Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Centre logo
Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Centre

Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Centre Employee Reviews

This is a fun place to work, management is fantastic

I worked there and I feel that management are fair with their staff. The team's are very understanding with new staff. I always felt loved by the children who were under our care.

Pros

Great staff and management

Cons

Long hours sometimes

Great Place to work!

I've always looked forward to going to work at Tiny Hoppers. There has been a change in management, which has made the environment a lot more positive and enjoyable. It feels like family. The staff are well supported and the management team really shows their appreciation - almost monthly - with different activities or ways to thank them. Every day is different, but it's always fun. There are multiple workshop opportunities to further advance professional development. We have a great team with low turn over.

Pros

Staff appreciation

Cons

Sometimes long days

Do not recommend working here

Owner and management were very unprofessional. They do not care about ratios and new COVID guidelines. They frequently show favouritism among the employees. They have unprofessional boundaries and delegate their job to their employees. Work culture is toxic, unsupportive, and overwhelming.

Pros

kids are great

Cons

no respect for the employees

I feel so sorry for those families...

My interview? "Can you be here every day for 7?" That was IT. No questions about me experience, why I wanted to work for the company, nothing about me, zilch. My first thought was "If my child were here I would want more screening for educators." The staff there were all young with no educational or working background working with children, which was evident when they failed to count the children on field trips, said the children's faces were "gross" if they had food on them or needed a tissue and made outrageously racist remarks towards them. They would stand around talking about which kids were cute and which they couldn't stand IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN. When I pointed out concerns they ostracized me. They did not like being advised about how they should model positive behaviour and language in front of the children. I was only trying to look out for the safety and security of the children. They give you an impossible amount of work to complete DURING YOUR BREAK (which is illegal!) or during the time you should be helping the children fall asleep. One day a child fell and hit their head because they were jumping on their bed and the educator didn't see them because they were busy sweeping and mopping when they are supposed to be attending to the children! They ignored ratios frequently so that "friends" could go on break together. 1 educator in a room with 24 children and they are too busy doing cleaning and writing in journals to see one fall off their bed! The music was so loud she didn't even hear her wailing... luckily the chef walked by and saw her on the ground! -

Cons

too many to name!

Excellent management and workpalce

Upper management are extremely nice. I can see they are aiming to have a culture of caring for all staff. This is definitely a place I would want to stay long term.

Fun place to work

It a good place to work in Tiny Hoppers FC with great welcoming families to mingle. Great learning and adorable children. Best staff and a very comfortable place to work with understandable co-workers.

Terrible place

Lots of gossiping/trash talk about other workers in the centre, a very negative atmosphere. They did have uniforms which wasn't too bad as they were provided by them. Hours were decent as well. They had good part time options.

Amazing team!

This place has an incredible team, from teachers to owners. The environment is fun and positive. Although it’s a demanding job, everyone works so well together! The care, support and level of involvement from the owners really makes this a wonderful place to be!

Pros

Staff and owners

No work, life, balance- stress

In theory this daycare seems to be all anyone would want to fulfill a goal of lifelong learning and childcare development; however, this is not the case as the management are intimidating, rude, demanding and unhelpful. The wage is not competitive enough to meet the daily expectations of life, and it is run as if it's not a team environment.

Terrible work atmosphere

Lots of gossiping about other staff members in the room I worked in, not much attention on the children. If you were a Level 1, you were treated like a maid basically, whereas other centres it doesn't matter what level you are, you are a part of the team and decisions in the classroom and work together, at Tiny Hoppers if you are a level 1 you will be only scrubbing the floors and cleaning shelves while the other staff take that time to relax, gossip and trash talk.

Jobs at Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Centre

See more jobs

Time at Tiny Hoppers Riverside South

I started there in January and I was a bit nervous because I met a lot of workers but by the end of the first and second week I wasn’t nervous. Everyone is like a family there

Wouldn't recommend working there

The girls that worked there were nice. The direction was also nice but the owners....omg...worst ppl ever . Greedy, dumb, uneducated... wouldn't go back there if you paid me

Good

A great place to work, the pay is not the greatest but the job itself is satisfying. You need a lot of patience with the children and have to be prepared to entertain all day. This job is great for someone who loves children & being on their feet all day chasing after them. You will fall in love with this job if you come into the day with a positive attitude!

A great experience and very meaningful interactions.

I have worked for this company for many years and have taken my experience to heart. I had many great connections with staff and parents. However, I have always been disappointed in the management skills and conduction of the center.

Team oriented

There are parts of the job that are fun! Fast paced environment. Parents and children are welcoming and nice. Great community interest and support for staff and children.

Pros

Statutory holidays off! Wage enhancement

Cons

Long days

Like working with the children, families, and co-workers

Tiny Hoppers is a great daycare to work at and the staff are great people and the children and their families. It was a great experience to work at Tiny Hoppers in Kanata!!!!

Pros

Staff would help and if you need help.

Cons

Not a long lunch hour.

Fun Work Enviroment

Always enjoyed going to work while employed with Tiny Hoppers. Management was great! There was open communication. Working with staff here was good. A family atmosphere.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Commute

Co-op Student

My experience as a co-op student at Tiny Hoppers was pretty enjoyable, management was very friendly and so was the employees. Employees were always willing to help me out with various tasks and the kids were just fun to be around.

a lot of cleaning but in all i really injoyed my time there

i loved tiny hoppers a lot, they have such great staff working there and the organization is amazing. everyday coming into coop id be so happy because all of the kids. i had may tasks on a daily. either cleaning, doing an activity with the kids, setting up activities, disinfecting, playing with the kids... etc.

Pros

the experience

Cons

the many cleaning tasks i had, i just wish it was more hands on for me as a student

Great place to work, amazing atmosphere and fantatic management

Loved working as an ECE for tiny hoppers Findlay creek. The management was amazing and my boss was easy to get along with, my co-workers were all very friendly and the children were great. Loved working with so many little ones and helping them build their knowledge for kindergarten!

Very Fun Place To Work

Great Place to work and very accommodating to parents with children. Always feel good about asking to be accommodated with our child's doctors appointments, school activities etc

Pros

Accomodating for Parents with Kids

Cons

Salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement