Timbercreek Communities Employee Reviews

Worst place to work...EVER!!!
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 July 2018
The worst management team to work for! They are only there for themselves and do not support anybody else whatsoever! There is a reason they go through so many staff. If you like to work for a place where the manager is unskilled at managing staff, throws you under the bus every chance they get, keeps piling more and more work on you and holds you accountable for everything that is out of your control...then Timbercreek Communities is definitely the place for you.
Pros
The end of the day
Cons
The start of the day
Overworked
LEASING & ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 July 2018
I workwd worked 50- 70 hrs a week and cared about my job and the residents only to be treated extremely poorly by a new manager. This manager continuously was on my case for tedious nonsense all while they watched movies because they were bored. Very high stress job and they do not hire enough people all around to maintain the properties properly.
horrible place to work
Live-in Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ontario1 June 2018
-Money is horrible
-Extremely under paid
-railed up the a** everyday
A typical day at Timbercreek wake up, shower, walk out the door, get railed in the A**, header home..drink ,hang out with some ppl caller a day..wait to get some Timbercreek money see the doctor for the massive amounts of a** railing that took place and then caller.
Boss is a smoke show and pretty cool so that’s good.
I have learned to try to get out of here ASAP
Pros
Home time
Cons
I work here
Property Management gone array
Building Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 May 2018
Mismanaged Organization - Head Office has no clue what is happening in their buildings. London/Kitchener District has gone through staff like they are candy. Files are a mess, no organization or support, staff are not trained. Continue to have new staff brought in through agencies. Their are a few long term employees living on site but their have no life and eventually their usefullness will not be required . Tenants are not satisfied, long term ones seem to just make due, students rentals feel sorry for them - they are there to learn and dealing with inexperience and too many changes they get frustrated just as do the long term tenants. Coorporate office needs to wake up and see that they have Regional Managers and District Managers that probably have knowledge but have lost grip of their portfolios and just flying by the seats of the pants at times
Pros
Non
Cons
Long Hours, no support
Secretary - Doorman - Security - Leasing Agent
Secretary - Doorman - Security - Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC27 March 2018
In my experience with this company was overall okay
I gave more than I received
Not a loyal company and they will feed you to the wolves the minutes they get a chance
The management expects way too much and there is never any funds to support it , they want you to give up your weekends and your time without any recognition
They simply don't appreciate anyone! !!

I couldnt have said it any better.. but you did sugar it up a little.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Work 1 day gone the next
Very busy having to take care of almost 700 units
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2018
Day to day is different.
Always being on the go.
Work orders per day are so many.
Approximately deal with 5 on an average.
Thus this keeps me on my toes.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Communication
lots of training available. great staff
Employee (Current Employee) –  Central Ontario28 February 2018
Lots of training and learning sessions available. Salary, quarterly bonus, yearly bonuses, and benefits are really good. The manager is always available to assist any time of day/night. She will do whatever she can to help the team.
You are encouraged to take your personal time off and not be at work.
Pros
staff, managers, residents, pay
Cons
need more jobs available to move up in the company
Fun place with board games for lunch time.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2018
This was my first job. It was really fun and good experience. The supervisors were friendly, as well as other staff members in the building. The wage was more than expected. Overall really good place for teenager who are looking for their first job.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
fun
Tim Horton's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON15 January 2018
its good wok if you like fast paced work. your always doing something weather it be cleaning, taking orders, getting donuts for customers, helping drive thru, re-stocking merchandise.
Management full of liars
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2018
The Regional Office is manipulative and full of incompetent people. If you have a better idea than the Regional Manager, she uses it as her own and takes all the credit. Cost savings is above her knowledge but pretends to understand. She treats her site team like they are garbage and is phony to their face. The Administrator is a liar and makes up stories about everyone! Queen of gossip. Unfortunately the Director of Operations can't do anything about the London region because she has her hands full with the gong show in Kitchener. Do not work here if you want to keep your sanity!
Cons
A job that is more of a lifestyle
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2017
Timbcreek is one of the industries largest and fastest growing companies. Working for the company is certainly more of a lifestyle than it is a job, it truly is a full time position, having to be available 24/7
Pros
Excellent upper management
Cons
On call 24/7
Great Company
Building Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 November 2017
I love working for Timbercreek. This is an ideal company to work for if you want the ability to manage your own workload and work with minimal supervision. If you're expecting someone to hold your hand the whole time - I recommend going elsewhere.
This is a great job for work-life balance, as being a Building Admin you are not required to be available for after hours calls. You have a lot of work to do, but if you come in with a good work ethic and have time management skills, there is nothing to complain about. Building maintenance associates are required to be on call for emergencies, which will be a bit more difficult.
The high turnover is due to employees not wanting to work hard, or are unable to manage their time to accomplish all their tasks. This leads to them either quitting because they have to work long hours, or being let go because they aren't adding any value to the team.
Personally, I've felt that the Regional Office has been very supportive. If you work hard and show improvements at your properties you will be rewarded with raises, bonuses, and better employment opportunities.
Pros
Great team members to work with!
Cons
High stress
Building Manager
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2017
I loved these buildings because they were cute older buildings with plenty of character. But the downside is also that they were older buildings. There were constantly mechanical deficiencies. The tenants were often rude, and ungrateful, but all in all not a horrible experience. I personally craved my privacy and ultimately moved onto a new career
Higher Management Issues
Leasing & Admin Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON15 October 2017
Long days always on call, Even as a Leasing Specialist you are expected to do the work of a building manager without the salary. Higher management does not care about its employees, and if you question any of their decisions they will fire you and have you replaced by a temp the next day and will kick you out of your apartment in 5 Days without giving you all monies owed. There is definitely no job security. I would have rated them 0 stars but unfortunately That is not possible. If you want horrible pay for a job description that changes every day and no job security. Pick Timbercreek Communities.
Pros
Free apartment
Cons
long hours, poor higher management, no training
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
No room for advancement in the company, little down time for family or friends, expect to be worked in this company, long hours and emergency coverage.
Awful place to work with no job security
Live out Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mooregate Cres, Kitchener ON29 June 2017
After working for this company for a while I have learned to appreciate what a lot of residents go through living in a place like this.
The turn over rate for maintenance is frightening and if someone comes along who takes more than you can. See ya
I have watched so many good workers quit one after another and regional manager could care less, they know someone else is hungry out there. Do yourself a favour and look for a company with morals and understanding to the work load that is thrown at you. As said in a few reviews the regional manager is a snake.
Months of promises that never come and don't fool yourself in thinking they like you.
Pros
Working with amazing people
Cons
Everything to do with management
A Typical Day at Work
Building Manager's (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 June 2017
I always enjoyed my ride down the elevator, the good mornings to many of the residents, leaving to start their day. Our walk around the building, to make sure all is safe and clean for our residents.

Into the office, open computer to see what is new for the day, what applications were approved or not. Keeping communication open with management on daily and routine check ups.

The hardest part of the job was finding time to go for lunch! Very busy day, between resident visits, or complaints, filing information for my husband and making sure we had the communication and services to deal with a problem in the building.

I loved my job!
Pros
The gratification from the Residents.
Cons
Not always having the means to help repair apartments when needed.
If you like yourself just a little bit, please say away from this company!!!!
Building Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 May 2017
The ability of this company to stay in business is amazing, especially when you know that the only thing they care about is the BOTTOM LINE. Corporate office is like completely different Universe, they have absolutely no idea what site teams are going through. Also don't be fooled by the name "support office", it really should be called "blame distribution center". You will be fed to wolfs daily. There is no training provided when you start and you will have to find your way around very quickly. Your hours might change, and no you are not going to be paid any extra for extra hours. Forget about lunch, there is no time for that! Your manager might insist that you close the doors and have lunch brake, but at the same time you are expected to answer the phone (that usually doesn't stop ringing). Residents are treated very poorly as well: you will never get an answer from HO to a real issue, but somehow YOU supposed to provide Best Service!!! Do yourself a BIG favor and never go anywhere close to this company! They don't deserve smart, loyal, hardworking people. I was lucky to work with the most amazing site team, but one by one we all left and no one at HO cared.Don't flatter yourself, you are not even a number.
If you read other reviews, you'll see the same story from coast to coast.
Sadly it's all true :(
On the positive note:You will never have to answer a question "Why are you looking for another job?". Every company in this industry knows how awful Timbercreek is.
Pros
Had a chance to work with amazing people on site! Now we all gone.
Cons
No life left in you after work.
Worse place to work no job security
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 April 2017
Beware of the Regional Manager. She is a snake and a manipulator. If she doesn't like you she will get rid of you. A total liar. She is in control. You can work there for years and she has no respect.
Office Administration and Leasing Coordinator not much training given
Residential Leasing Coordinator & Admin. Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2017
I loved working at Timbercreek but if I had not had over 30 years of administrative experience I would have been unable to work there. The other employees were wonderful to me but there was very little training given. Very, very busy place and too much running to other buildings all over the city. Sometimes people did not cooperate fully in the leasing field as they felt I was going to take their commissions. That was not the case as I was employed by the hour with Randstad.
Pros
Learning new talent
Cons
Lack of training and understanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timbercreek Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5