Tim Hortons logo
Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 911 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,371 reviews

very energized to work at Tim's

When I am strong and healthy, the employer is so happy to me in regards to job performance. But, time change when I fall down, and got accident with work related injury. I am treated nothing. That's why I am not happy leaving Tim Horton's. NO BENEFITS at all. I don't know if it's only to the store where I worked? Please try to ask...if you are interested working at Tim's.

Pros

I feel that...time finish quickly everyday because it's always busy.

Cons

I met many picky, and difficult customers.

Terrible.

Just no. Worked there for good while first time was pretty bad and second time even worst. Management assumes you know everything that is updated and new , don't actually speak to you with any respect alot of times. Don't have a busy life cause that won't work, they never give you normal shifts everything is always all over the place they expect you to do morning's then overnights as if it's normal for the Bodie to adjust like that, many things.

Pros

Some of the customers you meet

Cons

Long hours, all over the place shifts, no communication

Great first Job

This was the best first job you can get. Every one is super supportive and helpful and wanting you to learn. I cant say there are any better place to learn.

management is poor and tense environment

truthfully the management was poorly ran and more yelling than positive reassurance was ever given, it felt more like a chore each day even though everybody there tried to always do and make the best of it. Which is odd how hard we used to be worked considering now the products i receive are normally garbage or poorly done

Pros

25% discount

Cons

poor management

I love my job and people who works with me we are a Tim like our name

We do everything from bottom to top we are a Tim and we respect each other, but the salary it not as good as the work. We are taking orders, making coffee, chasing out making, bagels , cleaning (dining area, kitchen and washroom as well) we do everything.

One of the best starter jobs you can get

This job teaches you everything. This is one of the best starter jobs that you can get.I feel like you learn so much and everyone is super happy to teach you.

Nuetral

Being in the management was tough. Had to do multiple roles at the same time with out even paid properly. Would not recommend for light hearted people!

Productive routine job for a sales clerk, no benefits for part time employees compare to other companies

A typical workday is a routine job for a sales clerk, talking with customers is what I enjoyed most. Pay is commensurate, within standard but there is no other benefits.

Pros

Free food

Cons

No benefits for part time

Great staff and friendly service

Shifts can be hectic with a lot of people and stress. Staff is friendly. Customers can be rude to staff. Hardest part is end of day cleaning. Best part is the friendly regular customers.

Pros

Friendly staff.

Cons

Dealing with rude customers. Gets extremely busy causing stress.

Working at Tim Hortons was alright as a part time job but a having it as a full time job is not a good idea.

A typical day at work starts with you getting dressed into your Tim Hortons uniform and clocking in. After that it’s just endless chores/fast-paced work with almost no time for rest. On less busy days it is usually not this hectic but 8/10 it is too much work to do for minimum wage. The building i worked in was tiny and felt like a cage.

Pros

Close location to home

Cons

Busy, negative moods, awkward employees, lots of non-stop tasks

Jobs at Tim Hortons

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

I was working with Tim Hortons since May 2010 up to Covid time just for one owner in two different stores .

I loved working at Tim Hortons. Free coffee , free donut to eat , a clean healthy environment, and I enjoyed working with the team . Sometimes customers gave problems but we are trained how to deal with them nicely, how to resolve the problem or issue with the customer.

It was productive and fun working with Tim Hortons

It was productive and fun working with Tim Hortons, I I learn how to run A quick service restaurant, how to manage 8-12 employees in a shift . Community engagement, coronation with local people.

Pros

Free lunch, free uniforms

Cons

Very early morning starting.

Its good but at the same time its bit stressful

Working there was helpful but at the same time it was a bit stressful too. Not enough salary and benefits. Management was good but alot of restrictions.

Not a good company to work with, There is no future

Expectations are really high to sky and the pay is very less that you can barely survive, and No there is future, they do not value their employees that much.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and less pay

Fun workplace and very busy.

Even the store can be very busy at times, the co-workers make it a fun. Regular customers are happy to see you. No two days are the same.You work with both old and young people as well as different ethnicities.

Pros

Discount on the food!!!

Cons

Busy, busy vusy

Excellent overall!!

Working at Tim Horton was an absolutely brilliant experience. I received great training-I became employee of the month and successfully promoted. -12 months straight. I was then promoted to Team Leader, and then to Store Manager. Management was absolutely fantastic-they provided the right kind of training, and well exceptional professional. I exceeded all company targets-productivity, profit maximisation, cost effectiveness, and reduction was all increased to 70% and above.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

None that I can think of

Free unlimited coffee and donut on your breaktime.

I love working at tims, at the beginning all are great, but changing leaders and bringing in new team members without proper training is hard for those who work at tim for a long time. They do not listen very well and no common sense most of the time.

Pros

I enjoy working with the team member i am with.

Cons

Hard labour for individual.

Fun but a lot of duties

It was a nice place to work but you never ran out of stuff to do, we always had multiple duties to do and never ran out of cleaning, stocking, making coffees

Pros

Free lunch

Good restaurant

I enjoyed working there because the staff was very friendly. Moreover, the store General Manager and Manager both are very helpful and tackle the situation very easily. I never face any difficulty while working there. It’s neat and clean place.

Pros

Free food

Worst place I ever worked

Don’t care about employees only about profits get yelled at all the time, favouritism , get sworn at and management didn’t do anything too stop it ..don,t allow employees to learn every station , was verbally threatened by other employees management didn’t do anything about complaint

Pros

Non

Overall good

It’s very tiring and hectic if you work at Tim’s. They want you to devote yourself 100%. And expect more from you than they pay. My manager and employer were good.

Pros

Flexibel Hours

Cons

Very tiring and hectic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K