Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 16,090 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,363 reviews

One of my favourite jobs.

I liked my owner and my store manager. Great co-workers. Face paced job so time went by quick. My store did not have a drive through. I think thats why I liked it. They will make a young person a supervisor if they are strong customer service workers and hard workers. Negatives: They would send you home early when rush hour ends, a lot. Minimum wage. Didnt even get free food while at work. No discount unless you are working.

Pros

Looks great in a resume

Cons

Low pay and hours.

very energized to work at Tim's

When I am strong and healthy, the employer is so happy to me in regards to job performance. But, time change when I fall down, and got accident with work related injury. I am treated nothing. That's why I am not happy leaving Tim Horton's. NO BENEFITS at all. I don't know if it's only to the store where I worked? Please try to ask...if you are interested working at Tim's.

Pros

I feel that...time finish quickly everyday because it's always busy.

Cons

I met many picky, and difficult customers.

Fast paced work environment

Working at Timhortons is easy if you are a patient person. You’ll need to practice your patience with annoying customers. It’s also fast paced but gre

Pros

Great hours, more work hours

Cons

Stand all day

Productive and fun place to work

My work experience at Tim Hortons was really good. I would recommend it to anyone who loves interacting with people and also is thick skinned as sometimes customers can be rude

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work. Managers are not respectful. Never they provide benefits. They try to dont pay insurance. Long shifts without lunch time. They keep workers number low in each shift, u should work instead of 2 person.

Pros

nothing, just u are working and u have salary.

Cons

Stressful and demands running running and running

Hit or miss where you work

-usually short staffed all the time-managers never seem to have the right training to run the buisness-you gotta know how to do everything there (including cleaning)-sometimes you work 10 hour days-no benefits offered even if youre full time

Pros

Discounted food and some stores offer free beverages while on shift

Cons

Long hours, sketchy customers, bad pay

Fast paced environment

The job is very demanding and you need to be aware of what is going on at all times. You need to address customers complaints in a timely manner and don’t forget to give them their coupon for a free cooffee next time

Horrible place

They had me work the manager roll without the pay, I never had a review or pay increase, they never gave me benefits, they were extremely rude when I needed a day off, they often had be working 14 days straight! They allowed for people to be lazy and not work, the manager was so lazy! And often left really early! It’s the worst job I’ve ever had, they don’t have your back either ! If a customer comes in a threatens your life over a sandwhich I have to give them what they want and then get introubke later for it. When covid started my tim hortons was the last one to get mask or even gloves, th owner is so cheap! She cut everyone’s hours so she qualified for the government small business check... never never apply to work there

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No help, no pay increase, manager attitude, owner cheap, lack of leadership, bullying, lazy

Fast paced

Fast paced. Hard work. Not for lazy or the faint of heart. Lots of room for moving up in rank. Just do your work. Dont start drama and you will be ok.

Constantly stressed and overworked

We would work 8 hour shifts and receive 2 15 minute breaks instead of at least 1 half hour lunch break which was not enough time to eat by the time you got your food. We were also expected to cover multiple roles at once while people were on break and were made to feel slow and like we were bad employees if we weren’t also restocking while doing 2 jobs. I had a manager who seemed like they hated everyone and people were literally trying to switch to morning shifts instead of nights to get away from them. We also were expected to find someone to cover our shift when we were sick and if we couldn’t then we had to come in sick or not. They made taking sick days feel like something we could control and that we should never take them even though by law we were entitled to them. My location also would not let you work a shift shorter than 6 hours and that was only for students because we didn’t get out of class until after the shift started. Everyone else had to work 8 hours with almost no exceptions. The only pros were the free drinks and cheap food while we were working and sometimes is things were slow and we rushed to finish all of our chores we could go home early. The tips were by far the best part and I usually made an extra hours worth of pay in tips alone.

Pros

Really good tips, discounted food and drinks

Cons

Long hours, overworked, under appreciated, had to work while sick

Jobs at Tim Hortons

See more jobs

Terrible coworkers

Great customers but my coworkers made work TERRIBLE for me. Only one person was nice to me. I was constantly being snapped at and looked down on. I was constantly the only person asked to clean the bathroom because nobody else wanted to. So many things happened, I had to leave for family and mental health reasons.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Terrible coworkers

Good Starter Job

Good place to begin working as a young teenager until young adult. Fast paced and friendly atmosphere with some level of possible advancement. Overall a good place to work but not enough money

Pros

Short shifts

Cons

Low pay

It was fun but almost always busy and I was kinda stressed a lot of the time

It was fun but almost always busy and I was kinda stressed a lot of the time. The hardest part was trying to remember how the drinks are made. A lot of the people are nice and made working there fun.

Pros

Free coffee

Very Unfair place to work

I worked at 285 Tim Horton's near Howard avenue. I worked overnight their since September 2020, I never got my pay roll fairly. I worked more then 8 hours sometime its almost 9 hours also never got brake during my shift but they cut off 30 minutes and also most of the time 45 minutes from my pay roll. and the employees are always yelling. Lots of work and stress and getting minimum wage from fast food industry. Even I worked on holidays but never got extra pay from Tim Hortons.

Environnement assez stressant.

Je pense que l‚Äôexp√©rience d√©pend vraiment de quelle franchise, vous travailler.Personnellement, j‚Äôai aim√© travaill√© au Tim Hortons. Sauf que la direction et les g√©rantes n‚Äô√©taient pas vraiment bon donc j‚Äôai pr√©f√©r√© m‚Äôabstenir et trouver un autre emploi plus stable, puisque je rentre bient√īt au c√©gep.

Pros

Rabais employé et nombre infini de congé pris dans une année.

Cons

Salaire n’équivaut pas au travail fait .

Great first Job

This was the best first job you can get. Every one is super supportive and helpful and wanting you to learn. I cant say there are any better place to learn.

Loved the team

I worked at a smaller location and absolutely loved the staff I worked with. It’s a fast paced job and lots to learn but your first couple days is going over the training on the computer. Would recommend!

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

On feet all day

Good as entry-level job

Working at a fast-food restaurant can be overwhelming, and the experience is the same at Tim Hortons. It is a good option for students who seek part-time opportunities and have little or no experience.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Never ending work

An ok starter job

Its an ok job for students and anyone who want somewhere to earn money and a bit of experience. Wouldn't advice anyone to stay there for more than a year. Basically, work at Tim Hortons to gain experience, but look for anything better afterwards. Not all coworkers will be kind and friendly. Drive throughs are very stressful so be prepared for that. They may not give you the best hours that you would possibly want and in some places, they may ask you to work overnight.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Low pay and a lot of work

Normally Minimum Wage job working fast food

I have worked for Tim Hortons for over an year. In that year I have advance through many positions. Counter, Soup & Sandwich, Baker, Trainer, Midnights, and all Drive Thru positions.Like most fast food jobs there are certain unrealistic times you need to aim for, but when not being forced to meet those times, the job is fairly enjoyable. Management and Supervisors are given very likely leway in what is expected of the employees, also as you follow the guidelines you can have very likely difficulties.The Tims benefits are comparable to other benefits proved by minimum wage companies, but the amounts tgey actually pay out are ridiculously low.

Pros

Discounted lunches

Cons

Unrealictic job expectations

Environnement stressant

Pour étudiants c est bien ça leur donne un expérience .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K