Timbercreek Communities

Timbercreek Communities Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
Fast Paced
A company that provides apartment leasing. This is a multi-tasked position where you will need to deal with external and internal customers to service.
Worst Employer in Property Management
After being attacked by a homeless person in the lobby resulting in a trip to hospital and 17 stitches in my head. NO calls from management or my regional manager. All they care about is running their "painted to look good buildings" They did not report the injury to WSIB, I did , they fought it and lost. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES OR THEIR TENANTS. ONLY$$$$. The only good thing that came out of it was the Useless Regional Manager I reported to got fired! Been living in therapy and have to put up with the scars everyday.
Great place to work, and getting better
I believe that Timbercreek is a great place to work. Sure, there are areas of improvement, but I find their team are proactively trying to make it better. If you push yourself and put in good work, you will be recognized for it.
Pros
Free snacks, good coffee, great people
Cons
Can be stressful in crunch times, benefits are good but could be better
Productive and collaborative work environment
Timbercreek provides adequate training in the onboarding process and prepares individuals to properly kickstart their career and constantly challenge themselves. There are a myriad of tasks that enabled me to put my skills and due diligence into practice. The company found the right fit between my educational background and professional qualifications, and my current role.
productive
just did my work placement but it was a learning experience as i did put to practice all i learnt from my training. the work environment was wonderful and encouraging
Belittling, unsupportive and no room to grow
No words can describe how much Timbercreek disappointed me. The best part is the administrative staff.. they are the only light you will get within this career. Yes, I say career because, if you are happy with staying in the same entry level position for the rest of your life, you'll be fine. Only if you can handle roaches, bedbugs, abusive (verbally and sometimes, physically) tenants. Managers who never return phone calls, and blame the admin for not handling it, when they didn't know about it or was not told about the situation. If you become manager, you will enjoy all the free lunch's and after hour dinner's. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with your admins, and then going home. Hardest part of the job is dealing with complete boredom, followed by the amount of bad stuff the residents and managers throw at you.
it was fun to work with the people
Overall its a fun place to work, this company made me very comfortable and I enjoyed the outdoors, gardening, and small maintenance jobs I leaned quit a lot of things,
Not a fun place to work.
They sugarcoat the position at the interview, and take all the sugar the first week of work!

Lied to , no management support.

One of the worst place I have ever worked.
Stressful work environment
Not a very collaborative work environment. There is a disconnect between their Support Office, and some of the smaller regional offices and teams. Not a lot of support when team members are overworked. Some regions are very understaffed.
Fun place to work
Working with Timbercreek has been great. As a first full time job, they really make you feel welcomed and appreciated. The people are really fun, kinda and easy to get along with. There is room for growth and they are strong advocates for working up in the company. I got a promotion in 12 months of working. A great job for work experience. Management is really easy to talk to. Timbercreek are also big supporters in making sure their employees are happy and are strong advocates for mental health.
If you want job stability and security - do not work for Timbercreek
Timbercreek's core values and operating principles only apply to senior management and owner operators. Daily your meant to feel as though you are expendable and replaceable. Unless you are a "yes man" or want to drink the "kool-aid" Timbercreek is not the place for you. This place is all about speak when you are spoken too and even then, choose your words carefully folks.
You are undervalued, under appreciated and made to feel as though when you have a voice or disagree there is a huge target on your back.
nightmare
The boss would not return phone calls or emails. the management just looked for scapegoats. No training. Not enough people to do the job. Didn't pay bills. wouldn't pay overtime. Treated you like dirt.
Work that would burn you out fast and you are just a number.
For the good part, they are giving a higher commission per unit leased out compared to other companies. There is also a quarterly bonus and a $50 Christmas gift. They are providing training and seminars with free lunch, annual team building, Halloween gathering for staff, Christmas party, and once a year they have free breakfast for all the residents in the building, as well as BBQ day. But for the most part...This is not an eight hours per day of work. That's why there is a fast turnover of employees. The most difficult part of the job is when you have to do other people's job when they leave the company and there is no new hire coming soon for a long time.
Great Place to Work
I love working for Timbercreek mostly because of my amazing manager. We have a great team here and I feel we are one of the best portfolios in the company!
Terrible place to work
Management's clearly unorganized, and haven't got a clue as to where tools or product needed for the jobs are located...which makes your 15 min plumbing job a 4 hour ordeal. Managers and office staff engage in gossiping within the office and change rules to suit themselves.
Hardworking team environment
A challenging and rewarding workplace where there is a lot of opportunity to grow and develop. There is a lot of independence in this job and the team I work with makes even the challenging days enjoyable.
Pros
Events/the community
Cons
On call/Overtime
Incredible place to learn and grow
An excellent place to learn and grow. A lot of opportunity to learn new skill sets and opportunity to display them too. A well organised management with tools, policies and procedures. Very supportive work culture. Huge responsibilities which give you the ability to learn something new each day.
Saskatoon office is a mess. Run! Run! Don’t ever look back!
Worked for the company in its Saskatoon location. The people in this company Lie, make empty promises and tell you one thing while sticking a pointy bit in your back. Management are careless, corporate is clueless, and reception is beyond arrogant. Do your self a HUGE favour and run, run and don’t look back. All one can do is warn you, but don’t believe anything anyone says to you if they are involved in this company.
Pros
Zero! Zilch! Nada!
Cons
Far too many to list here.
Corporate HQ_Support Office
Open environment in terms of team-to-team interactions, senior management approach-ability & knowledge accessibility.
Work life balance is proportional to seasonal variations in business, pretty much like all other contemporary enterprises, with some pretty busy days to relatively relaxed days.

Highly encouraged industry learning substantiates the company's active growth phase. There is, of course good scope to sharpen technical skills as well.

Overall, a healthy & supportive journey till now.
Pros
Employee socialization
As a regional painter for the company you have lots of opportunity to learn and grow. It's perfect for a job as a painter looking to gain more experience. Upper management is always there to support you when you need it. Overall timbercreek is a great place to work.
Pros
Work life balance, benefits, learning opportunities, material costs covered, milage
Cons
Some travel required
Perfect work&life balance
I am really lucky to work in Timbercreek Communities. From the first day I am feeling support of the team. I was not afraid to ask questions. I had a great experience with on-boarding process. My first two weeks were stress less as I knew what was my next step is. Every day I learn something new. And I know that I have everything to build a successful career at the company. We have a good communication among employees even from other locations and it helps to avoid misunderstanding during the work. I am having an amazing manager who is extremely helpful.
Pros
Training, team lunches, team meetings, good salary, free parking
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timbercreek Communities. Our community is ready to answer.