Tim Hortons logo
Happiness score is 55 out of 100Below average

Tim Hortons Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

Found 103 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,363 reviews

Gander vs. St John's Tim Hortons

My experience at Gander Tim Hortons, specifically on the highway, was the worst experience. Staff were always moody and snarky, customer service was definitely not a thing. Overall my experience wasn't very good or beneficial. Now St John's Tim Hortons, again specifically Portugal Cove road, my experience was so much better. I enjoy going there on my weekend shifts and the hours are so much better, staff are a lot more friendly. Management is awesome, very understanding and willing to listen to any suggestions, etc.

Terrible place to work

Terrible place to work. Managers are not respectful. Never they provide benefits. They try to dont pay insurance. Long shifts without lunch time. They keep workers number low in each shift, u should work instead of 2 person.

Pros

nothing, just u are working and u have salary.

Cons

Stressful and demands running running and running

Very rude and unfair management.

The manager and owner are rude and unfair person. The management is biased..they've no coordination whatsoever. At end of your shift they will ask you to do all the job your coworker didn't do which was associated to them .pays the minimum wage but that's not fair with the amount of work they will ask you to do. They'll always assume you're stealing from them and the work environment is horrible.

Bad Management

Management do not give care about anything and only care about their own shift. You can't talk and have a little chat with your co-workers without your managers thinking that you are talking behind their back. Very toxic work environment, Do not recommend. and don't get me started on the customers too.

Stressful, Fast-paced and doesn't stop

Management is extremely strict. There are zero benefits for part-time employee's besides a 50% discount at your work. The work doesn't stop or calm down. There is no time spent sitting down or being lazy. Pay started at 0.10 cents over min raise. You're supposed to get a raise after your 1 year of working. When time came for a raise I needed to be 'evaluated by management. Spent a month and a half trying to get management to give me my evaluation but they were always "too busy" or they purposely scheduled me a shift without a manager on duty. After finally getting evaluated I only received a 0.25 cent raise.

Pros

A discount

Cons

Standing too long

It’s a good all around job

Working at Tim’s frontline staff was not difficult but tedious the work wasn’t hard it was just fast work and hard to keep up. It was hard at first but after a while I got a hang of it

Pros

Easy to work

Cons

Fast pace

My best work experience so far.

Been working there for a little less than a year. It is a nice place to work. The atmosphere is friendly with everyone looking to help each other. It can get stressful sometimes but that is part and parcel of the job. The management is very friendly and accommodating.

Friendly staff

Working at Tim Hortons in st.johns, NL was amazing. Everyone was so friendly and calm and they are always willing to help you. The manager was good also she’s really nice and hardworking!

Postive work environment.

A typical work day is fast-paced. I've learned that team work can make even the most stressful situation a little easier. The management is always there for the employees. The hardest part of the job is it can get stressful at times. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the co-workers and regular customers.

GREAT PLACE...BUT some of the people..

It can be very stressful enough working a face paced place like 'Timmies' but sometimes what goes on behind the scenes with employees can be very depressing, and to the point of bullying at almost every one I worked at. It felt lik high school, not a real work place. I LOVED it , but too shy to stand up for myself, and would just leave. (THIS WAS YEARS AGO!)

Jobs at Tim Hortons

in St. John's, NL
See more jobs

Great starter job

This place was great to work for. My location had great management so that wasn't an issue. It's very face paced as customers take their coffee very seriously. I loved the people I worked with and the customers I served. Sure you get the odd one who isn't nice but smile and move on! Pay is low for the amount of work.yiu do... for such a big franchise they could pay better

Pros

Lots!

Cons

Low pay

Very fast and hard working place

This is my first job in Canada.l had enjoyed my work,it's good atmosphere not very good.company provides good benefits.But management staff are not very helpful there.

Great workplace and friendly staff.

Tim Horton's is a fast food/coffee shop. I really enjoyed my experience at Tim Horton's overall and learned that working a fast food job is not very easy. It is in fact, challenging and requires a lot of patience.

fast paced work environment

Tim Hortons has flexible hours which is great for students. Co-workers and customers are super friendly. Its a fast pace environment that is very enjoyable.

Fun to work at, but the amount of work did not equal the wage paid

A good starting place but only until a new a job is found. A lot depends on the manager and how they treat their employees. But if you develop a good relationship with your coworkers working there can be a really enjoyable experience.

Na

It was a job for what I needed and staff were ok to work with but sometimes you need a change. I don't know really how to put a review on the company. They are flexible for the best part.

productive workplace

tim hortons was my first job and my manager groomed me into becoming a good supervisor and having a good work ethic. it was a good experience working with different people and supervising them

Pros

50 percent off on food

Cons

Easy going job that can be fun as well

The management is really nice, as well as the manager and the coworkers, they are all really easy to get along with and are understanding. Interacting with your coworkers is probably one of the most fun things you can do while working, and of course making your customers' day. It really teaches you how to multitask and to work well with people.

Cons

only two 15 minute breaks on an 8 hour shift

Fun place to work

I loved working here I had almost no problems with any of my coworkers, except for one person I only saw once or twice a month but even then they got off only a few hours after I started. I'd give them a 0 rating since their completely useless and I'm surprised that person hasn't been fired yet but what ever back to the store. The owners where very nice people, even though I never meet them in person they still gave everyone person Christmas letters and gift cards, and even little bonuses here and there. The supervisors are easy going and great to get along with, there are understanding and are willing to help you if you ask, or see that you're struggling. The environment was amazing, I always felt at home and I never hated working there. Tim hortons is the best place I've ever worked in my whole life.

Pros

Free baked items ans hot drinks when on breaks

Cons

If you're hard of hearing, you'll hate talking orders from the drive through

Great all around people

The people that came to the store are great, no a bad customer in sight. Management goes above and beyond to comply with your outside of work life by giving you the scheduled you need on a weekly bases.

If you like coffee and donuts

If you like coffee and donuts this could be a place for you. My experience with management was that they were not willing to listen to your needs or wants and they would treat their employees like dirt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tim Hortons. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5.6K