Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews for Team Member

Found 2,545 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,359 reviews

Fun and relaxed, fast paced at times, great customer base

I enjoyed my time at Tim Hortons but needed to find something with more hours and fair working conditions. At times management was unfair to certin co-workers

Pros

Nice atmosphere to work in, interacting with customers

Cons

No cons really

Worst Workplace to work

I work at one of the busiest locations with only 3 workers from 10:00 PM to 11:00 pm. Then only 2 people till 5:00 Am. There is so much pressure and in the morning you have to worry about window timing and your supervisor is worried about that only and because of that people serve stale coffee, tea to customers. Window timing is good for Tim Hortons but not for employees and customers. The hardest part is that you are working crazy for 8 hours and you are covering at least 2 people at a time and in the end, you get minimum wage and Owners can get away with everything.

Tims

This place is a good job for students, fast paced environment, standards must be met and followed. Advancement doesn't happen often. The pay sucks! For a big named corporation they would be paying a way more than minimum wage.

Stress-induce environment with unprofessional management

I worked at Tim’s for about a year as my first customer service job. Out of the (current) 4 jobs I’ve ever worked, it was by far the worst. Management was ridiculous at my location. Our store manager was EXTREMELY unprofessional for what the company standard was. Rarely ever wore her uniform, disrespectful to employees and customers, picked favourites and A LITTLE manipulate to be honest. The benefits and discounts that this company offered was ridiculous. Working here gave me genuine trauma. The only good thing about this place was my co-workers. Most of them were very friendly and funny people to be around.

Pros

Fun co-workers

Cons

Stressful work environment, unprofessional, poor management

Everyone at Tim hortons is ver productive and sweet

Tim Hortons is a great environment and everyone makes you feel welcome. Someone is always willing to help when you need it and it’s helps you gain work experienced its very fast paced at for but you get the hang of it really fast overall 10 out of 10!

Pros

You get 50% of discount on your breaks and tips

Cons

Some rude customers

Bad workplace with even worse management.

Don't work here unless you wanna be treated badly. First two weeks or so was okay then after that it kinda went downhill. The manager excepts you to dop like so much work within a certain amount of time which is unreleastic and there is so much favoritism going on it's unprofessional and toxic.

Cons

This place would overwork you but won't pay you what you deserve.

Worked here for a year, management is bad. All they care about is the drive-through time. Won't even listen to reasons if you did something wrong. If you do everything in the store, they would just let you get tired and let your other coworkers slack around. Traumatized me for life, we also don't get to defend ourselves against rude customers.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Unfair Pay

High stress work environment

Management is not very accommodating or understanding and fast paced service and angry customers make for a toxic work environment in general. It's a good was to make friends as a minor as there mostly employees in that age group.

It’s Timmies...

Honestly, great management. I don’t know if they’re still there, but they were amazing and helped with anything I needed. The floor workers could be petty sometimes, but all in all it was fun. The best part was the customers

Pros

Customers and CoWorkers

Cons

On your feet the whole time

Good first job but they underpay staff

It's a good and fast paced job but they under pay employees who put in a lot of work. I spend a lot of time doing chores and cleaning. Making drinks and food and talking to coustomers. Consisntatly doing something.

Pros

60% off purchases on shift

Cons

Rude coustomers, low salary

Jobs at Tim Hortons

Team Member positions
See more jobs

workplace culture

i love to work at timhortans.I love to make sandwiches and talk to custmors.i enjoy to take order at drive through and make food.my manager is so helpuful and cool.she supports all the team members as wrll as we celebrate special occasions at tim.

Pros

tips

Cons

not free food

Terrible place to work at

The managers suck and they only care when they’re right. Even if an employee is nice they don’t care and still treat us terribly. A typical day isn’t nice, we get yelled at by everyone, and get praised for rushing through as many customers as possible.

Pros

You can take the expired food home & tips

Cons

Everyone sucks

Constantly stressed and overworked

We would work 8 hour shifts and receive 2 15 minute breaks instead of at least 1 half hour lunch break which was not enough time to eat by the time you got your food. We were also expected to cover multiple roles at once while people were on break and were made to feel slow and like we were bad employees if we weren’t also restocking while doing 2 jobs. I had a manager who seemed like they hated everyone and people were literally trying to switch to morning shifts instead of nights to get away from them. We also were expected to find someone to cover our shift when we were sick and if we couldn’t then we had to come in sick or not. They made taking sick days feel like something we could control and that we should never take them even though by law we were entitled to them. My location also would not let you work a shift shorter than 6 hours and that was only for students because we didn’t get out of class until after the shift started. Everyone else had to work 8 hours with almost no exceptions. The only pros were the free drinks and cheap food while we were working and sometimes is things were slow and we rushed to finish all of our chores we could go home early. The tips were by far the best part and I usually made an extra hours worth of pay in tips alone.

Pros

Really good tips, discounted food and drinks

Cons

Long hours, overworked, under appreciated, had to work while sick

Terrible coworkers

Great customers but my coworkers made work TERRIBLE for me. Only one person was nice to me. I was constantly being snapped at and looked down on. I was constantly the only person asked to clean the bathroom because nobody else wanted to. So many things happened, I had to leave for family and mental health reasons.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Terrible coworkers

Good as entry-level job

Working at a fast-food restaurant can be overwhelming, and the experience is the same at Tim Hortons. It is a good option for students who seek part-time opportunities and have little or no experience.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Never ending work

Normally Minimum Wage job working fast food

I have worked for Tim Hortons for over an year. In that year I have advance through many positions. Counter, Soup & Sandwich, Baker, Trainer, Midnights, and all Drive Thru positions.Like most fast food jobs there are certain unrealistic times you need to aim for, but when not being forced to meet those times, the job is fairly enjoyable. Management and Supervisors are given very likely leway in what is expected of the employees, also as you follow the guidelines you can have very likely difficulties.The Tims benefits are comparable to other benefits proved by minimum wage companies, but the amounts tgey actually pay out are ridiculously low.

Pros

Discounted lunches

Cons

Unrealictic job expectations

Don’t do it

Biggest mistake of my life working for Tim Hortons and 99% of the people I work with feel they exact same. If you wanna work for a company that will under staff you, make you work injured, give you the bare minimum payment with the bare minimum breaks and constantly over work you and eventually make you crazy… tims is for you…. Go anywhere else lol

Pros

Nothing is worth working here

Cons

Everything!!!

Stressful

Working at Tims introduced me to great friends, but the work was fast paced and stressful. Management, scheduling, and pay was poor. You work super early mornings and only get two 15 minute breaks for an 8 hour shift. It is an exhausting job. Since you work so closely with others, their personalities make or break the job. I've had some bad days there, and I've also had lots of laughs there. Surviving in that hellhole brings everyone close together.

Pros

50% off food during your shift and you make great friends

Cons

Early mornings, constantly short staffed, terrible management, underpaid

management is poor and tense environment

truthfully the management was poorly ran and more yelling than positive reassurance was ever given, it felt more like a chore each day even though everybody there tried to always do and make the best of it. Which is odd how hard we used to be worked considering now the products i receive are normally garbage or poorly done

Pros

25% discount

Cons

poor management

Don’t work for Tims, they treat their employees like trash

Tim Hortons is awful. They don’t pay you for breaks but only give you 2 15s in an 8 hour shift, expect you to be on your feet all day and be go go go, no stopping. They treat their employees like trash. Management is over worked and usually they favour certain staff members. If you become a shift lead, good luck! Your pay goes up a few cents and they blame every issue on you. They expect their drive thru times to be 13 seconds, they’re absolutely awful.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

No training structure

On the 1st day of my training after washing my hands, they said, take order. Yes, you read correctly. No training structure. Just work like machine and they expected that you’re already aware about its menu so, you can take order. Are you fcuking kidding me!!?? To place an order and to take order from customer is different, they didn’t understand this normal common thing. Lack of management and never maintained cleanliness at all.

Pros

God knows

Cons

Stress and insult

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K