TIPS Personnel logo
TIPS Personnel

TIPS Personnel Employee Reviews

Unprofessional

The other recruiters there would wear booty shorts while conducting face to face interviews with men. Very unprofessional work environment. They would also call people’s resumes dumb while there were people waiting in the reception area. Profanity was used constantly while potential employees were around to hear

Pros

Pay was ok

Cons

6:00 am shift

Never apply here

This place is not serious and secure.they don’t ask for any banking info and expect me to work without getting paid and they jus want to use u for a week and get rid of u NEVER APPLY OR EVEN BOTHER LOOKING AT THERE ADS

Pros

Cons

They live in Calgary u can’t slide on them

19 May 2021
We are so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our service!! If you have not been paid for whatever reason; please immediately contact us at our main office and we will make sure things are rectified with you :) hope you here from you today!!! TEAM TIPS 403-216-0030!

Fun and fulfilling!

Love working at tips! Everyday is different from the next. The people are wonderful and helpful. Variety of different jobs for a large group of skilled individuals!

Temp laborer

I had a brief stint with TIPS . The people I dealt with at the agency seemed decent and you could usually get work if you called in early in the morning however the jobs that they sent me to were tough and low paying. I moved on fairly quickly.

Pros

Quick work, weekly pay.

Cons

Hard jobs, low pay.

19 January 2021
We are sorry that you had a negative experience with our jobs in Lethbridge! We appreciate you trying them out.

warehouse experience .

During my typical word day,i am resposible for overseeing my teams as they progress on various task.i check in and help them with any issue they may be having .what i learn there is hard work brings you more respect and satisfaction,also paying attention to details in job you will definetely get reward .superiors will surely appriciate you for the simple steps that you take and make job more easier.

Pros

free snacks

Cons

short breaks

Never work here!!! Never ever been swore at by any business until I went here

Staff at calgary location swear at clients if want to get info about a job before giving personal information. I have never in my life been swore at by any of the thousands of companies ive worked for, had a professional relation with, or entered as a customer untill I enetered into tips calgary Never have I been treated so disrespectful so unprofessional ANY EMPLOYEE AT ANY COMPANY WHO SWEAR AT A CLIENT OR CUSTOMER SHOULD BE FIRED!!!!!

Pros

Cons

Being insulted and disrepected

Not the best

worked with Tips for 3months or more . I was a hard worker and supervisor never complained. Suddenly I was sent home from the job and I expected them to be more understanding, instead they acted like I did not matter .

Pros

non i can think of

Cons

Working from the heart is truly remarkable

What an amazing team to be a part of! I will always use them as my support system!The most amazing staff no matter who is working :)I feel like a team member every job that I am sent onI work at my convenienceBest company that I have ever worked for! Thank you TIPS for always supporting me and my family!

Pros

flexible hours, good pay structure, give aways, best staff

Cons

Early mornings ...hahah but I'm working; so that makes it worth it!

great place to work

I worked at tips 2014 in the summer between university. The staff was always great to me but the jobs were sometimes rough to be honest. I went back recently in 2020 for some fill in work between jobs and they have completely improved the types of work and jobs you can get. I was offered full time and honestly if i wasn't already working, I would have taken it. The office ladies are all awesome and friendly and they know what they are doing. I have seen it, if you have the right attitude and work hard, they will always have work for you. The best way to get work is to go to the office for there dispatch and try out the jobs they have.I will always use TIPS when I need work.

Pros

friendly, busy and hard working

Productive and socialized

I learnt how to build iron shelves, The hardest part of the job is to locate where place i am to work. The company is a good place to work but basically he company takes a certain amount from my salary after two weeks of payment.

4 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We do want to let you know that there are absolutely no fees that come off of any employee cheques. If you have a discrepancy, please contact the payroll department.

Jobs at TIPS Personnel

See more jobs

Competative and fun workspace!

It is basically firstcome-firstserve on the job for the day. but the thing I liked the most was; you get to set your own schedule. You get paid everyweek.

4 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We did want to clarify that it is NEVER a first come- first serve basis. We do our best to match the candidate with the position that would best suit them. We base it off of work experience, attitude and willingness!

Casual

Pretty okay I guess, Work hard and have a good attitude. Some weeks you can be sent out everyday, and some weeks you're without work. All depends on how busy they are. Overall Tips has been good to me

Tips Personnel

Working for tips was good because they always sent me out for work , however when i messed up one time they never let me back and i don't agree with that .

Good Temporary Work resource

The Tips company will provide Safety training and equipment after the interview process. You can make extra money if you are able to drive co-workers with you to the job sites. Tips will support their Temps if you report an unsafe work environments, be aware of dangerous job assignments and ask questions to be prepared!

4 September 2020
Absolutely! Our goal it to ensure all of our employees are safe when they are at work. If you are ever in a situation where you feel uncomfortable, always let us know right away!

staff does not consider workers goals

These people only want to fill labour positions . They do not in any way help people succeed. I was being verbally abused at a worksite and i informed the staff at tips on 3 seperate occations , The reply i recieved was to keep my mouth shut and smile.

4 September 2020
We are very sorry to hear that this is how you feel. We take complaints very seriously and our staffs response to your complaint should never have been this. Please feel free to call and talk to management.

An amazing place to grow your experience

I was very nervous since it was my first job at the food industry. I taught me a lot about customer service while serving alcohol and food. It served me as an stepping stone in my serving/restaurant career. The manager was so nice to me and she said that she was going to help me gain as much experience as possible.

Company

Awsome work environment and great team mates. They provide flexible hours and lots of training so that you can feel confient on the job. They were undestanding and very willing to hel[p

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

long periods standing

Lots of work and jobs to be had

Very well managed and the employees treated you great. Opportunity to try out many different jobs. Ability to make money in the short term. Cons would be finding it difficult to find long term work/placement

Poor Management

Found the management to be disrespectful and disorganized. Poor wage for too much work. Lack of communication and poor treatment of staff. overall do not recommend.

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

everything imaginable

4 September 2020
We are sorry you feel this way. Please feel free to contact us to chat more.

Very productive and enjoyable

i enjoyed the job im doing. I learned more things that are helpful for assembler. The hardest part of this job is to get it straight and perfect. the management is great. Its a normal day at work like always.

Pros

Free coffe

Cons

Good place to work. Usually had work for the people who were looking for work. Staff were great to deal with, knew there jobs and provided a great work atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TIPS Personnel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement