Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,957 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,362 reviews

Mediocre

You are made to feel very insignificant, “ replaceable”. It’s a environment for lots of unnecessary drama. Just looked at it like a pay check there’s no where to move up in the company you’ll always be a underpaid staff member

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Underpaid, overworked, under appreciated

Not Recommended.

The only thing that will make you stay there are the friends that you made there. Otherwise, management or other staff members will be mean and will shout at you. Very stressful job because it requires a lot of management and the ability to do things fast. Sadly, management only cares about the speed and not the quality of the service. So most of the time, there would be problems with orders or they won't care about the client at all. The pay is dirt cheap and is not worth the psychological torture (exaggeration) that they give you. There has been times where a person did not get paid multiple hours and forgot to pay that person. They also try and cheat the staff by firing you and saying that you resigned so that their company doesn't have to pay the 4% that you are entitled to after the termination. All in all, it is a horrible place to work in.

Pros

Make a couple of friends (if you're lucky), free lunches.

Cons

Dirt cheap pay, stressful, unprofessional, very short breaks.

Hard but It's a job

Rush hour sucks, but I had an okay time, we get good tips, I think it's a good place to start out for a first-time job seeker. Manager is a little intmidating,

Pros

discounted food

Fast paced work environment

Working at Timhortons is easy if you are a patient person. You’ll need to practice your patience with annoying customers. It’s also fast paced but gre

Pros

Great hours, more work hours

Cons

Stand all day

Fast paced environment

The job is very demanding and you need to be aware of what is going on at all times. You need to address customers complaints in a timely manner and don’t forget to give them their coupon for a free cooffee next time

Horrible place

They had me work the manager roll without the pay, I never had a review or pay increase, they never gave me benefits, they were extremely rude when I needed a day off, they often had be working 14 days straight! They allowed for people to be lazy and not work, the manager was so lazy! And often left really early! It’s the worst job I’ve ever had, they don’t have your back either ! If a customer comes in a threatens your life over a sandwhich I have to give them what they want and then get introubke later for it. When covid started my tim hortons was the last one to get mask or even gloves, th owner is so cheap! She cut everyone’s hours so she qualified for the government small business check... never never apply to work there

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

No help, no pay increase, manager attitude, owner cheap, lack of leadership, bullying, lazy

Great first Job

This was the best first job you can get. Every one is super supportive and helpful and wanting you to learn. I cant say there are any better place to learn.

Loved the team

I worked at a smaller location and absolutely loved the staff I worked with. It’s a fast paced job and lots to learn but your first couple days is going over the training on the computer. Would recommend!

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

On feet all day

Good first job at the cost of your sanity

I worked at Tim Hortons for a little under a year and got to speak to several coworkers to fully understand the inner-working of the store. All employees were extremely underpaid for the work they were doing, some employees even taking the tasks of supervisors without the raise in pay. Even those who were promoted to supervisor only got a raise of maximum 20 cents. It was an extremely stressful job for the time I worked there in high school, I found myself overwhelmed by the piling expectations of superiors after hardly being trained at all. I would say that this job would be good for a first-time job as it's easy to pass an interview, but beware that it has no benefits, has low wages, and you only get discounts on your un-paid break (a measly discount of 30%). There are good people who work there so the atmosphere was fun, however, I wouldn't recommend working there for longer than a year— if you're expecting a raise, it won't happen.

Pros

Friendly co-workers and a good first job

Cons

Low wages, no benefits, stressful environment

It was something I ne er done before it was always working in calling centers

While working at Tim Hortons it wasent easy at first . But after getting use to the routine I liked it got along with the other workers. They were nice and so was the manager . I would go back to work again at Tim Hortons it did had cross my mind somedays 😊

Pros

Not always free lunches

Cons

Depends

Jobs at Tim Hortons

Cashier positions
See more jobs

It was an OK Job

I was hired about 2 months after I applied with a friend recommending me that works there. I worked there for about 1 Month and thought the job was way too much. For example, I was mostly working on mobile orders and prepping them whenever people hit prepare now on the app. Whenever they got there they complained that the drink was too warm or too cold. The thing is that THEY hit PREPARE NOW whenever they were 40-50 minutes away. So my workload was doubled or tripled every time a customer arrived because THEY hit the button too early but for some reason, it was always my fault. Apart from that, the employees were extremely nice and always made me want to work there even if it was just for minimum wage.

Pros

Great Employees

Cons

No promotion opportunities, Long Hours, Weird Brakes

Horrible place to work

Very ineffective leaders. Unsympathetic. They make assumptions and refuse to look at the situation in any other way than their assumptions. The management play faviurited with scheduling, and job assignments

Pros

Free drinka

Cons

Horrible management

Hard work

To stressful for the pay and when they say come join our family as a slogan to grab people's attention they really mean join their family! Never see your family working there and when you do you're crabby, stressed out,and just don't wanna be bothered because you had to deal with rude ignorant customers.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Long hours, under appreciated, taken advantage of treated like less then perfect if you call in.

good place to work at

always good worker and good with others always have smile on face always have good mind set never late only time late something important but I always call tell if can in late

Pros

Good listen fast learn

Cons

Nights

Good coworkers but Terrible Management

-Short staff only 2 at evening and 2 at graveyard which sucks for both the team member and customer.-Schedule is crazy sometimes my schedule is morning then evening and sometimes graveyard.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Short staff

Nice place to work friendly staff

Always keep your work receipts. Do you very best. It is a friendly and clean environment to work in and with. I did enjoy my job. Did not really like wearing uniforms.

Pros

Fee coffee while on the job

Cons

Have to pay for your food whil on the job

Bad environment and the management wasn’t the best

They cut my shifts down to one a week and would not give me more no matter how much I asked but gave all the other part time workers more shifts. The management would also eat and drink free meals as they want but fire employees that would drink one drink every shift.

Pros

Met some cool people

Cons

Management was hypocritical and rude

okay job

The management had favourite employees and would listen to only he/she wanted to, too pushy to advertise products, and had to multiple tasks at one time. The pay is too low, the management is unappreciative and they mostly care about drive thru time average. Sometimes, the management would sit in the office and would expect everyone to finish everything.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

only half hour lunch, pushy and unappreciative management

Amazing work place

Absolutely loved my time working for this company. Benefits are wonderful, atmosphere is friendly and cozy. You get very thorough training on the job and before you start.

Pros

Discounts during break

Awful

The only I liked about this there were some employees who were willing to help me and who gave bad attitude. There is a whole pandemic going on, how could you stop us from wearing gloves ? But in general,I hated working there. The environment was awful and there were only a handful of people I even liked working with. Management was the worst. I’ll never work there again. It could have just been the location but never again.

Pros

Free food

Cons

All the things listed at the top

Good entry level job

This was a good paying entry level job. The work wasn't to strenuous but had some outside work in the cold that was uncomfortable. Like the hours of operation as it was open 24/7 and could always get good food from their. Like the laid back atmosphere made it comfortable to interact with employees and customers. Tip were meagre and that something of dislikenment. Had a genuine benefit package for health and dental which is awesome and free snack to munch on that was nice.

Pros

Always accessible

Cons

Work in cold outside sometimes was uncomfortable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K