Tirecraft

Tirecraft Employee Reviews in Sherwood Park, AB

Sherwood Park, AB4 reviews
Good place to work and the work enviroment is very good. Decent amount of work everyday and easy to keep yourself busy, shop is dirty but its also dated
work environment included a group of cubicle desks. We worked independently and sometimes as a group. I learned a variety of office skills. I had great mentorship with direct supervisor. Upper management lacked engagement with the everyday employee. I met several great people . The company went bankrupt due to poor business planning and management.
Pros
Happy Fridays - every 3rd Friday off with pay
Cons
they went bankrupt
Due to recent owner changes I did not like the new owners he was very rude and did not treat me with much respect. before the new owners came in I was learning lots and progressing with signing the companies biggest account that the new owner lost in his first 2 weeks.
Cons
new owners not very good
A typical day at work included the full cycle of accounting for 4 - 6 tire outlets. I learnt how to multi-task and perform my duties with accuracy meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines. After 17 years at Tirecraft management and co-workers were not just employees but we became a "big" family.
The hardest part of the job was the transition when Tirecraft was sold to new management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the BBQ's, Christmas Parties, etc., where employees got together to have some fun and not talk about business.
Pros
Great employee benefits
Cons
Loosing a family member (employee)