Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Centre
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Centre Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews

Great place

Working at this centre was a great experience. The centre offers a warm and welcoming environment with great staff, owners, parents, and kids.

I have met all the amazing people

I had a good working period with all the current owner, the staffs and lovely parents. I learned a lot from the owner, staffs, parents. We have made a lot of memories together for 4 years.

Pros

I miss the lunch time with my staffs

Cons

Long hours and low salary

Insights into Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Centre

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Fulfilling and Fun Workplace

The teamwork the staff has is incredible, it was organized, fun and I met amazing people that made coming to work something to look forward to each morning. Working with the children and watching them learn and grow was the most fulfilling feeling I’ve had in a job. I would definitely recommend joining their team!

Not that fun

Depending on location, but the educators are not getting paid enough for the work they do. Lots of expectations. And can fire you anytime they want. Was working 9 hours and was getting only 30 minutes break, was expected to get 10 to 15 minutes before shift for free and was staying about 10-15 minutes after closing for end of day cleaning tasks.

Nice to work here

Good place to work temporarily. Not enough to reach life financial goal. The colleagues are good and collaborates effectively. The families share good relationship with the staff.

Love it at Tiny Hoppers

Love it at London Tiny Hoppers. Pay isn’t the greatest but that’s not Tiny hoppers fault it’s the governments. The management is great and there are benefits for dental and vision as well

Worst place to work at. Over worked with little pay and always in a stressed environment. Lack of communication and no appreciation towards staff.

Have better and FAIR!!! salaries and less talking down to people. Use communication especially in regards to major changes within the centre. Overworking staff for 16 dollars is UNACCEPTABLE!

Great location to work, fun, supportive

Tiny Hoppers London, has a great management team, the director is understanding, and supportive. One of the best Supervisors I have had. Great team of coworkers, we all support each other and lean on each other. Centre provides supplies for our room, Management tries to be accomodating to make sure staff have a work - family life balance

Busy daycare. Professional. A need to listen to employees more for feed back on the ground work and changes in order to grow better.

Busy daycare. Professional. A need to listen to employees more for feed back as they are directly one on one with the children. Often created an on edge work space. Sanitary yes. They keep up to date with sanitary protocols. Efforts in trying to keep up with the ever changing world and events of COVID. Hard working employees.

Pros

Free lunches.

Cons

Not listening to employees that have good intentions for growth of work place.

Fast-paced, high pressure - but good experience with kids.

great coworkers and children — very long shifts and a lot of duties beyond child care. If you work as a teachers assistant, you’ll be doing just as much work as the teachers, if not more, for much less pay. There are also many expectations that can become overwhelming, especially in the preschool rooms. There is a lot of pressure to come in when you are sick so long as you test negative. To put it in perspective, not many people last past 3 months here.

Pros

Great coworkers, amazing kiddos, monday to Friday shifts (no random weekends)

Cons

Long hours, overwhelming duties, pressure to come in while sick.

It was a nice place to work.

I liked working at Tiny Hoppers for the most part. People were friendly. You learned together. There were children that needed support but did not get it. People worked well together. Cleanliness of the classroom was extremely important.

Pros

Pay is better than most places. Lunches made on site and were very good.

Cons

Having to do facebook posts a lot, communication could have been more open and no professional development days or inclusion services.

Amazing place to work

Management is very supportive and helpful. It is a very nurturing environment for new ECEs. As well as encouraging their staff to use show their strengths as a childcare provider and to learn from their team mates. Couldn’t be happier 🥰

Pros

Supportive management, makes sure each staff member has a sense of belonging, and that their ideas matter

Very Supportive Environment

Management is very supportive and they’re easy to talk to. Any time I’ve had to voice concerns they actually work to help out. Hours are flexible especially for part time, and they are great when understanding university schedules.

Pros

Staff can join in on snack time.

Cons

Depending on the classroom, it can be very fast paced

This is a fun place to work, management is fantastic

I worked there and I feel that management are fair with their staff. The team's are very understanding with new staff. I always felt loved by the children who were under our care.

Pros

Great staff and management

Cons

Long hours sometimes

Great Place to work!

I've always looked forward to going to work at Tiny Hoppers. There has been a change in management, which has made the environment a lot more positive and enjoyable. It feels like family. The staff are well supported and the management team really shows their appreciation - almost monthly - with different activities or ways to thank them. Every day is different, but it's always fun. There are multiple workshop opportunities to further advance professional development. We have a great team with low turn over.

Pros

Staff appreciation

Cons

Sometimes long days

Do not recommend working here

Owner and management were very unprofessional. They do not care about ratios and new COVID guidelines. They frequently show favouritism among the employees. They have unprofessional boundaries and delegate their job to their employees. Work culture is toxic, unsupportive, and overwhelming.

Pros

kids are great

Cons

no respect for the employees

I feel so sorry for those families...

My interview? "Can you be here every day for 7?" That was IT. No questions about me experience, why I wanted to work for the company, nothing about me, zilch. My first thought was "If my child were here I would want more screening for educators." The staff there were all young with no educational or working background working with children, which was evident when they failed to count the children on field trips, said the children's faces were "gross" if they had food on them or needed a tissue and made outrageously racist remarks towards them. They would stand around talking about which kids were cute and which they couldn't stand IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN. When I pointed out concerns they ostracized me. They did not like being advised about how they should model positive behaviour and language in front of the children. I was only trying to look out for the safety and security of the children. They give you an impossible amount of work to complete DURING YOUR BREAK (which is illegal!) or during the time you should be helping the children fall asleep. One day a child fell and hit their head because they were jumping on their bed and the educator didn't see them because they were busy sweeping and mopping when they are supposed to be attending to the children! They ignored ratios frequently so that "friends" could go on break together. 1 educator in a room with 24 children and they are too busy doing cleaning and writing in journals to see one fall off their bed! The music was so loud she didn't even hear her wailing... luckily the chef walked by and saw her on the ground! -

Cons

too many to name!

Excellent management and workpalce

Upper management are extremely nice. I can see they are aiming to have a culture of caring for all staff. This is definitely a place I would want to stay long term.

Fun place to work

It a good place to work in Tiny Hoppers FC with great welcoming families to mingle. Great learning and adorable children. Best staff and a very comfortable place to work with understandable co-workers.

Terrible place

Lots of gossiping/trash talk about other workers in the centre, a very negative atmosphere. They did have uniforms which wasn't too bad as they were provided by them. Hours were decent as well. They had good part time options.

No work, life, balance- stress

In theory this daycare seems to be all anyone would want to fulfill a goal of lifelong learning and childcare development; however, this is not the case as the management are intimidating, rude, demanding and unhelpful. The wage is not competitive enough to meet the daily expectations of life, and it is run as if it's not a team environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tiny Hoppers Early Learning Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement