Timbercreek Communities Employee Reviews

Worse place to work no job security
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 April 2017
Beware of the Regional Manager. She is a snake and a manipulator. If she doesn't like you she will get rid of you. A total liar. She is in control. You can work there for years and she has no respect.
Office Administration and Leasing Coordinator not much training given
Residential Leasing Coordinator & Admin. Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2017
I loved working at Timbercreek but if I had not had over 30 years of administrative experience I would have been unable to work there. The other employees were wonderful to me but there was very little training given. Very, very busy place and too much running to other buildings all over the city. Sometimes people did not cooperate fully in the leasing field as they felt I was going to take their commissions. That was not the case as I was employed by the hour with Randstad.
Pros
Learning new talent
Cons
Lack of training and understanding
not a good place to work
former building manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2017
for me I felt that the work load was getting bigger by the week with no compensation for the workload. there needs to be a balance. if you want us to work fine but it must balance the workload as well and stop being so greedy for money and power that is not what life is about. people work to live not live to work. also there should be a team effort for the company but there is not. it is a here's the key there's your job go. when I first started for them it was great by the time I left it was not good at all they work all of us like slaves more or less added on work but pay stayed the same all companies need to balance out the work/pay thing or don't get big and poison yourself with money. People make you money b/c they work for you.
Pros
its a job
Cons
mostly everything
Fast-paced industry
Admin & Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON21 February 2017
I've learned to balance priorities in a breakneck speedy environment.
Management could benefit from listening to employees concerns and balancing employees tasks more efficiently and hiring more people to balance current employees tasks. Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and helping them find the most suitable product for them and keeping current residents happy. Most difficult part of the job is balancing work and home life. Too many tasks for one individual (due to essentially executing 3 full time positions daily).
Place is good to live and work for but Salary isn't enough
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 July 2016
I enjoy the type of work required with the Position , as I am a very hard and dedicated Employee , I am for Success , however; the pay is minimum and not enough to live off of , I am hoping to relocate in Edmonton with a Company that pays better or with another Company that can provide a more stable way of living
Pros
great place to work
Cons
pay is insufficient
Timbercreek
Building Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2016
It was a grate experience working at Timbercreek Group.
I learn several procedures and my co-workers were grate persons.
Was a very nice environment of work and the managers where always there to listen our comments, and make you feel like a real team.
We have free parking for the employees and there was always flexibility with our schedule of work. Is a very big company that always take care of the people that work for them. I have very nice friends from working in Timbercreek.
Timbercreek offers a wide variety of rental apartments in some of the most dynamic areas of the city including the trendy Plateau District, and the heart of historic and bustling downtown Montreal.
Pros
good environment
Cons
physical job
Building manager
Building manager/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2016
Learned to be a building manager, worked lots of hours through the week, it was a great learning experience for me and i learned alot from this position
Environnement peu intéressant
Agente de location pour la compagnie (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 March 2016
Emploi non intéressant, je me tournais les pouces au travail.
an interesting company to work for
Jr. Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON28 January 2016
This Company has its ups and downs. They went though a lot of staff members because people were under valued. they valued the employees that were not able to complete their jobs.
tres agreable
Agent de sécurité (stage) (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC10 December 2015
adorer lexperience sa ma beaucoup aporter comme experience en securite privee
Former rental agent
Leasing (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 December 2015
In my experience with this company was overall okay
I gave more than I received
Not a loyal company and they will feed you to the wolves the minutes they get a chance
The management expects way too much and there is never any funds to support it , they want you to give up your weekends and your time without any recognition
They simply don't appreciate anyone! !!
Pros
Free lunch ??? Haha
Cons
No free lunch
Run, run fast.
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 November 2015
Simply awful. You should take my advice and look elsewhere. There is no loyalty here. You are just a number and will be fed to the wolves if it is convenient for the company.

Also, there is an expectation for a level of service, but will not provide any money to provide that service and then blame you for the poor service.
Pros
No micro managing
Cons
Zero loyalty
Great place to work and live
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax NS12 September 2015
Its a great place to work and live , you get to know the residents on a personal level. You will make relationships that will last forever. It is great to have a new and exciting moment every day.
Simply Awful
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB25 August 2015
Similar to their Wpg. properties this organization looks great from the outside but once employed you'll find the insides rotten. From the top down this company preaches a 'winning mentality' yet their leadership group continues to fail year after year while fostering a culture of blame/ignorance 'cascading' down to all employees. Until such time true changes take place with the core leadership this outfit shall remain a failure. The staff turnover rate is extremely high & know that despite what one is told during on-boarding you're expected to be available 24/7, no exceptions. With their lemon product clearly over-priced for the Wpg market & leaderships' gross lack of accountability, employment is not only stressful but also a proverbial black hole for positivity, creativity, & career advancement. Simply put, this is just not a good place to work.
Pros
Lots of work to keep busy, health benefits
Cons
Summary below combined with living your job 24/7 with no end & no support
Fun to work at
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 February 2015
a typical day would consist of
interacting with people
collecting of monies
maintence of units and building
cleaning of building interior and exterior
managing assistant managers making sure they are doing their jobs.
dealing with contractors
most enjoyable thing I liked was that I was my own boss and could set me day at my own pace
Great Place to work
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2015
Timbercreek is a great place to work for someone who is just starting their career. There is great advancement and great benefits.
Pros
On the job Training
Cons
Great management, good focus on teamwork and collaborative workplace. Excellent support for staff and training programs.
Operations Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2014
Great management techniques, thorough, holistic, comprehensive forward-looking plan for the company, and makes all their employees feel like part of the team.
Good Pay but lacking in direction and no sense of empowerment to do my job
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 February 2014
I was hired as a manager but it was only in name. I didn't feel that I had any authority once so ever. I was given very little guidance in the direction that I was expected to go. I was terminated 2 days prior to my 90 probation period, being told that my position was being eliminated.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Lack of empowerment to do my job