Tirecraft

Tirecraft Employee Reviews

Canada67 reviews
Tire Tech
Polite and helpful front counter staff, work is done at the promised time, and they are very up front about what work on your vehicle needs to be done right away versus what can wait. Was a very good company to work for
Poor environment, no culture
To many contracted positions pulling in to many directions...no focus. The management need to take control back from all the outside services they use, set a direction, develop a culture of their own and stay the course.
Owner/partners store structure is not conducive to successfully providing the best value and service to the client base. Each partnered location is focused on their individual location regardless of what is best and most cost effective to the customer. Stores and sales continually travel past other locations to provide service that would be less expensive to the customer from the closer location.
Pros
Local family owned
Cons
To many contract position with perceived authority over actual employees leading confusion, stress and poor environment
bad management
my first day as a tire technician i was had sweeping floors, eventually i learned to use the tire machines but there was never enough work so i was just told to sweep floors for 6 hours and at the end of the day we would pressure wash the whole floor
Great work experience. Enjoyed my time there and management was supportive and helpful in everything that happened. Definitely recommend applying here.
Stressful work for little money.
Employees are treated poorly by a very hot headed owner and are very underpaid. When work is slow you will find yourself doing nothing for hours during your shift. Mind numbing work. No advancement opportunities.
Great Environment
Work 5 days a week, helpful management, good location, new location with modern equipment, friendly City in Chestermere who support local. Easy access.
No Leadership
Warehouse Manager is so incompetent!! Zero leadership. Driving a lift truck on the coated floors of the addition is the same as driving on ice in the summer. Humidity makes the floors sweat and become unsafe. Stoners on afternoon shift flying high on fork lifts. Avoid this employer!!!
All around decent place.
Great people to work with, I would go back if I could. Good atmosphere, decent benefits and good management made Tirecraft an easygoing place to earn a living.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tirecraft?
I was hired Shortly after interview
I am looking for reduced hours and closer to my home. Bayswater. Happy to work . Always on time and show up. Miss very little time. Customer service is paramount and safety in the operation of company vehicles as well as customer vehicle as well. Treat others with respect.
Chaotic, poor workmanship
All about getting the job done regardless of how you have to "hack" it. Owner works on the floor and oversees/micro manages everything. Poor quality of work is losing customers. Tools are broken. Have to work outside in the wet/cold.
benefits
Cons
micromanaging owner, poor treatment, lack of consideration for employees, dirty, no or broken tools
productive, fun and meet great
Great place to work, fun, challenging and meet great customers
Tire season extremely busy

Hardest part of the job was going out into the cold

Most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with
Ok if you can handle environment
I really liked working here when i first started, but after about a year i started to realize that i was really underpaid and overworked. They are very reluctant to give raises. They do have benefits and paid holiday days so that alright i guess.
Awesome customers and co-workers
Good place to work. If you push yourself you will be rewarded with advancement, but you have to ask for raises. Decent benefits and wages. Really great people to work with and for!
busy tire shop
changing oil or transmission fluids, install new or used tires also tire repairs followed by tire balancing as well rust spray vehicals other duties include day to day cleaning of the shop maintain work trucks storage of customer tires
Great Management, awesome staff
My time at Highway Tire, albeit short, was one of the nicest places I have ever worked. Very understanding owners, pay was above average and enjoyed the day to day challenges and camaraderie with the other staff. Highly recommend working there!
Excellent
Excellent management and fellow staff members best tire shop I have worked in my career as a tire tech... customer service is first and have tools.to work with...
Fun place to work
I started as a very green tire technician and within a few months I was able to compete with senior technicians. I had a lot of pride, joy and high expectations for myself.
Pros
pleasant environment
Cons
Very labour intensive
fun,productive workplace
Good place to work, fun job learned lots about vehicles, tires, etc.
management was always good to me, good hours and its a very productive place, lots of work gets done.
Pros
good people
Cons
days off
absoulutley amazing place to work at
the work was super easy but not enough to be boring. there were the odd curve balls thrown at me however it was never anything crazy and the people never hesitated to give me help if i really needed it.
Pros
perfect hours
Cons
unstable work
I liked it Here
One of my best jobs ever, these people were great. The managers were nice and helpful, and the co-workers were the same. The clients greatly appreciated the work the was done. this is a good place to work.
Pros
good people and good work
Cons
seasonal
Small family business
During my time at Tirecraft there seemed to be a lot of family drama during operation hours. That drama leaked in to the lives of the other staff, i found that to be pretty unusual
Pros
fun job
Cons
drama