Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Fun
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON17 April 2018
It's a fast paced environment, everyday day brings something new. Great people make the work environment fun and exciting. There are many oportunities to grow and advance.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Well managed and fast paced environment
Store Front Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 April 2018
Being an employee at tim hortons showed me how to manage time well because things have to be done fast in order for customers to be happy. the hardest part of the job was baking
Productive, safe and fun workplace environment with a wonderful staff.
Tim Hortons Team Member (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 April 2018
A typical day working at Tim Hortons was very busy and fast paced. Due to busyness, I learned how to work well under pressure alone and among my team members.
Pros
Free lunches, amazing people
Cons
constantly standing
as below
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC17 April 2018
Job entailed, cleaning tables, washing dishes, ensure floors were clean. Occasional Cashier Assistant work. Nice people to work , with . Good Manager.
Pros
discounts
Cons
unknown set hours of work
productive work place
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Niverville, MB17 April 2018
work was usually fun and busy but management does not have your back they are rude and not caring at all.they blame everything on a person when they don't even work,the talk behind your back. During the winder rushes get slow and there is not much to do. I enjoy being able to bond and interact with the customers
Pros
breaks
Cons
not enough staff
My experience of first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
I learned about brew coffee, making sandwiches, write time on coffee and foods for expire time, and cleaning.

My most enjoyable job of the job is teamwork. It can help their duties and they need help what they need.

My hardest part of the job is do my own duties and more active meanwhile co-worker standing and do nothing.

Management is really friendly and encourage Co-worker to do their duties.
Pros
Discount 50% foods
Cons
lots of work
Part time position
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 April 2018
Part time position at Tim Hortons.
The peers are all very friendly and the manager had a great management style. Team bonding and training skills are outstanding
great place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 April 2018
Great company to work for!! The trainer is just AMAZING, very knowledgeable, collected and selfless. Positive work environment where people feel valued and appreciated.
Hard work but good team
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 April 2018
It is my first job and i liked it. It is a little bit hard because people are always demanding. The management is fine but some of the owners are really greedy.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
hard job
Amazing people, amazing job
cashier/overnight baker (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ON17 April 2018
Absolutely loved everything about working at Tim Hortons, the staff, the shifts, how fast paced it is! And there is one in almost every town so it is easy for you to take you knowledge anywhere in Canada if you relocate.
Always moving
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Courtice, ON16 April 2018
Great place to work! Love meeting new people everyday! My co workers were the highlight of my day. Everyday was a new thing. Would recommend working here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Alright starter job
Storefront Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 April 2018
Can either be a very fun or very frustrating work environment depending on your personality. The Tims I work at is extremely chaotic and some customers don't treat you well. Supervisors are either too intense or too lax. Is good for a first job. Easy to book time off if you need. You would learn how to make food, drinks, and take care of health standards around restaurant. Management at my store will specifically book people hours in ways to minimize giving you breaks, and if you have a four hour shift they'll often leave your break until the last half hour of your shift just in case they send you home.
Pros
Discount on food, pretty good coworkers
Cons
low-key rough hours and the work itself kinda sucks
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 April 2018
A fun environment, always feels like I'm working with family. I would prefer a job with more benefits as Tim Horton's does not offer too many. Customers are usually extremely cranky, as well.
staff members
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 April 2018
i was working there as a cashier, CSR. my co workers, supervisors and managers they were very nice nd easy to talk to them.we usually enjoy there a lot.
Fun when you like your coworkers.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 April 2018
Can be fun if you have cool coworkers, but customers are terrible at times. Very fast-paced. If you have a positive attitude, you'll have a much better experience.
Fun Workplace
Cashier, Food Making and Cleaning (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 April 2018
Working at Tim Horton's was a great experience. Sometimes the job can get a little overwhelming, but I had a great team that would remind me not to feel overwhelmed, and they would help me with any situation I came across if I need it.
Pros
40% Discount
Cons
Short Hours
Physically Demanding to Stand for long periods of time
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nobleton, ON16 April 2018
This job requires you to stand for a long period of time. It is communication based if you are working with customers you should be able to interact and help customers. There are other areas such as bus boy where you are not interacting as much but cleaning washrooms, sweeping and moping the store and more.
Tim Hortons is a great first job
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON16 April 2018
Working at Tim Hortons is very fast past. I have learned that getting a job done right and on time is very important. The management their is good. Everyone is treated like equals. I would say that the hardest part of the job is having to deal with very angry customers because you want to resolve the issue but if you did it wrong then the whole situation gets blown out of proportion. The best part of the job is the social spect of it. Getting to meet new people every day is amazing!
Pros
Free donuts, timbits and hot drinks
Feels like family
Store Front / Deli / Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 April 2018
you will always hhave people you butt heads with at any job, but working at tim hortons definitely felt like i was always able to work to my potential with my given tools (in a work day at tim hortons) and encouraged to do so.
Productive Workplace
Cashier, Baker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 April 2018
Awesome workplace i learned lot of new things specially team work and Quickly became a trusted assistant known for “can-do” attitude, flexibility and high-quality work.
Pros
discount on various items
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.

53.5K