Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons
Happiness score is 55 out of 100Below average

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews for Baker

Found 1,204 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,363 reviews

Fun workplace with minimal effort

When you work at Tim Hortons you have to do literally anything and everything so you're never bored which is something I like in a job that can be downtime here or there waiting on customers to pull in but only if you've already cleaned your station and mop the floors and check the bathrooms all that good stuff 😅

Terrible.

Just no. Worked there for good while first time was pretty bad and second time even worst. Management assumes you know everything that is updated and new , don't actually speak to you with any respect alot of times. Don't have a busy life cause that won't work, they never give you normal shifts everything is always all over the place they expect you to do morning's then overnights as if it's normal for the Bodie to adjust like that, many things.

Pros

Some of the customers you meet

Cons

Long hours, all over the place shifts, no communication

Worst

The franchise owners, and head office should be ashamed of how cheap they are, and how they treat employees. No pay for receiving the vaccine, no increase in pay over the course of the pandemic, horrendous pay for living in the GTA. Yet they expect employees to feel sorry for them, for not being able to maximize their profits over the course of the pandemic. Hawk putuh.

Find somewhere else

In the year and a half I worked for Tim Hortons specifically under J Agnew Foods I was told by many how replaceable I was and that I should get out as soon as I could. And they were right, they suck your soul and will use you until you drop. Owners don’t want to pay for more staff so management short staffs afternoon shift constantly. Management does not communicate with their staff and when they do it’s normally very short or it’s them telling us that they do not care, and everyone is miserable. I will never go back as a customer nor a worker. I would advise anyone looking for a job to seek elsewhere before you loose your sanity and will to live!

Pros

Cons

Management, not enough staff, angry customers

It was to fast and a bit hard working with people

At first I like working at the Tim Hortons and also enjoyed doing the Training and it was amazing to say I was working for myself and not others in fact I hade few mistakes and some misunderstood about there languages but I know I can do better to next new jobs that suit me the most..

Pros

Discount

Cons

8 hours

Stressful workplace with some mismanagement in the locations

Given the hours and demand of the job that I had for the two years while there I found any of my free time to just relax between shifts being quickly encroached on. There were too many times I was made to work a near closing shift before a baking shift the next morning leaving only 8 hours between the end and start of the shift. I had to commute between where I was living at the time to the store location, which was off the highway running through the city, so this really only left me with about 4-6 hours of sleep at best. This happened frequently enough, along with occasions where many of the staff including myself were caught up in working 10 or more days in a row, that I began to feel a little abused.Managers kept asking me to come in as favors but would then schedule me for those evening into baking shifts too often until I put my foot down hard about it to have a day between the shifts so my sleep cycle wasn't ruined. There was a lack of help at times too for covering the shifts so it was always a case of heaven forbid I had a family emergency. I was also made to feel guilty sometimes by the manager if I needed to ask for a day off, rare as it was.Overall it was a far more stressful experience than enriching and not worth the lost sleep and damages to my mental health.

Pros

Decent pay, Staff Discount (Sometimes)

Cons

Long hours, Disrespectful Management, Mismanagement, Frugal Business Practices, Small Work area, Regularly breaking/broken Tools/Supplies for job position, General overbearing stress from management/the fast paced environment

Good Starter Job

Good place to begin working as a young teenager until young adult. Fast paced and friendly atmosphere with some level of possible advancement. Overall a good place to work but not enough money

Pros

Short shifts

Cons

Low pay

Not a place to work for your mental health

Overall, I felt that Tim Hortons is not a place to work at. Between inconsistent scheduling, a lack of training, and rude management, I quit at the end of the summer to focus back onto school.

Pros

Cons

Bad scheduling, terrible bosses, chaotic training

Productive and fun work place

It’s really a very good work place. It is little stressful tho but that’s okay because the co-workers are really helpful. We always help each other.

Stressful and exhausting environment

Okay first job, easy to get hired. Good for students who need flexible work hours. Other than that it's not worth it. It's a fast paced, stressful and exhausting environment. The salary is very low for the amount of work you have to do.

Pros

Flexible hours and discount on Tim products and food.

Cons

Stressful, exhausting, low salary, no benefits.

Jobs at Tim Hortons

Baker positions
See more jobs

Production

I love the job but doesn’t work around your life they think you should live there I have 13 years or more experience but don’t get paid more now for baking it’s not right I do a lot and get no prise for what I do I go above and beyond what I have to do and no one see it I’d like more pay we are treated with out respect

Pros

Hours

Cons

Respect from management

Professional environment

Manager is cooperating and friendly. I find myself luck to work with him. Also the company itself is a blessing for the employees. They provide everything a employee needs.

Very fast paced , minimum wage

I spent more then a few years at tim hortons as a baker and as a front of house worker. It's a very fast paced and stressful environment. Can be chaotic at times and management pushes drive thru times down your throat. Minimum wage, benefits are available. I liked that they are flexible with scheduling and had an open door policy. I met alot of people and made many friends while working here. Overall it was worth it. Tons of memories.

Pros

Free coffee or tea on break plus discount on food

Cons

Pay rate. Chaos. Mean customers.

Not a respectable job

You get paid me minimum wage but are expected to be flawless. Everyone don't care how they work cause there is very little respect given. For such a successful company nothing flows back to the works . Only managers.

Overall horrible experience in the 5 years ive served them

Its a good first job i suppose. Its super underpaid for the amount of awful people ive worked with and served. All the locations around my area has horrid management and even violated the PIPA act and caused me to loose my other job (which was the start of the career that ive always wanted) due to this violation. Needless to say if i had the money to afford a good laywer i would have taken them to court for this violation. The work itself is easy however the working environment is the worst ive ever seen. Not worth the 5 years of life i served them for at diffrent locations.

Pros

Stable hours in certain locations, very easy job and requires little to no experience except customer service skills.

Cons

Everything else.

It’s an ok place

The one I worked for use to be such a great place to work. I use to love the job but since there was a change in manager’s things went down hill. Disrespectful attitude from manager, gossip and very unprofessional behaviour from manager. New owners have recently bought the store and they are great but they definitely got rid of the wrong managers. The staff on the other hand, AMAZING!! I miss working with them! They become like family

Pros

Staff

Cons

Manager

Fun work environment

Great place too work very friendly workers very fast servicesTrain you too know the cash and they also change their products all the time great relaxed

Pros

Effective training

Cons

Hours

Needed a complete overhaul

Management at the time was not helpful to staff or managing the store, left for more pay wage increases were minimal and barely making above minimum wage with pay increases

Very good back when I was working there.

My overall rating of this company was based on my job several years ago. I was a baker there and I was treated very fairly. The pay was good at the time. You wouldn't be able to live on it now but then it was good for me.

Dissapointed

It's okay as a starting job for a teen. They expect far more than minimum wage worth of work out of you and turn over rate is ridiculously high but I guess that is to be expected. They should consider having adults in the manager positions as well instead of teens.

Good restaurant

I enjoyed working there because the staff was very friendly. Moreover, the store General Manager and Manager both are very helpful and tackle the situation very easily. I never face any difficulty while working there. It’s neat and clean place.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K