Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews for Restaurant Staff

Found 62 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,431 reviews

Productive and Tiring Workplace

All team members are responsible to serve fast to customers. Mornings are the busiest time than the afternoon. The duties and responsibilities are a lot.

Only tolerable because of teammates!

I worked for a franchise so maybe your experience would be different in corporate but we were severely understaffed, treated badly, expected to do questionable things like serve expired food and talked down to by customers.

Pros

Occasional free food

Cons

Long hours, always busy & understaffed

Tim Hortons

Great employees. Great customers. Very friendly. It was great learning and proving new skills and it was easy learning them because the workers took time to teach , nothing was rushed

Fast-paced but a comfortable routine

The most stressful thing about working at Tim Hortons is trying to keep your “times” (how long it takes to serve someone), under approx. 30 seconds. Managers want to meet goals which can feel pressuring but if you can handle it at first it becomes second nature. Also forces you to have good chemistry and dynamic with staff around you, can be mindlessly fun if working with good people!

fast and greatteam work

Positive reviews are a great way to boost employee morale and keep your team motivated to deliver awesome experiences every day. Check out how Hard Rock Cafe gave their employee a shoutout

Easy first job

It was an easy job. Worked full-time during rush hour. Really fast paced. Had to know how to make everything by heart. Little to no help on how to work once you did the "tests" online.

Wonderful and understanding management. Great coworkers. Fast-paced work environment but helps shifts go by faster. Only downside is break/lunch times (2 15 minute, or 1 30 minute break/lunch)

Productive and fun workplace

Everyone in the workplace gets introduced to one another so it felt safe knowing who I work with during every shift. The team members, supervisors and managers can communicate well in order to get jobs done. It's a great for someone who had no previous work experience.

Pros

Some food and beverage items are free for lunch, the items that are not free are discounted

Cons

At first, working under a fast paced environment can be stressful

Decent workplace environment

Good first-time workplace for students; flexible shifts, decent wage. Improves customer service skills. Provides a space to learn the basics of employment.

Hard workplace

One will learn about making coffee and tea. Also, one will develop customer service skills, communication skills, etc. The hardest part of the job has required the speed to doing work.

Jobs at Tim Hortons

Restaurant Staff positions
See more jobs

Review

I loved Tim Hortons because it was fast paced and I loved learning how to perform my job better and faster when it was very busy hours. I was trained very well I learned how to do my job fast and efficiently

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Shortages on products

Good staff and fast paced environment

very fast paced environment most great staff hardest part of the job was difficult customers most enjoyable part of the job was building customer relationships and gaining life long friendships

horrible

The workers are extremely hostile. The workplace was not a happy environment, many workers were rude to the younger people and pushed them around, enjoyed giving dogs timbits

Productive and fast-paced work environment

Make coffees and other drinks when working in drive-thru as well as grab any bakery orders. Clean any brewers and make sure all the coffee and teas were fresh for a maximum of 20 minutes

Fast paced workplace, team environment

Tasks are simple and easy to learn. Most customers are polite. Team members were friendly and easy to work with. At busy times of the day, the work is fast-paced and repetitive. Free coffee for employees during shift

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Not easy to advance in a longterm career

the customers are almost as worse as the management

ya dont expect to get much done with managament, and then the customers treat you like a peasant. i worked at Tim Hortons for 2 year and it easy heck and i could not wait to levae. dont work there unless you love a good workplace culture.

Working at Tim Hortons

I enjoyed working there because of the great co-workers. The job was not difficult because I enjoy social interactions with customers and co-workers.

Good work culture amongst team members

I enjoyed my time at Tim’s, and got along really well with other employees. Schedules are very flexible to fit your needs. It will help you gain experience working with a wide variety of people and learning how to provide customer service.

Pros

A free drink daily

Cons

Little advancement

Productive with activities variety

As a team member of the restaurant it was an opportunity to work with different people and be able to improve skills in communication. Learn the whole sales procces, from taking orders to deliver it to customers.

Unbearable working conditions but the employees are amazing

The employee's themselves were so fun, we were all the same age so we got along very well. This made it easy to work together to achieve workplace goals and provide quick service. However, the management and working conditions at this location were unbearable.

Productive and busy place to work

Enjoyed working here, and I enjoyed the people I worked with. I learned many skills working here including customer service, adapting to a fast paced environment, and proper time management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K