Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons
Happiness score is 55 out of 100Below average

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 16,090 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,363 reviews

One of my favourite jobs.

I liked my owner and my store manager. Great co-workers. Face paced job so time went by quick. My store did not have a drive through. I think thats why I liked it. They will make a young person a supervisor if they are strong customer service workers and hard workers. Negatives: They would send you home early when rush hour ends, a lot. Minimum wage. Didnt even get free food while at work. No discount unless you are working.

Pros

Looks great in a resume

Cons

Low pay and hours.

Very fast pace and stressful place

It’s a very fast pace and stressful place to work, specially if you have short staff or new employees. Usually the coworkers are friendly and hardworking people , that makes the work environment bearable. Constant rotation of new employees, because people seek for better opportunities and leave .

Pros

Flexible hours, some free food

Cons

Low pay, high rotation of new employees

Environnement de travail

Dans l’ensemble c’est très bien, on a une bonne équipe de travaille. On s’amuse vraiment tout en travaillant. Tu as toujours hâte d’aller travailler avec eux.

Pros

A l’écoute de vos disponibilité

Cons

Pourboires en pièces et les pauses non payer

Don’t do it

Biggest mistake of my life working for Tim Hortons and 99% of the people I work with feel they exact same. If you wanna work for a company that will under staff you, make you work injured, give you the bare minimum payment with the bare minimum breaks and constantly over work you and eventually make you crazy… tims is for you…. Go anywhere else lol

Pros

Nothing is worth working here

Cons

Everything!!!

Stressful

Working at Tims introduced me to great friends, but the work was fast paced and stressful. Management, scheduling, and pay was poor. You work super early mornings and only get two 15 minute breaks for an 8 hour shift. It is an exhausting job. Since you work so closely with others, their personalities make or break the job. I've had some bad days there, and I've also had lots of laughs there. Surviving in that hellhole brings everyone close together.

Pros

50% off food during your shift and you make great friends

Cons

Early mornings, constantly short staffed, terrible management, underpaid

management is poor and tense environment

truthfully the management was poorly ran and more yelling than positive reassurance was ever given, it felt more like a chore each day even though everybody there tried to always do and make the best of it. Which is odd how hard we used to be worked considering now the products i receive are normally garbage or poorly done

Pros

25% discount

Cons

poor management

I love my job and people who works with me we are a Tim like our name

We do everything from bottom to top we are a Tim and we respect each other, but the salary it not as good as the work. We are taking orders, making coffee, chasing out making, bagels , cleaning (dining area, kitchen and washroom as well) we do everything.

Not a place to work for your mental health

Overall, I felt that Tim Hortons is not a place to work at. Between inconsistent scheduling, a lack of training, and rude management, I quit at the end of the summer to focus back onto school.

Pros

Cons

Bad scheduling, terrible bosses, chaotic training

Terrible place to work.

Management is terrible, very low wage for the amount of work and stuff you have to deal with. No appreciation for their workers. Unorganized and very stressful

Pros

Food

Cons

Pay, stress

former worker

To much favorites between manger and workers and a lot of gossip going on, to much not my job to help when there not busy between drive thru and counter pay is not enough for the amount of work they want done ,short staffed.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Short breaks 15 min 2 times in 8 hour shift, The more you do it is expected from you all the time

Jobs at Tim Hortons

See more jobs

Good first job at the cost of your sanity

I worked at Tim Hortons for a little under a year and got to speak to several coworkers to fully understand the inner-working of the store. All employees were extremely underpaid for the work they were doing, some employees even taking the tasks of supervisors without the raise in pay. Even those who were promoted to supervisor only got a raise of maximum 20 cents. It was an extremely stressful job for the time I worked there in high school, I found myself overwhelmed by the piling expectations of superiors after hardly being trained at all. I would say that this job would be good for a first-time job as it's easy to pass an interview, but beware that it has no benefits, has low wages, and you only get discounts on your un-paid break (a measly discount of 30%). There are good people who work there so the atmosphere was fun, however, I wouldn't recommend working there for longer than a year— if you're expecting a raise, it won't happen.

Pros

Friendly co-workers and a good first job

Cons

Low wages, no benefits, stressful environment

One of the best starter jobs you can get

This job teaches you everything. This is one of the best starter jobs that you can get.I feel like you learn so much and everyone is super happy to teach you.

I loved the other employees they treat you with a lot of respect overall great

I worked for them for about three years and I loved my co-workers and the manager was nice at first but it was mostly tough love you could say. Be STRAIGHT forward with the hours you want! Best of luck!!

Pros

Good hours and free drinks! Staff parties love love loved it!

Cons

Underpaid LOL never got a raise after being there for so long

Nuetral

Being in the management was tough. Had to do multiple roles at the same time with out even paid properly. Would not recommend for light hearted people!

Pourquoi?

Je me suis fait mettre a pied de mon poste de soir chez tim hortons a cause du ✨covid✨ Mais genre vous aurez pu aussi me mettre de jours a place de me faire perdre ma job

Pros

Quelque petit repas gratuit, genre beigne, muffin, beagle et chocolat chaud

Cons

Me faisait toujours finir vraiment plus tot donc je finissais avec une salaires de marde

Mediocre

Tim Horton's is a decent first job, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is overwhelmed easy. With poor management and rude customers, the workplace oftentimes hectic

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Long hours, chaotic workplace

Physically Demanding

Too many employees, not enough hours. Don't allow you to work enough hours to be eligible for benefits. Will not give you fixed shifts so it's impossible to get another job to help supplement your hours. Also, the branch I worked at had employee "cliques" which at times caused a toxic work environment. Constantly expected to watch learning videos on your own time.

Pros

Serving friendly customers

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, high stress

Not bad

Ok for temporary job ! People there are friendly.Manager and owner are cooperative! But it is not an easy job! Low energy is not allowed 🚫.Underpaid for your hard work

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Ready to get tired after each shift

Don’t work for Tims, they treat their employees like trash

Tim Hortons is awful. They don’t pay you for breaks but only give you 2 15s in an 8 hour shift, expect you to be on your feet all day and be go go go, no stopping. They treat their employees like trash. Management is over worked and usually they favour certain staff members. If you become a shift lead, good luck! Your pay goes up a few cents and they blame every issue on you. They expect their drive thru times to be 13 seconds, they’re absolutely awful.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Tres stressant

Si vous êtes pas travaillant ,anxieux , gêné, aucun esprit d’équipe se travaille n’est pas pour vous.

Pros

Repas gratuit

Cons

Courte pausse et aucune pause a la bake

Fun but rude people to work with

I loved my job but girls were obnoxious and thought they could push me around. I did learn a lot though especially wearing a headset while helping drive through customers.

Pros

Free coffee and discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K