Timbercreek Communities Employee Reviews

building manager
Building Manager - (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2018
make sure your lobbies and common areas are clean and meet up with vendors and prospective residents. long days and live on site. cleaning of unitsa as well
Pros
free rent
Cons
live in the building
Building Manager
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 October 2018
A typical day at Timbercreek was making sure the common areas were cleaned before 8am. I would then go thought the work orders for the day and meet up with prospective residents and vendors. I would also order stock needed for the buildings and contact vendors for specific issues I could not repair. in the afternoon I would do the administrative work and look over the Arrears in the building and knock on doors. at the end of the day I would make sure the lobby was cleaned again and sometime finish up the unit turn cleaning or repairs as needed.

The hardest part of the job was the long days and being on call 24/7

the best part of the job was the resident interactions.
Pros
I had my unit paid for
Cons
very long hors... basically on call 24/7
Look elsewhere
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
Company is based on favoritism. No room for growth, and if there is it’s VERY little room. Head office in Toronto is very disorganized and staff are rude, especially those “higher up”. Great benefits is all Timbercreek has to offer. I’ve seen so many people leave on their own in different areas of Ontario and positions.
Benefits
Cons
Rude staff, long hours
Great learning experience,good work culture
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2018
Typical day starts with emailing the prospects for renting,rerunning their calls,book appointments for showing's.
Learned time management better customer relations,rental laws, executing rental lease, customer retaining and team management.

Most enjoyably part working with Timbercreek is achieving targets and earning 99% incentives and commission.
worst mistake of my life
Property Manager & Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 August 2018
It would take me weeks to lists all the things wrong with this company. Lets sum it up to corrupt, illegal and not trustworthy.

If you value yourself you are better off without this job! Welfare would be better than this job. They are by far the worst company i have ever encountered and i wouldn't recommend them to the most horrible person in the world....although that person probably still works for them.

If you not willing be break laws and lie to people you wont fit in.
Pros
Cons
everything
Surprised they are still in business
Building Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 August 2018
Came to Timbercreek as a Temp and wanted full time Permanent Position.
Received it quickly but everything that was promised like training (3 weeks) was only 4 days.

They treat you poorly as a Temp everything is on a need to know basis. This doesn’t change when you become permanent staff.

I came from 45 successful years of Nursing to a real mess hoping I could get things changed. They ignored reguests for needs around the office. Although I have a strong work ethic and excellent time management skills they all go for nothing if there is no training

They love to dump more and more responsibilities on you but fail to show you how to become competent in your role.

They love to have you take responsibility for everything not done but fail to train you so as you can take responsibility

I feel imbaressed to put this company on my resume but the skills I learned I earned.

Money was not important because of my pension but I found the 9 hour days with no lunch break difficult to balance exercise, appointments etc because it’s 9-6 or 10-7pm

Definitely do not recommend this job for anyone unless it is divinely appointed.

A Nightmare to say the least
Pros
You get a chance to work Permanent Full Time right away
Cons
When you come to your senses you realize “what the heck happened”
management need to be re evaluated
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON27 July 2018
Timbercreek Needs to review there management team and find people who HONESTLY want to create great teams and the potential for success might come around.
They want to constantly tear there team down and point fingers at front line staff. No appreciation for front line staff who take the brunt of the concerns from residents about the lack of maintenance and manager engagement. And if you question there ignorance your told to MIND YOUR BUISNESS.
Worst place to work...EVER!!!
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON20 July 2018
The worst management team to work for! They are only there for themselves and do not support anybody else whatsoever! There is a reason they go through so many staff. If you like to work for a place where the manager is unskilled at managing staff, throws you under the bus every chance they get, keeps piling more and more work on you and holds you accountable for everything that is out of your control...then Timbercreek Communities is definitely the place for you.
Pros
The end of the day
Cons
The start of the day
Overworked
LEASING & ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 July 2018
I workwd worked 50- 70 hrs a week and cared about my job and the residents only to be treated extremely poorly by a new manager. This manager continuously was on my case for tedious nonsense all while they watched movies because they were bored. Very high stress job and they do not hire enough people all around to maintain the properties properly.
horrible place to work
Live-in Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Ontario1 June 2018
-Money is horrible
-Extremely under paid
-railed up the a** everyday
A typical day at Timbercreek wake up, shower, walk out the door, get railed in the A**, header home..drink ,hang out with some ppl caller a day..wait to get some Timbercreek money see the doctor for the massive amounts of a** railing that took place and then caller.
Boss is a smoke show and pretty cool so that’s good.
I have learned to try to get out of here ASAP
Pros
Home time
Cons
I work here
Property Management gone array
Building Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 May 2018
Mismanaged Organization - Head Office has no clue what is happening in their buildings. London/Kitchener District has gone through staff like they are candy. Files are a mess, no organization or support, staff are not trained. Continue to have new staff brought in through agencies. Their are a few long term employees living on site but their have no life and eventually their usefullness will not be required . Tenants are not satisfied, long term ones seem to just make due, students rentals feel sorry for them - they are there to learn and dealing with inexperience and too many changes they get frustrated just as do the long term tenants. Coorporate office needs to wake up and see that they have Regional Managers and District Managers that probably have knowledge but have lost grip of their portfolios and just flying by the seats of the pants at times
Pros
Non
Cons
Long Hours, no support
Secretary - Doorman - Security - Leasing Agent
Secretary - Doorman - Security - Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC27 March 2018
In my experience with this company was overall okay
I gave more than I received
Not a loyal company and they will feed you to the wolves the minutes they get a chance
The management expects way too much and there is never any funds to support it , they want you to give up your weekends and your time without any recognition
They simply don't appreciate anyone! !!

I couldnt have said it any better.. but you did sugar it up a little.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Work 1 day gone the next
Very busy having to take care of almost 700 units
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2018
Day to day is different.
Always being on the go.
Work orders per day are so many.
Approximately deal with 5 on an average.
Thus this keeps me on my toes.
Pros
Always something to do
Cons
Communication
lots of training available. great staff
Employee (Current Employee) –  Central Ontario28 February 2018
Lots of training and learning sessions available. Salary, quarterly bonus, yearly bonuses, and benefits are really good. The manager is always available to assist any time of day/night. She will do whatever she can to help the team.
You are encouraged to take your personal time off and not be at work.
Pros
staff, managers, residents, pay
Cons
need more jobs available to move up in the company
Fun place with board games for lunch time.
Painter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2018
This was my first job. It was really fun and good experience. The supervisors were friendly, as well as other staff members in the building. The wage was more than expected. Overall really good place for teenager who are looking for their first job.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
fun
Tim Horton's Cashier (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON15 January 2018
its good wok if you like fast paced work. your always doing something weather it be cleaning, taking orders, getting donuts for customers, helping drive thru, re-stocking merchandise.
Management full of liars
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2018
The Regional Office is manipulative and full of incompetent people. If you have a better idea than the Regional Manager, she uses it as her own and takes all the credit. Cost savings is above her knowledge but pretends to understand. She treats her site team like they are garbage and is phony to their face. The Administrator is a liar and makes up stories about everyone! Queen of gossip. Unfortunately the Director of Operations can't do anything about the London region because she has her hands full with the gong show in Kitchener. Do not work here if you want to keep your sanity!
Cons
A job that is more of a lifestyle
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2017
Timbcreek is one of the industries largest and fastest growing companies. Working for the company is certainly more of a lifestyle than it is a job, it truly is a full time position, having to be available 24/7
Pros
Excellent upper management
Cons
On call 24/7
Great Company
Building Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 November 2017
I love working for Timbercreek. This is an ideal company to work for if you want the ability to manage your own workload and work with minimal supervision. If you're expecting someone to hold your hand the whole time - I recommend going elsewhere.
This is a great job for work-life balance, as being a Building Admin you are not required to be available for after hours calls. You have a lot of work to do, but if you come in with a good work ethic and have time management skills, there is nothing to complain about. Building maintenance associates are required to be on call for emergencies, which will be a bit more difficult.
The high turnover is due to employees not wanting to work hard, or are unable to manage their time to accomplish all their tasks. This leads to them either quitting because they have to work long hours, or being let go because they aren't adding any value to the team.
Personally, I've felt that the Regional Office has been very supportive. If you work hard and show improvements at your properties you will be rewarded with raises, bonuses, and better employment opportunities.
Pros
Great team members to work with!
Cons
High stress
Building Manager
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2017
I loved these buildings because they were cute older buildings with plenty of character. But the downside is also that they were older buildings. There were constantly mechanical deficiencies. The tenants were often rude, and ungrateful, but all in all not a horrible experience. I personally craved my privacy and ultimately moved onto a new career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timbercreek Communities. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5