Timbercreek Communities

Timbercreek Communities Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Ottawa, ON9 reviews
Timbercreek provides adequate training in the onboarding process and prepares individuals to properly kickstart their career and constantly challenge themselves. There are a myriad of tasks that enabled me to put my skills and due diligence into practice. The company found the right fit between my educational background and professional qualifications, and my current role.
No words can describe how much Timbercreek disappointed me. The best part is the administrative staff.. they are the only light you will get within this career. Yes, I say career because, if you are happy with staying in the same entry level position for the rest of your life, you'll be fine. Only if you can handle roaches, bedbugs, abusive (verbally and sometimes, physically) tenants. Managers who never return phone calls, and blame the admin for not handling it, when they didn't know about it or was not told about the situation. If you become manager, you will enjoy all the free lunch's and after hour dinner's. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with your admins, and then going home. Hardest part of the job is dealing with complete boredom, followed by the amount of bad stuff the residents and managers throw at you.
Working at Timbercreek gave me a lot of new opportunities and skills necessary for future jobs. It was a job that required hard working/effort, patience, strong moral, and positive work habits. In return the efforts are definitely worth the job.
I have never worked for a better group of people. I have always felt part of a larger team, and have had nothing but opportunity for advancement. The company delivers on their promises, and is always ready to ask for input. I am a long term employee and don't see myself with a future anywhere else.
Pros
Cons
Property Management is hard work
I've worked there twice and overall it was so good. Wake up at 8am and paint. I learned how to communicate with others. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment and how people respect one another.
Pros
free lunches
This was my first job. It was really fun and good experience. The supervisors were friendly, as well as other staff members in the building. The wage was more than expected. Overall really good place for teenager who are looking for their first job.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
I loved working at Timbercreek but if I had not had over 30 years of administrative experience I would have been unable to work there. The other employees were wonderful to me but there was very little training given. Very, very busy place and too much running to other buildings all over the city. Sometimes people did not cooperate fully in the leasing field as they felt I was going to take their commissions. That was not the case as I was employed by the hour with Randstad.
Pros
Learning new talent
Cons
Lack of training and understanding
for me I felt that the work load was getting bigger by the week with no compensation for the workload. there needs to be a balance. if you want us to work fine but it must balance the workload as well and stop being so greedy for money and power that is not what life is about. people work to live not live to work. also there should be a team effort for the company but there is not. it is a here's the key there's your job go. when I first started for them it was great by the time I left it was not good at all they work all of us like slaves more or less added on work but pay stayed the same all companies need to balance out the work/pay thing or don't get big and poison yourself with money. People make you money b/c they work for you.
Pros
its a job
Cons
mostly everything
I was hired as a manager but it was only in name. I didn't feel that I had any authority once so ever. I was given very little guidance in the direction that I was expected to go. I was terminated 2 days prior to my 90 probation period, being told that my position was being eliminated.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Lack of empowerment to do my job
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Timbercreek Communities?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timbercreek Communities. Our community is ready to answer.