TLC LANDSCAPING

Canada10 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

A Home Away from Home

- I grew to become an appreciated member of the team - I thoroughly enjoyed working with the other staff members - Great work/life balance and benefits

Little room for growth outside of Maintenance devision. Poor Management. Poor Leadership.

I've worked at TLC for 2 winter seasons and 3 spring-fall seasons. Many crew leaders lack proper leadership skills, ethic, respect for women in the workplace. Culture there is crew leader does the least amount of work puts in least amount of effort makes the highest wage on the crew, 1 helper who makes a significantly smaller wage but takes on the responsibility of a crew leader come vacation time. Rest of the crew is expected to do the most work and most tedious tasks on a daily basis and is paid the base wage. This makes for a lot of coming and going of new employees. A record of everything you do inside and outside of the company is kept of you, and can and will be used against you. Wintertime work you will be expected to operate heavy machinery such as tractors with plows and Ford f250/550's for as little as 15 hours with no break times. The company is greatly understaffed in the winter as they take on too much and over work every employee. A lot of accidents happen as a result of this. The first year I worked for the company, two assaults in the work place occurred. My overall experience at TLC has been short of my expectations.

Pros

Company events

Cons

Long hours, poor work place culture.

Fun Work Place

Its a fun work place if you love hard work team members are amazing to work with and make each day easier. Shifts were great depending on how hard you work.

lots of easy going people to work with

in the winter time you are clearing snow. you may have the opportunity to use a snow blower or be in one the tractors plowing the snow. in the summer time you will be cutting grass maintaining gardens by weeding and or putting mulch down. sometimes you will be installing gardens,walk ways, driveways, pools

Pros

great company to wrok for

Cons

snow removal

Very long hours depending on snowfall. Mostly overnights into the mornings. Can be enjoyable depending on your team and ensuring that everyone puts in the same amount of work to not over work one person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TLC LANDSCAPING. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement