Tim Hortons logo
Happiness score is 55 out of 100Below average

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 697 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,359 reviews

It’s a good starter job

I worked at Tim hortons in 2017/2018 while I was attending high school in my graduating year I worked here part time so I was only getting around 20 hours a pay check (bi-weekly) making minimum wage which was I think 11.50 in 2017 I’m not quite sure…overall it was a good job, they understood my work and school balance and paid fairly for the work you do, the coworkers were very nice and the manager was also very friendly. It’s a great starter job for high school students.

Pros

Paid Fairly, Friendly Co-Workers, Understandable Manager

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work. Managers are not respectful. Never they provide benefits. They try to dont pay insurance. Long shifts without lunch time. They keep workers number low in each shift, u should work instead of 2 person.

Pros

nothing, just u are working and u have salary.

Cons

Stressful and demands running running and running

One of the best starter jobs you can get

This job teaches you everything. This is one of the best starter jobs that you can get.I feel like you learn so much and everyone is super happy to teach you.

I loved the other employees they treat you with a lot of respect overall great

I worked for them for about three years and I loved my co-workers and the manager was nice at first but it was mostly tough love you could say. Be STRAIGHT forward with the hours you want! Best of luck!!

Pros

Good hours and free drinks! Staff parties love love loved it!

Cons

Underpaid LOL never got a raise after being there for so long

Mediocre

Tim Horton's is a decent first job, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is overwhelmed easy. With poor management and rude customers, the workplace oftentimes hectic

Pros

Discount on food

Cons

Long hours, chaotic workplace

Hard to do

This job is mentally and physically hard on a person especially with any type of medical issues. The constant stress of more or less the people who you work with is terrible. The customers are the easiest part of the job and don’t make it as hard to work there as the coworkers do

Pros

50% off food and free coffee on shift

Cons

Too much stress for the amount paid

Greatly enjoyed my coworkers and customers

I enjoyed working at Tim Hortons. Everyone was wonderful to work with. The owners are very helpful.The customers were the best part of the job. It's a busy environment and I find time passing quickly. There is always something to learn which keeps the job interesting.

Pros

Free tea and coffee

Cons

Hard to get full time

Management was all over the place

We didn't have strong supervisor / management and therefore we worked in chaos most of the time. Very poorly run from the top.However, the job itself was great when we were properly staffed.

Not a fun workplace be cause people aren’t nice, like your coworkers

I hate it there because they put a lot of pressure, they don’t care about your mental health all they want it’s that you make money for them, and quickly plus they don’t pay as they’re supposed too and they do things that they’re not allowed like : not paying you at all or firing you with no reason so they just force you to sign a paper that says that you decided to quit. They will push you so hard to the edge till you want to quit , they will ask you why and instead of resolve the probleme they will give you the things you don’t want

Cons

Long hours, lot of pressure, you can start at like 5 am

Working at Tim Hortons was alright as a part time job but a having it as a full time job is not a good idea.

A typical day at work starts with you getting dressed into your Tim Hortons uniform and clocking in. After that it’s just endless chores/fast-paced work with almost no time for rest. On less busy days it is usually not this hectic but 8/10 it is too much work to do for minimum wage. The building i worked in was tiny and felt like a cage.

Pros

Close location to home

Cons

Busy, negative moods, awkward employees, lots of non-stop tasks

Jobs at Tim Hortons

Customer Service Associate / Cashier positions
See more jobs

Fun fast paced when busy

Very flexible hours, you can pretty much take as many hours as available to you so lots of room for you to decide. Thorough and helpful online training before on the job training begins. There is always a manager or another staff member around to help you if you need it.Most shifts are fast paced and go by rather quickly. My location usually gives 7-9 hours shifts in the mornings and the afternoon/evening shifts vary from 5-9 hour shifts.

Pros

Discounted food on break and while not working

Cons

Mean customers sometimes

Very energized ,and fast past

You must work as a team or it cant work it's a confined space and a busy place, find what your good at in there and you will do great the hours are flexible

Pros

Everyone becomes like family to you

Cons

If there is one bad apple they can make you very unhappy

Productive fun fast passed environment

It’s a good place to work good team players and tandom teams I love meeting new people and enjoy serving the public but not much room for advancement

Pros

Love servicing the public

Cons

Not much room for advancement

Fast & fun

I worked a different location then came back, because I missed it. I enjoy giving coffee etc. to people and seeing them smile. The shifts go fast and you get the day to yourself I love all my co-workers and managers. Thank you ❣️

Pros

Easy

Cons

Fast paced for slow learners

Unprofessional and lazy management.

Management is in shambles. It is a very unprofessional workplace to be a part of. Communication does not exist. Workplace harassment is not addressed or dealt with. Multiple employees quit/left due to bad management and lack of care towards employees and workplace structure. Work here if you like being treated unfairly,unkindly and as though your a worthless cog in a severely malfunctioning broken machine.

Pros

Free coffee, regular customers, food discount

Cons

Bad management, hostile work environment, no organization, no communication

Good work place

I was there for only six months, they were flexible between my schedule for school. Had a great team, everyone was friendly would recommend working here

Restrictive and Stressful

Customers treat you terribly, higher ups encourage the bending/breaking of health and safety protocol and compromising accuracy in the interest of speed. No benefits, inconsistent hours that range anywhere from 3am to 11pm.

Tim Hortons

I enjoyed it while I was there though felt management could have been nicer and put my thoughts into consideration. I would gladly work there again if need be

The staff was amazing, but not a worthwhile job.

The amount of hard labour this job requires its employees to fulfil is highly unreasonable considering the minimum wage pay. There are a number of reasons why I chose to leave after three years of employment with the Tim Hortons company. Though, one of the most evident reasons I left was due from the ill-treatment I received from customers and the unrealistic tasks assigned from management (without a raise in pay).

Pros

Free coffee and donuts

Cons

Long hours, hard tasks, tedious

Horrible

Horrible experience petty managers and too young for the job. Always rude and expecting us to do everything and to know everything right away. Just horrible experience wouldn’t recommend it

Pros

Cons

As said above

My review of the establishment is like a neutral. I have to leave the store because I had gotten a beter paying job

I was working full time job there. I was never late. I never let my manager down by doing anything that would cause the company to go into more loss. I had always given more ideas and had always been involved in the team and a team memeber

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K