Timbercreek Communities Employee Reviews for Building Manager

Some Ups and some downs
BUILDING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 January 2019
Building Management is a great job if you work for a great company.

Timber Creek management doesn't know their head from a hole in the ground.

Its all about the dollar sign for them not the people.

It's unfortunate it did not work out for us, we really did enjoy the job itself and the people in our close net community.
Pros
The community
Cons
The Management
building manager
Building Manager - (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2018
make sure your lobbies and common areas are clean and meet up with vendors and prospective residents. long days and live on site. cleaning of unitsa as well
Pros
free rent
Cons
live in the building
Building Manager
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 October 2018
A typical day at Timbercreek was making sure the common areas were cleaned before 8am. I would then go thought the work orders for the day and meet up with prospective residents and vendors. I would also order stock needed for the buildings and contact vendors for specific issues I could not repair. in the afternoon I would do the administrative work and look over the Arrears in the building and knock on doors. at the end of the day I would make sure the lobby was cleaned again and sometime finish up the unit turn cleaning or repairs as needed.

The hardest part of the job was the long days and being on call 24/7

the best part of the job was the resident interactions.
Pros
I had my unit paid for
Cons
very long hors... basically on call 24/7
A job that is more of a lifestyle
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2017
Timbcreek is one of the industries largest and fastest growing companies. Working for the company is certainly more of a lifestyle than it is a job, it truly is a full time position, having to be available 24/7
Pros
Excellent upper management
Cons
On call 24/7
Building Manager
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2017
I loved these buildings because they were cute older buildings with plenty of character. But the downside is also that they were older buildings. There were constantly mechanical deficiencies. The tenants were often rude, and ungrateful, but all in all not a horrible experience. I personally craved my privacy and ultimately moved onto a new career
A Typical Day at Work
Building Manager's (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 June 2017
I always enjoyed my ride down the elevator, the good mornings to many of the residents, leaving to start their day. Our walk around the building, to make sure all is safe and clean for our residents.

Into the office, open computer to see what is new for the day, what applications were approved or not. Keeping communication open with management on daily and routine check ups.

The hardest part of the job was finding time to go for lunch! Very busy day, between resident visits, or complaints, filing information for my husband and making sure we had the communication and services to deal with a problem in the building.

I loved my job!
Pros
The gratification from the Residents.
Cons
Not always having the means to help repair apartments when needed.
Worse place to work no job security
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 April 2017
Beware of the Regional Manager. She is a snake and a manipulator. If she doesn't like you she will get rid of you. A total liar. She is in control. You can work there for years and she has no respect.
not a good place to work
former building manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2017
for me I felt that the work load was getting bigger by the week with no compensation for the workload. there needs to be a balance. if you want us to work fine but it must balance the workload as well and stop being so greedy for money and power that is not what life is about. people work to live not live to work. also there should be a team effort for the company but there is not. it is a here's the key there's your job go. when I first started for them it was great by the time I left it was not good at all they work all of us like slaves more or less added on work but pay stayed the same all companies need to balance out the work/pay thing or don't get big and poison yourself with money. People make you money b/c they work for you.
Pros
its a job
Cons
mostly everything
Building manager
Building manager/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2016
Learned to be a building manager, worked lots of hours through the week, it was a great learning experience for me and i learned alot from this position
Simply Awful
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg,MB25 August 2015
Similar to their Wpg. properties this organization looks great from the outside but once employed you'll find the insides rotten. From the top down this company preaches a 'winning mentality' yet their leadership group continues to fail year after year while fostering a culture of blame/ignorance 'cascading' down to all employees. Until such time true changes take place with the core leadership this outfit shall remain a failure. The staff turnover rate is extremely high & know that despite what one is told during on-boarding you're expected to be available 24/7, no exceptions. With their lemon product clearly over-priced for the Wpg market & leaderships' gross lack of accountability, employment is not only stressful but also a proverbial black hole for positivity, creativity, & career advancement. Simply put, this is just not a good place to work.
Pros
Lots of work to keep busy, health benefits
Cons
Summary below combined with living your job 24/7 with no end & no support
Fun to work at
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 February 2015
a typical day would consist of
interacting with people
collecting of monies
maintence of units and building
cleaning of building interior and exterior
managing assistant managers making sure they are doing their jobs.
dealing with contractors
most enjoyable thing I liked was that I was my own boss and could set me day at my own pace