Timbercreek Communities Employee Reviews

Regional Painter (Current Employee) –  Central Ontario6 March 2019
As a regional painter for the company you have lots of opportunity to learn and grow. It's perfect for a job as a painter looking to gain more experience. Upper management is always there to support you when you need it. Overall timbercreek is a great place to work.
Pros
Work life balance, benefits, learning opportunities, material costs covered, milage
Cons
Some travel required
Perfect work&life balance
Regional Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 March 2019
I am really lucky to work in Timbercreek Communities. From the first day I am feeling support of the team. I was not afraid to ask questions. I had a great experience with on-boarding process. My first two weeks were stress less as I knew what was my next step is. Every day I learn something new. And I know that I have everything to build a successful career at the company. We have a good communication among employees even from other locations and it helps to avoid misunderstanding during the work. I am having an amazing manager who is extremely helpful.
Pros
Training, team lunches, team meetings, good salary, free parking
Great Place to Work
Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2019
The company is focused on growth and improvements. It provides good benefits and finds ways to reward and accommodate its employees.

Management is open to suggestions and works with you. Other employees and staff are approachable and willing to assist.

Overall, I recommend to work at the Timbercreek Communities support office.
Pros
work/life balance, benefits, free coffee/snacks, located right by TTC station, close to park and restaurants
Cons
No common/quiet area to sit and lounge, besides the kitchen and main entrance
Great Place To Work!
Revenue Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2019
Working at Timbercreek has been such a great experience! Everyone is really friendly and willing to help out with anything you need.

The workplace culture is amazing and fun. Everyone works very hard but we also have time to socialize and get to know each other better.

Working here has allowed me to expand on my skills and learn new processes that I can take with me into the future.
Great working environment/ fair salary
Revenue Accountant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2019
I have been working in this company for 1 year. Before the interview, I reviewed Timbercreek's review here. It turned out I got the job and I really enjoyed working here at support center ( head quarter). Here I am to give everyone an better idea about this company.

It is an open office where everyone knows each other. The working load is reasonable. we have constant meetings to share the opinions regarding to any improvement in work. At the end of the day, you are not only doing your own job, but more wisely and proficient.

The reason we call our head quarter - Support center, is because we want to help out the sites as much as we could. This is what I was told the first day at work. I really like this idea.

All in all, job culture is very healthy and inspiring. The company cares about the benefits and all. You will enjoy working here!
Gained a lot of skills and work associates are very helpful.
A) Painter/Painter Supervisor/ Maintenance worker (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2019
Working at Timbercreek gave me a lot of new opportunities and skills necessary for future jobs. It was a job that required hard working/effort, patience, strong moral, and positive work habits. In return the efforts are definitely worth the job.
Company Review
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2019
I love working for Timbercreek Communities. It is growing at an exponential growth curve which is an outcome of entrepreneurial and creative mindset of our management that trickles down to the very end of the hierarchy. Working in this kind of culture encourages me to do something new and creative which makes work exciting.

I work in the HR department which is a cherry on the cake – such an invigorating experience to be a part of HR team where we help build and grow each other. We are proud to call ourselves ‘The Dream Team’ which is a product of immense trust, collaboration and support we offer to each other.
Great Culture & Fantastic People
N/A (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 February 2019
I have never worked for a better group of people. I have always felt part of a larger team, and have had nothing but opportunity for advancement. The company delivers on their promises, and is always ready to ask for input. I am a long term employee and don't see myself with a future anywhere else.
Pros
Cons
Property Management is hard work
May opportunities for growth for those that take initiative!
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alberta, Canada4 February 2019
I've had such a supportive team and management since the beginning! I feel comfortable speaking with my leader, and asking support from my team if I need it. I also feel very appreciated and recognized for the work that I put it.

There are plenty of opportunities for learning and development for those that make the effort and seize them.

Values are important to me in a workplace, and there are many different ways that the company recognizes team members at all levels when they live these values and go the extra mile.

I am grateful I made the move to join Timbercreek!
Pros
Team environment, benefits
It was a great learning experience, always had opportunity to develop my skills
Maintenance associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 February 2019
Working for Timbercreek Communities was a fun and great experience. I was awarded opportunities to learn new skills and to also grow my own skills. The staff were great and very fun to work with. The hours and job itself worked around my schedule as a single father. I really enjoyed working for them
Some Ups and some downs
BUILDING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 January 2019
Building Management is a great job if you work for a great company.

Timber Creek management doesn't know their head from a hole in the ground.

Its all about the dollar sign for them not the people.

It's unfortunate it did not work out for us, we really did enjoy the job itself and the people in our close net community.
Pros
The community
Cons
The Management
overall good job
Painter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 January 2019
I've worked there twice and overall it was so good. Wake up at 8am and paint. I learned how to communicate with others. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment and how people respect one another.
Pros
free lunches
Good company for those willing to work hard
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2019
It is a good company for those willing to work hard. If you want an easy job this is not the place for you. To make the best of it have an open mind and be flexible. Upper management has the best intentions at heart.
Pros
Career growth, training
painter
Painter (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 November 2018
They don't pay enough for experienced painters.... To many turn overs with painters to the point that there desperate and just hire anyone. Sad really cause no one in hamilton and surrounding areas would never consider working there.
Just Don’t
Leasing and Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON21 November 2018
Long hours and really low pay considering you’re doing your job and the property manager’s. You can be so busy from the time you get in until you leave and it can be hard to get a break but that’s the nature of the job. Training was good I learned a lot. Met some really great people!

It’s really tough to move around in there because favouritism is pretty bad. The office gossip and politics is like nothing I have ever seen. If you aren’t liked it’s a tough place to be and you won’t last long.

I wouldn’t recommend this place. There are way better companies out there.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Office politics. Pay. Long hours
building manager
Building Manager - (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2018
make sure your lobbies and common areas are clean and meet up with vendors and prospective residents. long days and live on site. cleaning of unitsa as well
Pros
free rent
Cons
live in the building
Building Manager
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 October 2018
A typical day at Timbercreek was making sure the common areas were cleaned before 8am. I would then go thought the work orders for the day and meet up with prospective residents and vendors. I would also order stock needed for the buildings and contact vendors for specific issues I could not repair. in the afternoon I would do the administrative work and look over the Arrears in the building and knock on doors. at the end of the day I would make sure the lobby was cleaned again and sometime finish up the unit turn cleaning or repairs as needed.

The hardest part of the job was the long days and being on call 24/7

the best part of the job was the resident interactions.
Pros
I had my unit paid for
Cons
very long hors... basically on call 24/7
Look elsewhere
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
Company is based on favoritism. No room for growth, and if there is it’s VERY little room. Head office in Toronto is very disorganized and staff are rude, especially those “higher up”. Great benefits is all Timbercreek has to offer. I’ve seen so many people leave on their own in different areas of Ontario and positions.
Benefits
Cons
Rude staff, long hours
Great learning experience,good work culture
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
Typical day starts with emailing the prospects for renting,rerunning their calls,book appointments for showing's.
Learned time management better customer relations,rental laws, executing rental lease, customer retaining and team management.

Most enjoyably part working with Timbercreek is achieving targets and earning 99% incentives and commission.
Property Manager & Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 August 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timbercreek Communities. Our community is ready to answer.