Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 16,094 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,371 reviews

Productive and pleasant work environment

When I started working at timmies it was very pleasant there the pay wasn't bad but not something to write home about and the staff are very friendly and helpful management was constructive and responsible but they are human so they make mistakes at times my advice is to always ask a question before doing something you don't understand

Pros

Free low tier items

Cons

Can't take "throw aways"

Fun workplace with minimal effort

When you work at Tim Hortons you have to do literally anything and everything so you're never bored which is something I like in a job that can be downtime here or there waiting on customers to pull in but only if you've already cleaned your station and mop the floors and check the bathrooms all that good stuff 😅

High stress work environment

Management is not very accommodating or understanding and fast paced service and angry customers make for a toxic work environment in general. It's a good was to make friends as a minor as there mostly employees in that age group.

Fast paste environment, flexible hours..

It's a really good place to work if your just wanting part-time or full-time,they are really easy to get along with when it comes to family and great environment..

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Sore feet..so just move alot instead of standing still..maybe dance lol

It’s decent

Pending on the location you apply and get the job, most of the co workers you have are against you and will always have an issue with you alone. And the boss at the same location is always rude and treats you horribly regardless on if you have disabilities or trying to get better and the boss will expect you to be on point the first shift you have. In general, it depends on the location you apply too. Overall, it’s an alright job. Pays decent too.

Pros

The benefits they give you after 3 month probation

Cons

Some bosses and/or co workers are rude and against you

Uniforme

L’uniforme est super confortable super léger et surtout très beau à mon gout

Pros

Repas 30% de rabais

Cons

Aucun

It was an OK place to work but i wouldn't recommend

Mornings were pretty busy since a lot of people came to Tim's for coffee BUT that was the problem. If you have a 6 am shift expect to start 15-30mins earlier because it was understaffed and there would only be 2 people in the entire store for 50-100 clients... out of those two people, there would usually be the overnight baker and a crew member, so it was basically just the crew member working and it wasn't the best situation.

Pros

50% off food, free coffee, free food sometimes

Cons

Repetitive, long days

Truck Driver at the Calgary distribution centre

Terrible management they couldn’t even get the run set up for the upcoming bid in over a year, annual salary is terrible 62,000 when you take home $1750 in two weeks is pathetic for a truck driver, considering their shifts are not good when you work night continentals and are on night shift for line haul. I heard from the warehouse employees it’s run like a prison all management cares about is their bonuses they also had 100% turnover rate with the warehouse staff in the last year.

Pros

Employee discount on products

Cons

Low wage terrible shifts and schedule and management.

Enhance learning skills, lot of stress but less pay

I always happy for being a part of Tim Hortons, only one thing demote me no scope for career. Higher position People work for long terms very less chance to get promoted. Basically no future with extra hard work. Team members do so much hard work in comparison of pay.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Bad hours and too stressful for minimum wage

The manager would always book me for a closing shift and it's been way too busy for just one person to do four jobs at the same time. The supervisor is cleaning and i'm busy stocking. They abuse their power with teenagers, I've been working there for two years and more than half of the original staff has quit due to the lack of proper management.

Pros

free food, sometimes good tips, sometimes fun

Cons

Very unemployed, too much stress, not enough money

Jobs at Tim Hortons

See more jobs

Très calme

J’aime beaucoup le tim Horton, les gens qui y travail

Pros

L’ensemble du travail

Cons

Aucun pour ma part

It’s Timmies...

Honestly, great management. I don’t know if they’re still there, but they were amazing and helped with anything I needed. The floor workers could be petty sometimes, but all in all it was fun. The best part was the customers

Pros

Customers and CoWorkers

Cons

On your feet the whole time

Good first job but they underpay staff

It's a good and fast paced job but they under pay employees who put in a lot of work. I spend a lot of time doing chores and cleaning. Making drinks and food and talking to coustomers. Consisntatly doing something.

Pros

60% off purchases on shift

Cons

Rude coustomers, low salary

workplace culture

i love to work at timhortans.I love to make sandwiches and talk to custmors.i enjoy to take order at drive through and make food.my manager is so helpuful and cool.she supports all the team members as wrll as we celebrate special occasions at tim.

Pros

tips

Cons

not free food

A decent get your feet wet job, not a long term job.

Its a job that many use as a stepping stone. The longer you stay the worse it gets. This location pays well, but has a high staff turnover. At the end of the day you have to ask yourself how desperate you are for a job.

Pros

Allways paid on time

Cons

long hours, stressfull, high turnover, unrealistic demands

Fun

Their all good and depend on the staff, how to be fun with but for me I really love working, we have incentive that we give to our staff if ever we hit tge target of the day

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Stand for long hour

Mediocre

You are made to feel very insignificant, “ replaceable”. It’s a environment for lots of unnecessary drama. Just looked at it like a pay check there’s no where to move up in the company you’ll always be a underpaid staff member

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, under appreciated

Fun First Job

Definitely a good starting out job, however I do know people who have been there for 15+ years because they love the company so much. It's a good easy stating job. It does get stressful during the peek hours of the day but other than that its smooth sailing. It is a great job. This was my first job and I couldn't be more happy. It taught me a lot of lessons that helped me to be successful today.

Pros

Free Baked goods and Hot drinks!!!

Cons

Uniform pants aren't made for tall people.

Terrible place to work at

The managers suck and they only care when they’re right. Even if an employee is nice they don’t care and still treat us terribly. A typical day isn’t nice, we get yelled at by everyone, and get praised for rushing through as many customers as possible.

Pros

You can take the expired food home & tips

Cons

Everyone sucks

Hard but It's a job

Rush hour sucks, but I had an okay time, we get good tips, I think it's a good place to start out for a first-time job seeker. Manager is a little intmidating,

Pros

discounted food

It’s a good starter job

I worked at Tim hortons in 2017/2018 while I was attending high school in my graduating year I worked here part time so I was only getting around 20 hours a pay check (bi-weekly) making minimum wage which was I think 11.50 in 2017 I’m not quite sure…overall it was a good job, they understood my work and school balance and paid fairly for the work you do, the coworkers were very nice and the manager was also very friendly. It’s a great starter job for high school students.

Pros

Paid Fairly, Friendly Co-Workers, Understandable Manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K