Timbercreek Asset Management

Timbercreek Asset Management Employee Reviews

The company is being run by criminals
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 December 2019
They rip off both employees and tenants. No respect, low wage building managers are new immigrants with no experience and knowledge of law. Overall I give it a rate of zero.
Nope don't do it
Assistant Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 December 2019
Never again would I work for such a disrespectful company. 21 days on no days off and forget about having any privacy.

They kick employees out faster than renters in arrears
Adversarial environment
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2019
Management was not promoting a team environment. Office personnel were pitted against the front line workers. Blame was always assigned as opposed to a teaching moment.
Take your chances
Head of Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 October 2019
the work is hard but rewarding, you must be ready to take on all challenges that are thrown your way. be willing to go the extra mile OR MORE. Good luck
great people, great environment,
Service Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2019
when you know that you are a leader and someone lead you in a wrong direction and sometimes they want you to fail. remember you are the part of the team and if you know you are a leader stand up your shoes and speak out loud. I've learned more about in office work which i need this paper work process. workplace people respect you and you gave them first. the hardest part is when your leader disrespect in front of other employee and resident or trades. To serve my team a coffee while we are doing our first call meeting.
Pros
more and more plus more work unorganized
Cons
sometimes long hours and gave you late notice to post
Challenging
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario23 September 2019
Timbercreek was a challenging company to work for. The work was rewarding and fast paced but the challenge lied with the residents and their expectations.
Dont work here
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 September 2019
Dont work here if you want a work-life balance. Middle management blame their inability to manage on the staff. They need to hire dependable management that actually have experience in a residential setting...
Fun and balanced work environment
LEASING ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2019
I love and enjoy working for Timbercreek Asset Management Inc because we work great as a team to complete our goals. All employees are very down to earth and they respect everyone. I have not had a issues yet and don't think I will. I would recommend any one to work for Timbercreek.
Positive work environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
Fun work environment that allowed flexibility. I learned many things such as responsibility, hospitality, and how to be a helpful asset while working along others
Embiance bizarre
Chargé de projet (Current Employee) –  Longueuil, QC30 January 2019
Bonne compagnie, solide financièrement, toutefois, pour le Québec, les dirigeants locaux ont une drôle de façon d'opérer, on colle des pansements partout mais on ne règle pas les bobos.
Pros
Certains édifices sont très agréables a travailler
Cons
La main droite ne sait pas ce que la main gauche fait
Loved my role
REGIONAL LEASING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2018
Go where I was needed each day and for me to determine that. Training people and to encourage them to strive. Meeting great people everyday and helping them find a great place to call home.
Pros
Left to manage own schedule
Cons
Long hours at times
Mismanaged, Unorganized chaotic environment
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON20 October 2018
If you like working with fake, phony people who stab you in the back then you should definitely apply here! Managers preach about untolerated gossip while they practise the same behind everyone’s back and set people up for failure. Plenty of lies, allegations and favouring lazy ignorant employees who specialize in bootlicking. Go ahead and work the long hours for zero pay and see how much it’s appreciated. Management requires serious training in all aspects.
Run far, far away
Pros
Watching the daily gong show of issues
Cons
Working with fake people
Old fashioned managers, not leaders
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 October 2018
This was my worst work experience in the residential property management industry. Minimal training, confusing instructions from upper management, no appreciation for your work and efforts, no recognition of your experience or educational background. Their compensation package is a joke. They don't seem to do any better in the West than I see they have done down East.
Pros
Not being on call all times
Cons
Chaos on every level
not a bad place to work
Regional Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 October 2018
as a regional maintenance associate i thought it would be more of capital project to cut down on cost but it was mainly a gofer position.
Being pulled in many different directions at one time is not a good buisness way of doing things.
No direction from management
more of a reaction type of company not a pro-active
Pros
Nice People
Cons
salery
Worst company to work for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2018
Horrible management, no leadership , and definitively no life work balance. Senior management are bullies, and very unprofessional in the way they treat their subordinates. Stay away from this company if you can.
No work life balance
Investmnet Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
This is the place to work to learn because you are expected to know everything to run the business. You should not expect any support from above, and should not expect anyone to cover you, even on vacation or holiday. If you want to learn about finance side of real estate investment, this is a good place to start.

You should not expect any work life balance, if you show up on weekend, you will still see a lot of people.
Pros
Beer fridge, ping pong table, gym, shower
Tenants were great.
Building manager/ office administration (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 February 2018
The tenants were fantastic for the most part, but there was absolutely NO support for the onsite staff. To the point that the regional manager and the area managers went on vacation TOGETHER, leaving the on site staff to make decisions beyond our scope but needed to satisfy the incoming tenant.
Just a number - Revolving door
Leasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 August 2017
Started off great for the first 3 years!
Once they hired a new hitler, it was time to change things!

Then they hired a drug lord, then he was let go, then a a male shovanistic pig who was later charged...I could go on!

I am sure they are regretting it now as you get what you pay for!
Pros
Cons
Too many
Environnment composé de femmes aigries et instables emotionnellement
Gestionnaire des baux - LeSommet3475 (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 June 2017
Une tendance générale a ne pas respecter les clients une fois leur bail signé.............. tente d'influencer le personnel a abonder dans ce sens sous peine de renvoi immédiat.
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Tout dans son ensemble et surtout le BM et l’équipe du Sommet3475
Friendly , lots to learn
Leasing Agent/Regional Administrator (Former Employee) –  Regional office - Bloor and Dixie2 May 2017
Very pleasant place to work for, staff very friendly helpful. Each day new things to Learn land always kept me busy.
Meeting great tenants , speaking with them getting to know them was a great experience.

Hardest part of the job was probably dealing with same residents that have not paid their monthly rent on 1st of each month, they were called "latePayers", but somehow I managed to settle something with some of them.
Pros
Lots of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Timbercreek Asset Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7