Tim Hortons logo
Happiness score is 55 out of 100Below average

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews for Barista

Found 166 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,359 reviews

Human resource management issue

Low income. Talk by Indian language too much. Wrong paycheque few time. Don't prepare medical for burn accident. Training is inconsistent among team members

Pros

Discount for lunch

Cons

Short time for break

Fun, very outgoing workplace. We had our ups and downs but at the end of the day we managed to keep things balanced.

It wasn’t as bad when I first started, though I faced a coupe of issues because I broke my glasses and they didn’t arrive for two weeks. I struggled with sight but after I got my glasses fixed and ordered lenses too everything just became easier. I would come more excited each day because I felt useless when the time I broke my glasses. I started asking for more shifts and I’d fill in others shifts sometimes. I would definitely work there again if I had the opportunity.

Pros

Everyone is friendly and open to meet people

Cons

During rush hours everyone would panic and we try hard to stay calm.

Please Spare Yourself

Managers constantly talked poorly about staff in other languages (I could speak the language too but they didn’t know). Overworked teens and yelled at staff often. Customers were almost always grumpy (haven’t had their coffee yet). Coworkers backstabbed each other constantly. Underpaid, hard to move up and high turn over.

Pros

1 free small beverage and 1 free bakery item (a timbit or cookie) per 4+ hr shift

Cons

Long hours, rude customers and managers. Toxic environment.

Fun First Job

Definitely a good starting out job, however I do know people who have been there for 15+ years because they love the company so much. It's a good easy stating job. It does get stressful during the peek hours of the day but other than that its smooth sailing. It is a great job. This was my first job and I couldn't be more happy. It taught me a lot of lessons that helped me to be successful today.

Pros

Free Baked goods and Hot drinks!!!

Cons

Uniform pants aren't made for tall people.

Fun but rude people to work with

I loved my job but girls were obnoxious and thought they could push me around. I did learn a lot though especially wearing a headset while helping drive through customers.

Pros

Free coffee and discount

Good Management

Tim Horton's offers an open and honest work environment. From the beginning they clearly stated all my rights in my work environment, before I signed them. They had a supervisor on-site during our training exercises, the supervisor guided us through each step of every job title. Tim Horton's is an exceptional work environment, the managers inspire their employee's to take up schooling, they implant seeds to inspire their employee's and it reflects onto the community.

Pros

Customers

Cons

Not Applicable

Productive and fun

I had a great experience working at my location. The only problem I had were customers being rude. But overall everything was great. Management handled their employees fairly.

Stressful because of management

My experience at Tim Hortons was stressful because they treated their employees like robots. Always on your case looking over shoulder every minute. Was there for a year and a half because needed income. They had a click there and they where treated much better then us.

Pros

Cons

Too stressful

Lot's of drama. No professional management

Very bad lazy management that have no clue what they are doing. Disrespectful to employees and over using their power by threatening them if the employees express their concerns. On top of it, a few days after I quit I started to hear that the management tell our customers that they fired me for not wearing a hat. How unprofessional and low it is. Even I addressed this to the hire level management it was no action or apology.donoraapologydone

Pros

free pastry

Cons

Horrible management

Entry level

Harassment and bullying by "veteran" staff. Unrealistic expectations Brownnosing, unprofessionalism, nepotism. Just stay a yr and never look back...

Pros

Free coffee, food...

Cons

Too many to list

Jobs at Tim Hortons

Barista positions
See more jobs

Never again

I cried almost everyday before work. the customers are awful and rude. the management is no better. I was tired one day and I leaned on the cash and my boss physically grabbed my hands and put them to my side, I had to stand like a robot. you get half an hour breaks for working an 8-hour shift. plus I didn't even get the job I applied for. I applied as a baker and I got hired as a team member. if your desperate for a job I promise you you will find something worth your time and energy because this certainly is NOT it.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

No heating in basement which is were the staff bathrooms are, no lunch room, rude management, forced to stand a certain way

Under it's original management, it was great

When originally working there, the atmosphere and work culture were great. Unfortunately, upon new ownership, it was terrible and management has no appreciation for work-life balance. I gave this a 3 because under original management it was an amazing job, however, after a shift in ownership it's basically a one.

Stressful

Treated poorly and unfair. Many places have their "favourites" and they don't give others a chance to even try. Rude managers and an overall horrible place to work.

fast pace place to work

it is a fast pace place to work, multi tasking a must have, dont apply if you cant. there is always something new to learn with new drinks and menu items

Good starters Job

I worked at Timmys for about 6 years on and off. It was my first job at 14 and the management was extremely flexible to let me work on the hours I was available. It is fast paced at times so the time can go by fast. They pay is pretty good for a starting job and they do pay more for as an essential worker during COVID 19. The management became almost family by the time I had quit for good.

Pros

Free coffee, flexible schedule, good management, fast paced

Cons

no guarantee on hours

It Keeps you alive

It's OK if you can find anywhere else to work But I would not consider making Tim Horton my life career unless I would be higher up in the official offices and not in the Tim Horton stores

Pros

Discount during your shift, Free Coffee during shift, Tips

Cons

Stressful, They expect a lot from you, Sometimes long Hours, Not enough Breaks

Great first job

It's a great working environment, really good for someone just starting a new job as the skills required aren't too complex for any regular person to learn

productive

it was fun meeting new people at work and taking orders by serving the customers in the best ways possible by understanding exactly what they require and love.

Tims

The bosses are the worst part of the job. Supervisors also don't care about unsafe work practices or hazards on the job. The worst job I've ever had I would not recommend to anyone unless you are in desperate need of money.

Cons

Managment is unreasonable

They have unity/team work

It is a nice work place and the people their are kind easy to work with.It is always busy costumers will come and go but I like it.Some of the costumers are not good but I just ignored and give them my best service with the smile.

Love working here

All the staff members, supervisors, co-workers are extremely good. They are very patient and co-operative. The schedule given by them is very flexible too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K