Friendly Environment
Everyone knows Everyone; therefore, Everybody helped each other no matter what the tasks were. I learned a lot about where my cultural back ground and learned to speak the Tlicho Language.
office administration assistant
dealing with incoming calls, assisting the staff with work assignments, filing/recording documents, help with the community, working with the community
Good experience
I like working at Tlicho Government when given the chance. Good employees and good hours. I always enjoyed working with the employees at Tlicho Government
love to work
getting along with staff
helping others

filing and faxing

learn some new skills on computer

don't min working for them in near future
Working in a Challenging environment, but providing good working relationship
Ensuring the day to day chief's schedules is up-dated. Screen all community concerns and forward to the Chief's attention and cc'd to the Tlicho Executive Officer. Provide accurate feedback on all community concerns. Post up all coming community events and meetings.

I've learned to manage, plan and implement the day to day office activities to ensure all proper in/out going information is provided to either the public, government office and the Chief.

To manage an effective office environment and provide good working relationship and communication with the public and other organizations we provide services to on a daily basis.

Good communication skills is a must and helps to promote excellent teamwork with co-workers.

Is feeling overwhelmed at times when a special event has taken place and being short staff. However, usually resolved when I hire additional part-time staff.

Is knowing that the challenges of the day has been met, and look forward to tomorrow's challenges.
Pros
Accomplishments of the day
Cons
When dealing with upset community members more than once a day
Productive, fun, efficent
- Each day was something new
- I learned a lot about my culture, and gained new skills

- Co-workers were a delight to work with

- The hardest part of the job was working under harsh conditions

- The enjoyable part of the job was working with the group enjoying what we were learning what we were expected to do,

- I didn't think of it as a job seeing as I loved it so much, too bad it's once a year,
Pros
Skill building
Cons
The immense heat
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tlicho Government. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4