Timothy's World Coffee Employee Reviews

Work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2018
It’s fun to work with a positive environment, especially when you’re working with such an amazing crew and manager. However, it just sucks when it became a franchise store, everything suddenly changed. This was one of the reason why I wanted to leave because of lack of management. Yet, I would say that working for Timothy’s was quite amazing despite the fact that they were cutting our hours and not getting paid for our breaks any more which really sucks.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not getting paid for our breaks and lack of management
Varies
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2018
The owner I had was amazing, but i have heard that there are issues with other ones. Danielle was nothing but amazing to me. I know that the other locations around Ottawa were not great.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Early Mornings
Hit and miss
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my time at Timothy's. The ending left a sour taste in my mouth but that was for personal reasons. There is definitely room to grow professionally if thats what you want but the every day interactions with the guests are what its all about.
Very Enjoyable Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2018
The bosses were very respectful towards the employees and gave all of us a safe and positive working environment. The customers around the area have commented on how friendly our supervisors were and how respectable they were.
Fun place to work.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2018
Very relaxed and mellow paced work place. Simple tasks, overall a simple job. The drink menu is easy to learn. Morning and lunch rushes can be kind of hectic though.
Learn how to make Late. Gain new experience
Cashier / Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2018
Every morning people buy their coffee before going to work and that means it is a very busy morning. Learned to move fast in order to served a fresh and hot coffee.
Pros
employee's discount
Typical day at Timothy's
Barista (Current Employee) –  Scarborough Town Centre, ON28 September 2017
A typical day at Timothy's World Coffee consisted of coming in for your 2PM shift and counting down until the clock turned to 9PM so you could go home. At this company, I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and how to solve problems on the spot. I also learned how to multitask and that there's always something new to learn about companies and management every day. But, I also learned that management is unfair and that they tend to take advantage of you or they sometimes don't do their jobs properly with no regards in how it'll affect you at the end of the day. I wouldn't say that Timothy's was filled with a variety of different races, but I would say that it was a good mix of different cultures.
Pros
1 free food and 1 free drink.
Cons
Standing all day
Fun
Barista/General Coffee Server (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 September 2017
Small store but big learning experiences, learned a lot from the employees about brewing coffee making drinks etc. Management felt like family, very flexible and understanding. Would recommend working here.
Pros
Discount on food and drinks
Cons
small store
Learning Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 September 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with clients. Very friendly group of employees- all hard working. Learned many things about coffee and tea.
Good Company, Bad Management
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 August 2017
Was a good and fairly easy job to work in, but did not enjoy one of the managers who I worked with on a daily basis. Did not know how to treat his staff at all. Also worked 7 days a week, every week because shifts were short.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Management, Hours
Great people, great place to work at.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2017
Unfortunately they don't have evening shifts which is why i had to quit but it was a great job. Management is great, treated their employees with respect and were always understanding. Always tried to help.
Best workplace ever
Barista (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 April 2017
The owners were so fantastic and kind. They were really hard working and cared about their employees. They were really flexible when staff could not make it in. Was a great place to work and start a first-time job.
Pros
Excellent Management
Used to be a good place to work
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Great quality of coffee and freshness. The company unfortunately losing market shares because of not having a great understanding of the market and no focus.
Cons
Very long hours
Funworking environment with great staff and excellent management
Barista, Cashier, Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2017
Fantastic working environment. The staff was friendly and worked together as a unit with a alongside a wonderful management team that worked to be as accommodating as they could.
Review summary:
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
Having this as a job taught me how to work fast pace and maintain a clean elegant enviroment and handle orders quick. It also made me understand respect and attitude.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Short hours
Excellent Customer Service
Barista/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2017
Working at this company, I was trained fully as a skillful barista and enjoyed my job. With a great environment, I thought it has been an awesome place to work with.
Flight Attending was hard work
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2016
Within my time at this company I was trained fully as a skillful flight attendant and enjoyed my job. The hours were long and I even worked through the late nights, but the crew members and company itself took care of each person both with keeping us safe and financially taken care of. I would to it again.
Love the enviornment
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2016
Guest are amazing and location is prime for entertainment.
Typical day would be making drinks and sandwiches.
Learned how to be a leader and to manage the place by myself.
Staff there are really nice and friendly.
Hardest part is dealing with a customer that is stubborn or in a bad mood.
Most enjoyable part is having a positive environment.
Pros
customers
Cons
needs renovation
Multitasking Job
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2016
Great environment to work in. Always moving on your feet. Fast paced work environment, time went by quick lots of happy customers.Downtown location was great. Good team to work with.
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Feet and back hurt after a long days of work
Cozy Place to work
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto Onatario9 September 2015
There will be some busy days and some not so busy days. You have to be prepared all the time for the customer. Not the perfect management but doable. Co-workers are extremely helpful. Hardest part of the job is when you have to think for your manager, the most enjoyable part of the job is when the day ends without complaints.
Pros
Chrsitmas Party treats
Cons
Too much job for one person sometimes