TIMBERLAND EQUIPMENT Employee Reviews

Productive and engineering based company
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON19 May 2018
challenging area are for mechanical engineers
from 8 to 4:30
you can see and manufacture you design
great place to work
have fun lunch with colleagues
worst management i have ever seen.
sales (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON20 February 2018
very unorganized. management couldn't tie their shoes without instructions. they seem to have their little group who thinks they know everything and no one else knows anything. no one seems to know what is going on there. money was ok but would not recommend it to anyone who wants to excel. company is struggling financially.
Pros
Cons
very bad managment
Every day is different
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, Ontario20 June 2017
The advantage of working for a custom engineered company is that almost every project has a different problem that you have to learn how to solve different. It makes the days go by quickly and you're always learning new skills and thinking of different ways to problem solve.
Great pay if you can handle the fluctuating workload
Production Welder (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON15 November 2016
A typical day includes a lot of the typical fab shop work. Welding, grinding, etc.

I learned how to successfully weld a full penetration weld every time with FCAW. I think I mastered the abilities they required for that particular job. I also learned how to repair rework a lot of different things in my time there.

In terms of management, nobody ever seems to know what's going on out on the floor. We have an in house engineering department that cant seem to figure out how to work with the fab shop. a lot of time and money is wasted by building machinery and painting it only to turn around and grind it all off and rework the parts to deal with engineering hiccups.

Co-workers...it seems the more seniority you have the less work you actually have to do. of the 3 highest guys on the list, I'm sure their combined bathroom visits equals out to be about 25 hours per week. Some only work 5 hrs of a shift and sit with their feet up the rest of the day,

The hardest part of the job at Timberland is dealing with the lack of work. It goes in waves where you can be swamped one week and sweeping the floor the next 3. The weld shop supervisor can be your best friend one minute and worst enemy the next. He cant seem to find a balance.

The best part of the job is the pay. They pay extremely well.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Poor management
Great company to work for, great benefits and open to flexability
Welder/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON3 February 2016
Hard to find a place to work that you can make great money to pay the bills and feed my family. Timberland has opportunities to advance in different positions.
Cons
Lay offs
Welder (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON6 August 2014
Great learning experience, liasoning with NDE personell was a blast!
Pros
great pay, great hours of work
Cons
Company was sold, then moved out of country