Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews

Found 16,087 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,359 reviews

Fast pace

You work hard when your there for minimum wage. It’s all about speed and Drive Thru times! You pay for your benefits and no paid lunch. You get 1/2 hr lunch during 8 hr shift.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Under paid

Fun

I would recommend this for anyone great job experience meet as kinds of life unique cultural backgrounds as team members come and go it was a pleasure to work with

Bad workplace with even worse management.

Don't work here unless you wanna be treated badly. First two weeks or so was okay then after that it kinda went downhill. The manager excepts you to dop like so much work within a certain amount of time which is unreleastic and there is so much favoritism going on it's unprofessional and toxic.

Not Recommended.

The only thing that will make you stay there are the friends that you made there. Otherwise, management or other staff members will be mean and will shout at you. Very stressful job because it requires a lot of management and the ability to do things fast. Sadly, management only cares about the speed and not the quality of the service. So most of the time, there would be problems with orders or they won't care about the client at all. The pay is dirt cheap and is not worth the psychological torture (exaggeration) that they give you. There has been times where a person did not get paid multiple hours and forgot to pay that person. They also try and cheat the staff by firing you and saying that you resigned so that their company doesn't have to pay the 4% that you are entitled to after the termination. All in all, it is a horrible place to work in.

Pros

Make a couple of friends (if you're lucky), free lunches.

Cons

Dirt cheap pay, stressful, unprofessional, very short breaks.

Its good to be a part of this organization

I love working here. It gives us the experience we are looking for in respect to customer service. I have learned a lot in my past and am looking forward to learn more.

pas vraiment aimer l'ambiance

je n'ai pas aimé l'ambiance, malgré qu'on soit plusieurs, mais l'esprit d'équipe n'est pas présente

Tu doit être rapide et être capable de faire plusieurs choses en même temps

J’ai passé un bon moment, l’équipe était compréhensive et respectueuse , mais je vivais des moments trop difficiles dans ma vie personnel et je n’arrivais plus à suivre le rythme.

Pros

P√Ętisseries gratuites ainsi que le caf√© et chocolat chaud

Cons

Pause de 15 minutes et 30 minutes pour repas non payé

Fast paced enjoyable atmosphere

I throughly enjoyed my employment at Tim hortons and would have continued there if possible. The managementis wonderful and I enjoyed most of colleagues

Stressful, Catty, Gossipy, ....and not trained well

The practices at Tim Hortons are consistently change. Some months they will be very specific about how things are done and some months they will let things slide. They will stick you in a position wether you like it or not... So be vocal about what position you do not want to work at. Counter can be boring and bares the brunt of most of the chours and stocking.... this is the position most people will start at. If you are bossy and vocal you will move up the ranks quickly. If you are shy and sensitive you will be taken advantage of.

Pros

Free Coffee, while you are clocked in.

Cons

Stressful, yelling, venting, no hours, or too many hours.

This place would overwork you but won't pay you what you deserve.

Worked here for a year, management is bad. All they care about is the drive-through time. Won't even listen to reasons if you did something wrong. If you do everything in the store, they would just let you get tired and let your other coworkers slack around. Traumatized me for life, we also don't get to defend ourselves against rude customers.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Unfair Pay

Jobs at Tim Hortons

See more jobs

Find somewhere else

In the year and a half I worked for Tim Hortons specifically under J Agnew Foods I was told by many how replaceable I was and that I should get out as soon as I could. And they were right, they suck your soul and will use you until you drop. Owners don’t want to pay for more staff so management short staffs afternoon shift constantly. Management does not communicate with their staff and when they do it’s normally very short or it’s them telling us that they do not care, and everyone is miserable. I will never go back as a customer nor a worker. I would advise anyone looking for a job to seek elsewhere before you loose your sanity and will to live!

Pros

Cons

Management, not enough staff, angry customers

Formation simple et efficace

L'entreprise portait de belle valeurs avant d'√™tre achet√© par Burger King. Le d√©veloppement des employ√©s est une de leur priorit√©. Malheureusement, les propri√©taire de certain restaurant Tim Hortons g√Ęchent l'exp√©rience des clients et des employ√©s.

Pros

Bonne flexibilité d'horraire

Cons

Mauvaise communication avec l'employeur

It was to fast and a bit hard working with people

At first I like working at the Tim Hortons and also enjoyed doing the Training and it was amazing to say I was working for myself and not others in fact I hade few mistakes and some misunderstood about there languages but I know I can do better to next new jobs that suit me the most..

Pros

Discount

Cons

8 hours

Please Spare Yourself

Managers constantly talked poorly about staff in other languages (I could speak the language too but they didn’t know). Overworked teens and yelled at staff often. Customers were almost always grumpy (haven’t had their coffee yet). Coworkers backstabbed each other constantly. Underpaid, hard to move up and high turn over.

Pros

1 free small beverage and 1 free bakery item (a timbit or cookie) per 4+ hr shift

Cons

Long hours, rude customers and managers. Toxic environment.

Fun workplace with minimal effort

When you work at Tim Hortons you have to do literally anything and everything so you're never bored which is something I like in a job that can be downtime here or there waiting on customers to pull in but only if you've already cleaned your station and mop the floors and check the bathrooms all that good stuff ūüėÖ

High stress work environment

Management is not very accommodating or understanding and fast paced service and angry customers make for a toxic work environment in general. It's a good was to make friends as a minor as there mostly employees in that age group.

Fast paste environment, flexible hours..

It's a really good place to work if your just wanting part-time or full-time,they are really easy to get along with when it comes to family and great environment..

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Sore feet..so just move alot instead of standing still..maybe dance lol

It’s decent

Pending on the location you apply and get the job, most of the co workers you have are against you and will always have an issue with you alone. And the boss at the same location is always rude and treats you horribly regardless on if you have disabilities or trying to get better and the boss will expect you to be on point the first shift you have. In general, it depends on the location you apply too. Overall, it’s an alright job. Pays decent too.

Pros

The benefits they give you after 3 month probation

Cons

Some bosses and/or co workers are rude and against you

Uniforme

L’uniforme est super confortable super léger et surtout très beau à mon gout

Pros

Repas 30% de rabais

Cons

Aucun

It was an OK place to work but i wouldn't recommend

Mornings were pretty busy since a lot of people came to Tim's for coffee BUT that was the problem. If you have a 6 am shift expect to start 15-30mins earlier because it was understaffed and there would only be 2 people in the entire store for 50-100 clients... out of those two people, there would usually be the overnight baker and a crew member, so it was basically just the crew member working and it wasn't the best situation.

Pros

50% off food, free coffee, free food sometimes

Cons

Repetitive, long days

Truck Driver at the Calgary distribution centre

Terrible management they couldn’t even get the run set up for the upcoming bid in over a year, annual salary is terrible 62,000 when you take home $1750 in two weeks is pathetic for a truck driver, considering their shifts are not good when you work night continentals and are on night shift for line haul. I heard from the warehouse employees it’s run like a prison all management cares about is their bonuses they also had 100% turnover rate with the warehouse staff in the last year.

Pros

Employee discount on products

Cons

Low wage terrible shifts and schedule and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K