TLC LANDSCAPING

TLC LANDSCAPING Employee Reviews

Great employees to work with in a team based environment

Could pay alot more but overall a great place to get your foot in the door. You can benefit alot from this company as they have alot to offer. Like apprenticeships and they do help with your licence if you need one.

Pros

Apprenticeships, good hours, fast paced.

Cons

Not great pay

Little room for growth outside of Maintenance devision. Poor Management. Poor Leadership.

I've worked at TLC for 2 winter seasons and 3 spring-fall seasons. Many crew leaders lack proper leadership skills, ethic, respect for women in the workplace. Culture there is crew leader does the least amount of work puts in least amount of effort makes the highest wage on the crew, 1 helper who makes a significantly smaller wage but takes on the responsibility of a crew leader come vacation time. Rest of the crew is expected to do the most work and most tedious tasks on a daily basis and is paid the base wage. This makes for a lot of coming and going of new employees. A record of everything you do inside and outside of the company is kept of you, and can and will be used against you. Wintertime work you will be expected to operate heavy machinery such as tractors with plows and Ford f250/550's for as little as 15 hours with no break times. The company is greatly understaffed in the winter as they take on too much and over work every employee. A lot of accidents happen as a result of this. The first year I worked for the company, two assaults in the work place occurred. My overall experience at TLC has been short of my expectations.

Pros

Company events

Cons

Long hours, poor work place culture.

Abusive behaviour

I was worked to the bone for a working interview. Got heat stroke and hurt my head. They chose not to hire me. They are a trash company with no compassion.

Pros

Cons

Terrible people

A Home Away from Home

- I grew to become an appreciated member of the team - I thoroughly enjoyed working with the other staff members - Great work/life balance and benefits

Productive and fun work place in the sun

This company will hire anybody willing to work! if you need a chance, these guys will give you one. The office staff are extremely friendly, and the teams are generally really good to work with. Nights can be hard but if you have a nice warm set of boots and you stay dry, then this job is easy as heck and pays great! just shovelling and salting, couldn't be easier! they picked me up on the way, i was near the shop. only complaint would be sometimes they'd call saying they'd pick me up in 20 minutes at 4am, which was a bummer some nights haha.

Pros

easy as pie

Cons

random unexpected snow at 4am

productive

it's a fun easy job, meet awesome people who you're working for.

Pros

Free lunchess

Cons

Hot days

Fun Work Place

Its a fun work place if you love hard work team members are amazing to work with and make each day easier. Shifts were great depending on how hard you work.

lots of easy going people to work with

in the winter time you are clearing snow. you may have the opportunity to use a snow blower or be in one the tractors plowing the snow. in the summer time you will be cutting grass maintaining gardens by weeding and or putting mulch down. sometimes you will be installing gardens,walk ways, driveways, pools

Pros

great company to wrok for

Cons

Good job for a young adult

Good job for me when I was younger. Gave me experience that i still use in daily life. The construction side is much more fulfilling then the maintenance (cutting grass) half.

snow removal

Very long hours depending on snowfall. Mostly overnights into the mornings. Can be enjoyable depending on your team and ensuring that everyone puts in the same amount of work to not over work one person.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at TLC LANDSCAPING?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TLC LANDSCAPING. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement